• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Even just releasing MM9 +10 (bundle for $10) would be the easiest cash-grab in history. A new (good) MMX would make heads explode.

Trying to understand Japanese companies is just impossible. I was the biggest weeaboo during the PSOne/PS2 days, but it's impossible to defend this shit.

I agree, they make some inexplicable decisions, Square and Nintendo included in that as well. Their quarterly reports seem to echo that they are making the wrong decisions.

Sega seems to be doing well for itself though.

I would like to see the Mega Max X Anniversary rereleased on PC/consoles. X2 and X3 SNES are so expensive and I would love to play these games at 1080p.

Finally got Teleglitch (thank you Amazon), now this is my kind of roguelike. It is really good. I don't mind the graphic style, but I bet a few might not like it. Controls are tight, every bullet counts, and it gets insanely intense when you're low on health and supplies

Just checked this game out, instantly wishlisted.

That's not Capcom though, they just published the games. Inti Creates developed them.

It is still, ultimately, up to Capcom.

They are in charge of the IP, and they are in charge of finding a developer. Apparently, they do want to develop more IPs internally.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I want to change my answer: RPS' big announcement is Dragon's Dogma PC.

And RDR PC.

And what I just said before.

Grief.exe

I'm thinking we will see a positive update on DayZ very soon.

Dean is still at work and its almost 8PM Czech time.

Will it reuse levels from previous games and feature worse versions of the first game's bonus stages? And butchered physics too?

It seems like it is going to reuse levels from the NES game. They showed a comparison trailer showing the two areas side-by-side and they were very similar.

And RDR PC.

Can't say no to either of those titles on PC, they would both be very successful.

Though the latter I just picked up on PS3 off of Craigslist for my inevitable console purchase.

Knurek

They are in charge of the IP, and they are in charge of finding a developer. Apparently, they do want to develop more IPs internally.

Oh yes, it's up to them, I won't dispute that. What I was saying was that Capcom does not have the skillset required to make good Mega Man (and just about any other 2D platformer) game.

They haven't made any for at least ten years, all those games Mega Man they released since GBA times were outsourced either to Value Wave or Inti Creates.

And RDR PC.

I'll hook you up with
a
Ms. Ronan if you are true.

JaseC

Can't say no to either of those titles on PC, they would both be very successful.

Though the latter I just picked up on PS3 off of Craigslist for my inevitable console purchase.

I still need to finish The Last of Us. I told a mate to finish it out without me so then we wouldn't need to wait around for one another and that I'd just borrow his PS3 when he's done (EA killed mine earlier in the year), but apparently he tuned out during that last part as he spoiled the part of the game where (actual spoiler)
Joel is gravely injured and you assume control of Ellie
, which I'm assuming is supposed to be a pretty big moment.

Going to make the request one more time.

Would like to trade a copy of Spec Ops The Line and Droplitz(if wanted) for the Humble Weekly Bundle (currently 3.35)

zychi

Banned
A few days ago someone said they'd be down for this trade, I have no idea what page # it's on so I'm just gonna repost it here and in the Buy/Sell Thread

I have a Steam Code for Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition

I'm looking for Payday 1 steam code
or
PSN codes

pm me if interested

BorntoPlay

i think Nintendo could get it... there is the Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem game in development by Atlus and Intelligent Systems for the Wii U and the promotion where anyone who’s registered both Fire Emblem: Awakening and the upcoming Shin Megami Tensei IV with Club Nintendo will automatically get $30 of e-Shop credit ...

It's probably weird, but I basically rate how much I like various game companies more or less by how much they play nice with Steam.

In other words, I hope Sega gets them because that likely means more good games on Steam.

JaseC

What's all about this Rage and Rogue trading?

A GAFer in one of the Summer Sale threads sniped a Rogue Legacy key and, after looking the game up, decided that he didn't want it, giving the key to a friend in return for Rage.

Grief.exe

What's all about this Rage and Rogue trading?

Full story

So Duke Bobby scraped enough money together to give away a copy of Rogue Legacy during the Summer Sale.

BHK3 came in and took the copy, without knowing what the game was.

He subsequently, did some research, found out he didn't like the game, then traded it to his friend for Rage. He came in the thread and acted like a real jerk about it too.

So, he essentially took a game that was given in good faith to, hopefully, someone who would truly enjoy it. And just traded it for a cheap game.

That is why he has become the butt of all of our jokes, and the embodiment of how not to act.

image.php

bengraven

Tomorrow Elder Scrolls day you think?

I still need to double dip on Oblivion at some point. Already played the Xbox version but wouldn't mind playing a modded version.

Razorskin

----- ------

I still need to double dip on Oblivion at some point. Already played the Xbox version but wouldn't mind playing a modded version.

Was confirmed to be The Elder Scrolls day tomorrow.

I agree, they make some inexplicable decisions, Square and Nintendo included in that as well. Their quarterly reports seem to echo that they are making the wrong decisions.

Sega seems to be doing well for itself though.

I would like to see the Mega Max X Anniversary rereleased on PC/consoles. X2 and X3 SNES are so expensive and I would love to play these games at 1080p.

Just checked this game out, instantly wishlisted.

Here's a link for the demo. Get to play the tutorial, level 1, and level 3.
http://www.gamefront.com/files/22719791/Teleglitch_Demo__Windows_

JaseC

Elder Scroll's tomorrow; Dishonored Sunday.

Plus, to be fair, he might have been trying to get Bad Rats but accidentally won Rogue Legacy.

If memory serves, it wasn't intentionally mislabelled or a "mystery raffle".

Nymphae

Banned
the story makes me very sad every single time I hear it :/
why would you do that to Rogue Legacy :(

I know, and if you are going to be such a prick and snatch a key for a game you don't even know about or want, why let the forum know that's what you did? No shame in his game.

Khronico

To those of you that haven't bought the humble 1C bundle, DO SO NOW. King's Bounty and Men of War are both outstanding series of games, and well worth whatever the average price is now.

This is a random question but is there any chance that the original Saints Row will be ported to PC? That's the only game I haven't played from the series. I heard that there was an issue that prevented it from being released to PS3 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom