• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
14$ for a improved game, why you mad? Use a custom image if it bothers you :p

It's going to make it a difficult wait.

Also, it seems I have an icon for it now. Much better.

EDIT: It appeared without me having to use the one you posted, Grief. Appreciate it, though. I can't stand a grey spot in my grid.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well Team Fortress 2 was in development for 9 years and had at least 3 different known versions (a realistic, almost battlefield style version, a Half Life 2 version and the one we have today) and that turned out pretty well.

I don't think anyone left Valve over TF2 though

Still I hope Xcom is good, it looks interesting.

Viktor Antonov did, sort of, as Valve had no "epic, triple-A" titles in development at the time of his departure (~2005).

Grief.exe

I hate gray boxes too

8TiO1Ow.png

zkylon

zkylewd
grid view would be so much better if it kept your categories

I have a "hide me" category for all the betas and alien shooters, if only grid view would care about it T_T

Let's just say that I've heard from various parts of the grapevine that, due to the engine being used for Celceta, a PC (or even PS3) port might not be entirely out of the question. I think the only hurdle might be the resolution of all the assets - it was designed with the Vita in mind and so some interface and texture clean-up work might be needed for an A+ port.

Seven's more of a non-starter, though. Engine's proprietary, designed for the PSP (along with the low-rez assets) and the existing PC port is... not up to the standards consumers here expect.

Interesting. Guess that's something that they might release down the line, since it wouldn't be surprising if they decide to first release a touched-up Ys AoN.

JaseC

Hunting down these final few vehicles in JC2 -- boats, to be specific -- is proving to be a pain in the arse thanks to my utterly crap luck in having them spawn. Once they're out of the way, though, I can smash through the main missions and then I'll be done with the game.

Welp, all those Saoirse gifs are starting to make me like her.

tumblr_inline_mkwq8toccudy.gif

Knurek

Hunting down these final few vehicles in JC2 -- boats, to be specific -- is proving to be a pain in the arse thanks to my utterly crap luck in having them spawn. Once they're out of the way, though, I can smash through the main missions and then I'll be done with the game.

You're way more dedicated than me. I stopped caring about hitting 100% in the game after powering through a hundred or so (mostly) copy-pasted outposts...

Can't say I didn't have fun doing it, but I'd enjoy the game much more if it didn't recycle locations so damn much. :\

JaseC

You're way more dedicated than me. I stopped caring about hitting 100% in the game after powering through a hundred or so (mostly) copy-pasted outposts...

Can't say I didn't have fun doing it, but I'd enjoy the game much more if it didn't recycle locations so damn much. :\

I'm not going to bother chasing the non-settlement collectables and structures since that'd require blindly exploring every nook and cranny, though I have found a few of the stragglers since I've resumed my pursuit to drive all of the game's vehicles.

Hitting 100% completion actually requires a mod that reinstates the missing water tower into the game world; apparently it was sitting in an unfinished settlement that nobody went back to complete and implement into the world proper.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
If you want to thank me please PM rather than cluttering the thread, thanks!

:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 20 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Aquaria -- MB-5B0EB62F5FA4BD34 - Taken by masterkajo
Awesomenauts -- MB-BEA4A2CAB22ECDA3 - Taken by BorntoPlay
Awesomenauts Cluck Costume DLC -- MB-EFBF9214B0611A79 - Taken by maneil99
Capsized -- MB-7A4F53BFA5FD26A8 - Taken by sapsari
Cave Story Plus -- MB-1C3D71695C4AFF89 - Taken by Motorbreath
Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-8D636AB525EB00B6 - Taken by creamsugar
Dear Esther -- MB-102B50311C5EBB55 - Taken by Helmholtz
English Country Tune -- MB-18EBA3D03D7E4D65 - Taken by Wake
Intrusion 2 -- MB-28F4743D31F2E4A9 - Taken by Deques
Little Inferno -- MB-E93E8FFDAD368875 - Taken by Fl1pp13
Nightsky -- MB-633DB62AB865BEFE - Taken by statham
Nightsky #2 -- MB-ACFCAEC568B39041 - Taken by The Super Bob
Nightsky #3 -- MB-5ACB7C7A907A0394
Oil Rush -- MB-B72DC448EED87E3B - Taken by DeadlyVirus
Oil Rush #2 -- MB-BBBDA8F9DC2DAEC5 - Taken by Maxwood
Organ Trail: Director's Cut -- MB-FEF9A37C592C3B03 - Taken by Dingotech
Stealth Bastard Deluxe -- MB-B328A7FB58727B1B - Taken by Sajjaja
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP -- MB-C0EDAFBC573F213B - Taken by 1337Sauce
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-FA1B22FB795EBBDB - Taken by Alessandro
Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-9EDA57DD852EFD15 - Taken by Xanathus

New entry in Steam database: DayZ Server.... hope it gets approved for Early Access.

Edit: Nevermind, I see it was there before, just updated today.

Dingotech

Thanks for Organ Trail xelios

Oops didn't read the bit about sending you a PM!

Well to make the post relevant I started Dark Souls again last night. I only played for an hour but I already feel like I understand the game much better than the last time I played. I really paid attention the the mechanics tutorial and it feels much easier.

In saying that the first black knight still murdered me, lol.

wilflare

My handphone buzzed and I got my favorite notification email from Steam

"You've received a gift copy of the game Rise of the Triad on Steam"

Thanks Spoonie :D

maneil99

I should mention here. Anyone that bought a 600 evga series gpu recently. gets rise of the triad free from evga. Also anyone who bought a 600/700 series gpu this year from them gets primal carnage free

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
*cough*HYPEHYPEGuacamelee!HYPEHYPE*cough*

Thanks for Oil Rush, xelios! :D

Acccent

There should be a rule that says if you thank the person you gifted you something in the thread instead of via PM like they asked, the gift goes to someone else

BorntoPlay

I should mention here. Anyone that bought a 600 evga series gpu recently. gets rise of the triad free from evga. Also anyone who bought a 600/700 series gpu this year from them gets primal carnage free

great! I bought a evga GTX 660 this year so I get primal carnage for free...=)

If you want to thank me please PM rather than cluttering the thread, thanks!

since I made this post, like to say..Thanks Xelios!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
First hour of FF7:

"Pfft, I don't see the big deal."

6 hours later at 5AM:

"Oh god, I need more!"

JaseC

I doubt Bayonetta will go out on Steam, the sequel is exclusive to WiiU and be published by Nintendo ...

The sequel is decidedly unlikely to do so but the original isn't -- it's Sega's IP, after all, and as per the above image there's an in-house PC build in a playable state.

JaseC

neveragain00yi7.jpg

Never again. I had to repeat the last few as the game crashed and partially reset my progress.

This vehicle is the biggest bastard in the whole game:

orque_grandois_21ttiuxkv.png

Its spawn rate has to be 0.01%.

Huh... Take On Mars store page seems to have disappeared, still in my wishlist though. Is that normal for an imminent release?

Dev comment in the Steam Community page:

"Hello everyone, no need for alarm, the game is being released 1pm GMT. The steam entry was being updated, an issue must have arisen and should be up as soon as possible. Again, sorry for the errors."

BorntoPlay

The sequel is decidedly unlikely to do so but the original isn't -- it's Sega's IP, after all, and as per the above image there's an in-house PC build in a playable state.

only if Nintendo make sure to secure the franchise rights?...;), and most games are developed in PC environment before being ported to consoles, so this is not indicative of anything ..

JaseC

And now you only have to beat the game on extreme difficulty to get the remaining achievements.

I'm not achievement hunting, they just happen to be tied to the game's completion statistics. That said, it does bother me a little that I'll be two achievements short of unlocking the lot once I've finished the campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom