• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

Some GMG Sales if not posted yet:

The Walking Dead + 400 Days for 14,99€
Worms Revolution + Season Pass for 6,99€

Sniper Elite V2 + DLC Bundle for 33,97€
Darksiders 2 + Season Pass for 17,49€
Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes Pack for 29,97€
Grid 2 for 26,99€
Max Payne Complete Bundle for 15,99€
Manhunt for 2,49€
Bully for 2,49€

Everything is Steam reedemable.

They also have some other Rockstar deals and QuakeCon weekend, but Steam has better deals, so I choice to not write them down.

20% voucher code: GMG20-4B9NY-L4FEN

Quoting for new page if anyone missed it.

I bought the Aliens-Game on the Segashop with my CC.

Got the first email that says

"ACTIVATION: you will receive your key in a second email once your order has been validated. "

How long does it usually take?

Addnan

I bought the Aliens-Game on the Segashop with my CC.

Got the first email that says

"ACTIVATION: you will receive your key in a second email once your order has been validated. "

How long does it usually take?

I didn't get that. I got 2 emails. One for registering to sega and the second one was the order confirmation email which also had the key near the bottom.

nexen

I tried just now and couldn't even get past the seemingly endless OP. On the other hand in here we have people buying Aliens:CM, so I'm not sure what thread is worse right now...
Meh, worst case scenario I paid $5 for a ticket to the freak show.

I really like the Aliens IP so maybe I can wrangle a few hours of enjoyment out of it. Maybe. Can't be any worse than Prometheus, can it?

DukeBobby

Alan Wake?

L8kCtok.png

Knurek

Does Manhunt actually work on newer Windows versions?

GMG page says it doesn't support Vista or 7, PCGWiki has supposedly a compatibility patch.

Anyone used it?

Sorry! Haha I wasn't referring to Microsoft but I do wonder how developers feel in general about their games. Titles like Bastion/Hotline Miami do hold their own weight but have also been featured in Humble Bundles

As of late, I imagine that they're doing it to get fans so that their future titles sell better. That Bastion weekly deal (and possibly, to a lesser extent, Humble Bundle 5) was done to help advertise Transistor. Hotline Miami may have been included in Humble Bundle 8 to help promote its upcoming sequel.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, we still get great games for dirt cheap.

There was a microsoft bundle on Amazon over xmas that was dirt cheap and had some good stuff in it. It might not get a humble bundle but it might get in one on amazon if they do it again.

That is true. I bought it back in January. I could see Dust being added to that bundle, but not to Humble Bundle any time soon.

I didn't get that. I got 2 emails. One for registering to sega and the second one was the order confirmation email which also had the key near the bottom.

It just shows:

"Your order Status: Your order is being validated.
To prevent fraud, an additional check of your purchase is required. To this effect, your key will only be sent once your purchase has been validated. The aforementioned check can take up to a few hours. We strive to deliver your key to you as fast as possible.
"

wilflare

As of late, I imagine that they're doing it to get fans so that their future titles sell better. That Bastion weekly deal (and possibly, to a lesser extent, Humble Bundle 5) was done to help advertise Transistor. Hotline Miami may have been included in Humble Bundle 8 to help promote its upcoming sequel.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, we still get great games for dirt cheap.

That is true. I bought it back in January. I could see Dust being added to that bundle, but not to Humble Bundle any time soon.

I do love the Humble Bundles so much so it has created a mentality in me that...
"I shouldn't buy Game XYZ now... It'll appear in a bundle down the line"

derExperte

Meh, worst case scenario I paid $5 for a ticket to the freak show.

I really like the Aliens IP so maybe I can wrangle a few hours of enjoyment out of it. Maybe. Can't be any worse than Prometheus, can it?

Problem is that the more you like the movie Aliens (and A3) the more reason you'll have to hate the game. 'Freak show' is a pretty fitting description.

But I of course understand why someone wants to see it for himself, I did too.

Dolor

Problem is that the more you like the movie Aliens (and A3) the more reason you'll have to hate the game. 'Freak show' is a pretty fitting description.

Honestly, as a fan of Aliens, I find myself morbidly curious as well, but I have sworn myself off buying shooters anytime soon as they just never keep my interest and tend to all be similar.

I was most disappointed when I realised I'd missed the boat as it's right up my alley: a visually-splended city builder set in one my favourite time periods.

Pretty much exactly my thoughts as well. I didn't even knew they existed before they were off Steam already.

Sorry if this has been posted already. Interesting retrospective from two tribes to launching toki tori 2 near the summer sale.

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/Coll..._2_Steam_Summer_Sale_Launch_Retrospective.php

I feel bad for them, I saw people openingly complaining about the discount even though it just laughed.

Hell even TB in his video told people to not buy the game at the price it was, that couldn't have helped sales.

Oh well did my part and bought two copies, wish I had the time to properly play it though

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Regarding the pick-up thread, this post totally blew my mind when I first saw it. The ultimate master of hoarding!

There's a Jigsaw figurine in that post and just yesterday Catabarez pointed me in the direction of someone selling a gift copy of Saw. Coincidence or a divine hint?

Screw you German censorship

zbvfUAh.png

This sale is hilarious in Germany. None of the id games are even available, but the huge Bethesda pack costs the same (or even more) than in other regions.

Id day is basically Commander Keen + RAGE day here.

Screw you German censorship

zbvfUAh.png

This sale is hilarious in Germany. None of the id games are even available, but the huge Bethesda pack costs the same (or even more) than in other regions.

Id day is basically Commander Keen + RAGE day here.

Tja. So schlecht ergeht es uns hier ;)

Its really a shame. I also wondered why Doom3 and Doom3 BFG arent available here. I remember I could buy BFG before, right?

derExperte

23 vs 45 games
86,84€ vs $89.99

While the availability of some games isn't Beth/ID's fault the pricing is.

Its really a shame. I also wondered why Doom3 and Doom3 BFG arent available here. I remember I could buy BFG before, right?

I can. http://store.steampowered.com/app/208200/ 7,49€ And nonBFG is in the pack.

BFG is available (for 7.49€ vs $4.99), but Doom 3 is only availabe as part of the (86,xx€) Quakecon pack for some reason.

I bet they just forgot and don't really give a fuck about this region :)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I launched Wake. It looked hideous and blurry, it controlled terribly (and the default keybindings were crazy). I think the core game could be a good idea, but I'm amazed that it released as-is on Steam.

BFG is available (for 7.49€ vs $4.99), but Doom 3 is only availabe as part of the (86,xx€) Quakecon pack for some reason.

Oh. Strange. Yesterday when I clicked on the id-page, it showed Doom 3 and Doom BFG, but without any price, so I thought its not available here.

Grief.exe

There will be a playable build at gamescom. Hope this means it's finished real soon.

There was also a playable build at E3, but it was so hacked together it barely resembled the actual game.
New animations weren't in, zombies were broken, not online.

Hopefully they have an actual build ready. If everything was on track in the internal review this week, then the open alpha could release within the next couple of weeks. According to Rocket.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Pretty Alan Wake screenshots;

It looks really stunning, from time to time. Especially the light and shadow effects.

Grief.exe

They probably forgot to add Doom 3 back onto the store.

When BFG originally launched, they removed Doom 3 from the Steam Store. This was done because Bethesda knew that the original release was still the definitive version.

The only reason it was added back was due to fan outcry.

Kuroyume

Banned
Found a booster pack for BOI today in my inbox. So awesome. If there's one game I would have wanted it for it's that one. Now just missing 3 more cards for it.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Oh my.
I apologise. I blame the hot weather! :p

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
They probably forgot to add Doom 3 back onto the store.

When BFG originally launched, they removed Doom 3 from the Steam Store. This was done because Bethesda knew that the original release was still the definitive version.

The only reason it was added back was due to fan outcry.

Really? Bethesda knew that BFG wasn't as good as OG Doom 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom