• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

omg_mjd

Anyone with Windows 8 64-bit able to play Fallout 3? I was about to buy when I saw this:

Notice: Fallout 3 is not optimized for Windows 7

I haven't had any issues playing other older games so far (aside from STALKER CoP but I was able to fix it.)

nexen

Anyone with Windows 8 64-bit able to play Fallout 3? I was about to buy when I saw this:

I haven't had any issues playing other older games so far (aside from STALKER CoP but I was able to fix it.)

FWIW Fallout 3 works fine on Win7 64bit.
I sincerely doubt there would be any issues on Win8, but buyer beware.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains

I just booted it up to test and it started without any issues. I've put a few hours into New Vegas and everything has been fine, too.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It seems I've received a Brutal Legend booster pack. Well, at least that's three less cards I have to purchase myself when I get around to maxing out the badge, I suppose.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Getting a lot closer to making this a reality:

6OC690f.png

Someone pointed out that the "Market" tab on the account page only had the previous 200 transactions. So I had to get a little creative with the code. This function will now work with all transactions for the life of the account.

And so far I've made about $67!

wilflare

6OC690f.png

Someone pointed out that the "Market" tab on the account page only had the previous 200 transactions. So I had to get a little creative with the code. This function will now work with all transactions for the life of the account.

that's neat :D cant wait for the update
and that's a neat profit :O

Addnan

6OC690f.png

Mine is going to be so inaccurate :(. I helped a friend by some stuff from the UK store by selling some stuff on the market for him. It was a lot.

Dolor

6OC690f.png

I fear this addition as I don't know if I want to see how much I have spent maxing out silly badges.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I fear this addition as I don't know if I want to see how much I have spent maxing out silly badges.

Don't worry, there will be an option to disable it.

Soi-Fong

So I'm a lil bit over an hour in "To the Moon." All I'm thinking is why the fuck can't Hollywood make stories like this.. I was literally hooked within five minutes. Wonderful characters, good character development and pretty good writing.

I'm looking forward to finishing it.

6OC690f.png

can't wait man, been waiting to see my card profit. Love the work, thanks!

Tizoc

Anyone know if Duck Tales is gonna have a 2-pack or the like? Either way gonna make the give away later this month along with Skullgirls.

JaseC

clearing cache worked :)

I have that problem on my laptop (with Firefox specifically) and clearing everything but browsing history didn't help at all. :( I've resigned to using IE when wanting to peruse the store of a different region.

Anyone know if Duck Tales is gonna have a 2-pack or the like? Either way gonna make the give away later this month along with Skullgirls.

I wouldn't see why. I don't think it has multiplayer.

Regardless of the criticism in this thread, I already instinctively grabbed onto some DuckTales.

JaseC

It's not. A multi-pack option would have been available from the off if it was going to be offered at all.

omg_mjd

Works for me.

FWIW Fallout 3 works fine on Win7 64bit.
I sincerely doubt there would be any issues on Win8, but buyer beware.

I just booted it up to test and it started without any issues. I've put a few hours into New Vegas and everything has been fine, too.

Thanks for taking the time to check. Guess I'll get it then. Been having a blast with Fallout NV so it'll be great to have Fallout 3 to play when I'm done.

I have that problem on my laptop (with Firefox specifically) and clearing everything but browsing history didn't help at all. :( I've resigned to using IE when wanting to peruse the store of a different region.

For the record, I was browsing http://store.steampowered.com/?l=brazilian

The fixed link you supplied doesn't work in this case.
http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=us

Must be something to do with the first URL, I tried it again and fixed it with
http://store.steampowered.com/?l=english

I guess it depends how I originally entered the foreign store.

MNC

Id use enhanced steam so much more if my goddamn chrome would remember my log in

I dont want to do the steamguard thing every time :(

JaseC

For the record, I was browsing http://store.steampowered.com/?l=brazilian

The fixed link you supplied doesn't work in this case.
http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=us

Must be something to do with the first URL, I tried it again and fixed it with
http://store.steampowered.com/?l=english

I guess it depends how I originally entered the foreign store.

Oh, your earlier post didn't specify the issue so I assumed you were trying to return to US prices, not change the store language back to English. Yeah, ?cc only changes prices while ?l refers to the language used.

JaseC

Id use enhanced steam so much more if my goddamn chrome would remember my log in

I dont want to do the steamguard thing every time :(

The annoying thing about having to enter a name for the browser so SteamGuard remembers it is that the action is undone if you clear your cookies.

Thing is Dungeons and Dragon CoM got a multi pack some hours after it was up on Steam, hence why I ask.

Ah, right.

maty

6OC690f.png

Great work jshackles :D Can't wait for the update

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Don't worry, guys. I blocked Javadots.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hydrophobia -- MB-CE4C1107104E76F7 - Taken by jediyoshi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom