• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

So here are the updates from the past couple days, in case you missed it.

Batman: AC update.

Client Icon just changed, not sure why.

Before/After

i9eOkOklvEe4f.png

5456a41d4076244a6c593cbb260c3384493a7727.jpg

Huge news! This is, honestly, probably one of the largest pieces of evidence we have seen yet.

This update just went through for Arkham City

• less than a minute ago Added showcdkeyonlaunch_macos – 0
  • less than a minute ago Added showcdkeyinmenu_macos – 0
  • less than a minute ago Changed changenumber – 259930 › 259939
  • 9 minutes ago Removed cddbfingerprint – -693650002
  • 9 minutes ago Changed LegacyKeyRegistryLocation –
  • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\TestApp200260\SteamKey › HKEY_CURRENT_USER

They turned off showing cd key on launch, which is a necessity for GFWL games.

From what I can tell, they also completely removed where the CD Key was previously stored. If they remove the key, then Securom's registry entry cannot reference it properly for activation limits. Need a little more evidence on this one.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SecuROM

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SecuROM.

Thread: Steam Versions Batman:AA/AC & Bioshock 2 Adding Achievements, Removing GFWL/Securom?

iQ1GVeUAf8Abk.gif

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I've gotten what appears to be 5 of what appears to be 6 of the endings to Lunnye Devitsy (99 minutes played). It is sort of a slow, tedious, not as fun version of Knytt with very nice music and sound. If you own it, maybe consider playing it. If not, I probably wouldn't buy it.

The endings I got were:
Spaceship
Springboard
Fall off Bottom of World, Loop around to Top
Megaphone -> Running Jump
Mailman

I'm missing 3 of the moon things in order to talk to the left alien, which I'm guessing is the 6th ending.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Valve has done a great job of making people want to use Steam. I have Origin, UPlay, and Desura installed and I often forget they exist because there are barely any social features.

nexen

Valve has done a great job of making people want to use Steam. I have Origin, UPlay, and Desura installed and I often forget they exist because there are barely any social features.

They can add all the social features they want to Origin, UPlay, and Desura, people will still want to use Steam. This is what EA does not seem to get.

Steam has already won. The amount of lock-in DD services have is a real bitch to overcome.

The only possible way they can be challenged is on price, an no one seems willing to do that.

Chronoja

They can add all the social features they want to Origin, UPlay, and Desura, people will still want to use Steam. This is what EA does not seem to get.

Steam has already won.

The only possible way they can be challenged is on price, an no one seems willing to do that.

not even that, it's that the attempts to replicate various features sees them add more and more superfluous levels, see EA and battlelog just for joining bf3 servers. Doesn't matter if it works or not, noone is clamoring to have a facebook-y browser app. Valves approach makes most of the stuff feel integrated and natural instead of several disjointed, associated by name, interfaces.

Tellaerin

IMO, every F2P game needs to be P2W in order to let the devs/publisher survive. Not making a F2P game P2W is suicide.

If that's really the case, the world is better off without F2P games. Games where you can (and are expected to) pay real money to win aren't "games" anymore. They're challenging the depths of the player's pockets rather than his/her skill.

Grief.exe

Leaked Prey 2 screenshots

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=74459287

not even that, it's that the attempts to replicate various features sees them add more and more superfluous levels, see EA and battlelog just for joining bf3 servers. Doesn't matter if it works or not, noone is clamoring to have a facebook-y browser app. Valves approach makes most of the stuff feel integrated and natural instead of several disjointed, associated by name, interfaces.

I liked Battlelog since its easily updated both officially and with user scripts.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Steam has already won. The amount of lock-in DD services have is a real bitch to overcome.

Price isn't really the catch either though: take Kingdoms of Amalur as an example. It's been on sale via Origin tons of times, for (I believe) as little as about $8. People still pass on that as it's "not Steam" and go ape-shit when it's $15 on Steam (like I did).

It's more akin to a format war such as Betamax vs VHS or Blu-Ray vs HDDVD. At the beginning of the format war you choose a side and pretty much stick with it due to your initial investment. People who bought HDDVD players had little use for Blu-Rays in the beginning because it wasn't their format of choice.

The only problem here is that rather than respecting consumer's overall decisions, companies such as Ubisoft and EA keep coming out with more formats that nobody wants, but are forced to buy into if they want the content. It'd be like Warner Brothers deciding that they were only going to be releasing future movies on their new WB-Ray format. If you wanted to watch a Warner Brothers movie at home, you'd have to buy their player.

The problem is that the "format war" here has already been won, but nobody wants to admit it.

nexen

Price isn't really the catch either though: take Kingdoms of Amalur as an example. It's been on sale via Origin tons of times, for (I believe) as little as about $8. People still pass on that as it's "not Steam" and go ape-shit when it's $15 on Steam (like I did).

It's more akin to a format war such as Betamax vs VHS or Blu-Ray vs HDDVD. At the beginning of the format war you choose a side and pretty much stick with it due to your initial investment. People who bought HDDVD players had little use for Blu-Rays in the beginning because it wasn't their format of choice.

The only problem here is that rather than respecting consumer's overall decisions, companies such as Ubisoft and EA keep coming out with more formats that nobody wants, but are forced to buy into if they want the content. It'd be like Warner Brothers deciding that they were only going to be releasing future movies on their new WB-Ray format. If you wanted to watch a Warner Brothers movie at home, you'd have to buy their player.

The problem is that the "format war" here has already been won, but nobody wants to admit it.

I agree with this 100%. Price is the only *possible* way to compete, but I'm far from sure that it would be successful.

edit: The only way I can see steam being overthrown is if a major player (Origin, really) eats a whole lot of up-front losses by giving away desirable catalog for free and then remains competitive on price, or if PC gaming just goes DRM-free *and* the publishers go competitive on price.

Turfster

So I just finished my Cleaner Hands Ghost Knife of Dunwall playthrough (my first).
I could totally play a Dishonored 'sequel' (KoD and Dishonored spoilers here, obviously)
with Billie Lurk in a different city, assuming Daud sparing her life is canon. It would get around the 'dur, so now where do we go with our story if we want Corvo to be the protagonist again?' after the end of the original game.

Acccent

I don't think EA and Ubisoft are "fighting a war", both companies know that they probably can't overcome Steam at this point; but keeping their own store online is probably still more profitable than just having nothing.

I disagree about Desura too, I think it's a platform that really has a lot of potential and I'm excited about it having been bought by Linden Labs. It's different enough from Steam to exist, it can be a platform that's focused on a more specific kind of games while also being much more open to those games than Steam is, and it isn't riddled with useless corporate semi-social bullshit like Origin or UPlay.

Grief.exe

I'm really enjoying my time with Dishonored right now. I'm just taking my time, exploring the world, and doing a ghost run. No Clean hands because I want to kill these targets.

I'm currently on the kidnapping Sokolov mission.

Game is really optimized as well. I'm v-sync'd at a constant 60, that never dips, and I'm using 40-50% GPU (560 ti).

Kifimbo

Now in alphabetical order. With more games (more to come). And now I need two posts because of all the links.

Games of July 2013

07/29/2013 - CastleStorm - Tower Defense - Zen Studios/Zen Studios - $9.99
07/29/2013 - Skulls of the Shogun - Turn-based strategy - 17-BIT/17-BIT - $14.99
07/30/2013 - Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny - RPG - UIG Entertainment/Crafty Studios - $19.99
07/30/2013 - Cannon Brawl - Action/Strategy - Turtle Sandbox/Turtle Sandbox - $9.99 (2-Pack for $14.99)
07/31/2013 - Rise of the Triad - FPS - Apogee/Interceptor Entertainment - $14.99
07/31/2013 - Narco Terror - Twin-Stick shooter - Deep Silver/Rubicon Organization - $9.99 (2-Pack for 14.99$)

Games of August 2013

08/01/2013 - Take On Mars - Simulation - Bohemia Interactive/Bohemia Interactive - $12.99
08/02/2013 - Cloudberry Kingdom - Platformer - Ubisoft/Pwnee Studios - $9.99

08/06/2013 - Divinity: Dragon Commander - SRPG - Larian Studios/Larian Studios - $39.99 (4-Pack for $119.99)
08/06/2013 - Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians - Music/Action/Adventure - Threaks - $XX.XX
08/08/2013 - Spelunky - Platformer - Microsoft/Mossmouth - $XX.XX
uO5LKg2.jpg
DGaGzkv.jpg

08/08/2013 - Guacamelee! Gold Edition - Platformer - Drinkbox/Drinkbox - $14.99
uO5LKg2.jpg

08/08/2013 - Papers, Please - Simulation - Lucas Pope/Lucas Pope - $9.99
DGaGzkv.jpg

08/13/2013 - DuckTales Remastered - Platformer - Capcom/WayForward - $14.99
08/13/2013 - Europa Universalis IV - Strategy - Paradox Interactive/Paradox Development Studio - $39.99
08/15/2013 - Worms Clan Wars - Strategy - Team17/Team17 - $24.99
08/15/2013 - Space Hulk - Strategy - Full Control Studios/Full Control Studios - $29.99
08/15/2013 - Gone Home - Adventure - The Fullbright Company/The Fullbright Company - $19.99
uO5LKg2.jpg

08/16/2013 - PAYDAY 2 - FPS - 505 Games /Overkill Software - $29.99 (4-Pack for $89.99$)
08/18/2013 - Disney Infinity - Platformer/Sandbox - Disney/Avalanche Software - $XX.XX
08/20/2013 - Divekick - Fighting - Iron Galaxy Studios/Iron Galaxy Studios - $9.99
uO5LKg2.jpg

08/20/2013 - The Bureau: XCOM Declassified - Squad-based TPS - 2K Games/2K Marin - $44.99
08/20/2013 - Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Action/Stealth - Ubisoft/Ubisoft Toronto - $59.99
08/20/2013 - Saints Row IV - Open World Action - Deep Silver/Volition - $49.99 -
08/22/2013 - Neverwinter: Fury of the Feywild - F2P MMORPG - Perfect World/Cryptic Studios - $19.99
08/22/2013 - Skullgirls - Fighting - Marvelous/Lab Zero Games - $14.99 (2-Pack for $24.99, 4-Pack for $44.99)
08/26/2013 - PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate - Tower Defense - Double Eleven/Q-Games - $19.99 (2-Pack for $34.99)
08/27/2013 - Lost Planet 3 - TPS - Capcom/Spark Unlimited - $49.99
08/27/2013 - Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn - MMORPG - Square Enix/Square Enix - $29.99
08/27/2013 - Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Ultimate Edition - Action/Adventure - Konami/MercurySteam - $XX.XX
08/28/2013 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows - Action/Adventure - Activision/Red Fly Studios - $14.99
08/30/2013 - Rayman Legends - Platformer - Ubisoft/Ubisoft Montpellier - $XX.XX -
uO5LKg2.jpg

Games of September 2013

09/03/2013 - Total War: Rome II - Strategy - SEGA/Creative Assembly - $59.95
09/04/2013 - Outlast - Survival horror - Red Barrels/Red Barrels - $19.99
uO5LKg2.jpg

09/10/2013 - Young Justice: Legacy - Action/RPG - Warner Bros./Little Orbit - $XX.XX
09/10/2013 - Escape Goat 2 - Platformer/Puzzle - MagicalTimeBean/MagicalTimeBean - $9.99
09/17/2013 - MechWarrior Online - Mech Action - Infinite Game Publishing/Piranha Games - F2P
09/24/2013 - Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure - Platformer/Puzzle - Warner Bros./5th Cell - $XX.XX
uO5LKg2.jpg

09/24/2013 - Rambo: The Video Game - FPS - Reef Entertainment/Teyon - $XX.XX
09/24/2013 - FIFA 14 - Sports - Electronic Arts/EA Canada - $39.99
09/27/2013 - Alien Rage - FPS - City Interactive/City Interactive - $XX.XX
09/27/2013 - Deadfall Adventures - FPS - Nordic Games/Farm 51 - $XX.XX
09/27/2013 - Rise of Venice - Simulation - Kalypso/Gaming Minds - $XX.XX

Games of October 2013

10/01/2013 - NBA 2K14 - Sports - 2K Games/Visual Concepts - $XX.XX
uO5LKg2.jpg

10/03/2013 - F1 2013 - Racing - Codemasters/Codemasters - $XX.XX
10/22/2013 - Rocksmith 2014 - Music - Ubisoft/Ubisoft San Francisco - $59.99
10/24/2013 - Raven's Cry - RPG - TopWare Interactive/Octane Games - $XX.XX
10/25/2013 - Batman: Arkham Origins - Action/Adventure - Warner Bros./Warner Bros. Games Montreal - $XX.XX
10/29/2013 - Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures - Platformer - Namco Bandai/Namco Bandai - $XX.XX
10/29/2013 - Battlefield 4 - FPS - Electronic Arts/Digital Illusions CE (DICE) - $XX.XX
10/29/2013 - Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - Open World Action - Ubisoft/Ubisoft Montreal - $XX.XX

Games of November 2013

11/05/2013 - Call of Duty: Ghosts - FPS - Activision/Infinity Ward - $59.99
11/19/2013 - Need for Speed Rivals - Racing - Electronic Arts/Ghost Games - $49.99
11/19/2013 - Watch_Dogs - Open World Action - Ubisoft/Ubisoft Montreal - $XX.XX

Games of 2013

2013 - ArmA III - Tactical - FPS - Bohemia Interactive/Bohemia Interactive - $XX.XX
DGaGzkv.jpg

2013 - Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse - Platformer - SEGA/SEGA Studios Australia - $XX.XX
uO5LKg2.jpg

2013 - Chaos Chronicles - RPG - bitComposer Games/Coreplay - $XX.XX ***POSSIBLY CANCELLED***
2013 - Contagion - FPS- Monochrome Games/Monochrome Games - $XX.XX
2013 - DayZ - Open World Survival Horror - Bohemia Interactive/Bohemia Interactive - $XX.XX
uO5LKg2.jpg

2013 - Electronic Super Joy - Platformer - Michael Todd Games/Michael Todd Games $4.99
uO5LKg2.jpg

2013 - Horizon - Turn-based strategy - Iceberg Interactive/L3O Interactive - $XX.XX
2013 - Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime - Platformer- Asteroid Base/Asteroid Base - $XX.XX
uO5LKg2.jpg

2013 - Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Full Burst - Fighting - Namco Bandai/CyberConnect2 - $XX.XX
2013 - Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+ - Action - Namco Bandai Games/Namco Bandai Games - $XX.XX
uO5LKg2.jpg

2013 - Pac-Man Museum - Action- Namco Bandai Games/Namco Bandai Games - $XX.XX
uO5LKg2.jpg

2013 - South Park: The Stick of Truth - RPG - Ubisoft/Obsidian Entertainment - $XX.XX
2013 - Tactical Intervention - FPS - FIX Korea/FIX Korea - $XX.XX
uO5LKg2.jpg

2013 - Tetrobot and Co. - Puzzle - Swing Swing Submarine/Swing Swing Submarine - $XX.XX
2013 - The Banner Saga - SRPG- Stoic Games/Stoic Games - $XX.XX
uO5LKg2.jpg

2013 - Wasteland 2 - RPG - inXile Entertainment/inXile Entertainment - $XX.XX
uO5LKg2.jpg

2013 - Carmageddon: Reincarnation - Vehicular combat - Stainless Games - $XX.XX
DGaGzkv.jpg

2013 - Divinity: Original Sin - RPG- Larian Studios/Larian Studios - $XX.XX
DGaGzkv.jpg

2013 - Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I Don't Know! - Action/Adventure - D3Publisher/WayForward - $XX.XX
2013 - America's Army: Proving Ground - FPS/Simulation - U.S. Army/U.S. Army - $XX.XX
2013 - Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs - Survival horror - Frictional Games/thechineseroom - $XX.XX
2013 - Among the Sleep - Survival horror - Krillbite Studio/Krillbite Studio - $XX.XX
2013 - Another Castle - Platformer- Uncade/Uncade - $XX.XX
2013 - Assault Android Cactus - Twin-stick shooter - Witch Beam Games/Witch Beam Games - $XX.XX
2013 - Axiom Verge - Action - Thomas Happ/Thomas Happ - $XX.XX
2013 - Blackguards - Turn-based RPG - Daedalic/Daedalic - $XX.XX
2013 - Bound by Flame - Action/RPG - Focus Home/Spiders - $XX.XX
2013 - Contrast - Platformer/Puzzle - Focus Home/Compulsion Games - $XX.XX
2013 - Goodbye Deponia - Adventure - Daedalic/Daedalic - $XX.XX
2013 - How to Survive - Survival/Action - 505 Games/EKO Studios - $XX.XX
2013 - IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad - Flight Simulation - 1C Company/777 Studios - $49.99
2013 - Infinite Crisis - F2P MOBA - Warner Bros./Turbine - F2P
2013 - LEGO Legends of Chima Online - MMORPG- Warner Bros/Warner Bros. Games Montreal - F2P
2013 - LEGO Marvel Super Heroes - Action/Adventure - Warner Bros./TT Games - $XX.XX
2013 - Lost Orbit - Space exploration - PixelNAUTS/PixelNAUTS - $XX.XX
2013 - Mech Mice - Strategy - Hyper Hippo Productions/Hyper Hippo Productions - $XX.XX
2013 - Memoria - Adventure - Deep Silver/Daedalic - $XX.XX
2013 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Action - Konami/PlatinumGames - $XX.XX
2013 - Might and Magic X Legacy - RPG - Ubisoft/Limbic Entertainment - $XX.XX
2013 - Mistborn: Birthright - Action/RPG - Little Orbit/Little Orbit - $XX.XX
2013 - Monochroma - Platformer - Nowhere Studios/Nowhere Studios - $XX.XX
2013 - Nuclear Union - RPG- 1C Company/Best Way - $XX.XX
2013 - Octodad: Dadliest Catch - Adventure - Young Horses/Young Horses - $XX.XX
2013 - Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty - Platformer- Oddworld Inhabitants/Just Add Water - $XX.XX
2013 - Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 - Sports - Konami/Konami - $XX.XX
2013 - Ridge Racer Driftopia - Racing - Namco Bandai/Bugbear Entertainment - F2P
2013 - Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments - Adventure - Focus Home/Frogwares - $XX.XX
2013 - Soulfinity - Action/Puzzle - Dojo Arcade/Dojo Arcade - $XX.XX
2013 - State of Decay - Survival horror- Microsoft/Undead Labs - $XX.XX
2013 - Takedown: Red Sabre - Tactical FPS - 505 Games/Serellan - $XX.XX
2013 - The Lord of the Rings Online: Helm's Deep - MMORPG - Warner Bros./Turbine - $XX.XX
2013 - The Novelist - Puzzle - Orthogonal Games/Orthogonal Games - $14.99
2013 - The Sims 3: Into the Future - Simulation - Electronic Arts/The Sims Studio - $XX.XX
2013 - The Vanishing of Ethan Carter - Adventure - The Astronauts/The Astronauts - $XX.XX
2013 - The Wolf Among Us - Adventure - Telltale Games/Telltale Games - $XX.XX
2013 - Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar - 2P RPG - Electronic Arts/Mythic Entertainment - $XX.XX
2013 - Warface - FPS - Crytek/Crytek - F2P
2013 - WildStar - MMORPG- NCsoft- Carbine Studios - $XX.XX

Games of Q1 2014

Q1 2014 - Broken Age Part 1 - Adventure - Double Fine/Double Fine - $XX.XX
uO5LKg2.jpg

Q1 2014 - Murdered: Soul Suspect - Action/Adventure - Square Enix/Airtight - $XX.XX
Q1 2014 - Dark Souls II - RPG - Namco Bandai/FROM Software - Dark Souls - $XX.XX
Q1 2014 - Daylight - Survival horror - Atlus/Zombie Studios - $XX.XX
Q1 2014 - The Crew - Racing - Ubisoft/Ivory Tower - $XX.XX
Q1 2014 - Ultra Street Fighter IV - Fighting - Capcom/Capcom - $XX.XX

Games of Q2 2014

Q2 2014 - Project Eternity - RPG - Obsidian Entertainment/Obsidian Entertainment - $XX.XX
uO5LKg2.jpg

Games of Q4 2014

Q4 2014 - Dreamfall Chapters - Adventure - Red Thread Games/Red Thread Games - $XX.XX
Q4 2014 - Massive Chalice - Tactical RPG - Double Fine/Double Fine - $XX.XX

Games of 2014

2014 - Dying Light - Survival horror - Warner Bros./Techland - $XX.XX -

2014 - Age of Wonders III - Turn-based strategy/Triumph Studios - $XX.XX
2014 - Dragon Age: Inquisition - RPG - Electronic Arts/BioWare - $XX.XX
2014 - Homefront 2 - FPS - Crytek/Crytek - $XX.XX
2014 - Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number - Action - Devolver Digital/Dennaton Games - $XX.XX
2014 - Incognita - Turn-based strategy - Klei Entertainment/Klei Entertainment - $XX.XX
2014 - Lords of the Fallen - RPG - City Interactive/Deck 13 - $XX.XX
2014 - Mad Max - TPS - Warner Bros./Avalanche Studios - $XX.XX
2014 - Serious Sam 4 - FPS - Croteam/Croteam - $XX.XX
2014 - Star Citizen - Simulation - Cloud Imperium Games/Cloud Imperium Games - $XX.XX
2014 - StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void - Real-time strategy - Activision/Blizzard Entertainment - $XX.XX
2014 - Survarium - MMOFPS - Vostok Games/Vostok Games - $XX.XX
2014 - The Dark Eye: Demonicon - RPG - Kalypso/Noumena Studios - $XX.XX
2014 - The Elder Scrolls Online - MMORPG - Bethesda /ZeniMax Online - $XX.XX
2014 - The Evil Within - Survival horror - Bethesda/Tango Gameworks - $XX.XX
2014 - The Sims 4 - Simulation - Electronic Arts/The Sims Studio - $XX.XX
2014 - The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - RPG - CD Projekt RED/CD Projekt RED - $XX.XX
2014 - Thief - Action/Stealth - Square Enix - Eidos Montreal - $XX.XX
2014 - Titanfall - FPS - Electronic Arts/Respawn Entertainment - $XX.XX
2014 - Transistor - Turn-based strategy - Supergiant Games/Supergiant Games - $XX.XX
2014 - Wolfenstein: The New Order - FPS- Bethesda/Machinegames - $XX.XX

Games of 2015

2015 - Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade - MMORPG - Behaviour Interactive/Behaviour Interactive - $XX.XX

Kifimbo

Part 2:

To Be Announced

TBA - Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut - Horror - Rising Star/Access Games - $XX.XX
uO5LKg2.jpg

TBA - At The Gates - Simulation - Jon Shafer/Jon Shafer - $XX.XX
TBA - Black Gold - MMO - Snail Games/Snail Games - $XX.XX
TBA - C-Wars - RPG - Onipunks/Onipunks - $XX.XX
TBA - Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 - Action/Adventure - Konami/MercurySteam - $XX.XX
TBA - Clockwork Empires - Strategy/Simulation - Gaslamp Games/Gaslamp Games - $XX.XX
TBA - Command & Conquer - Real-time strategy - Electronic Arts - Victory Games - F2P
TBA - Cosmic Star Heroine - RPG - Zeboyd Games/Zeboyd Games - $XX.XX
TBA - Cyberpunk 2077 - RPG - CD Projekt RED/CD Projekt RED - $XX.XX
TBA - DOOM 4 - FPS - Bethesda/id Software - $XX.XX
TBA - Dungeon Defenders II - Tower Defense - Trendy Entertainment/Trendy Entertainment - $XX.XX
TBA - Eets: Munchies - Puzzle - Klei Entertainment/Klei Entertainment - $XX.XX
TBA - Ethan: Meteor Hunter - Platformer - Seaven Studio/Seaven Studio - $XX.XX
TBA - Factorio - Simulation - Nathan Adams/Nathan Adams - $XX.XX
TBA - Kingdom Under Fire II - RTS/RPG - Blueside/Blueside - $XX.XX
TBA - MAKE - Simulation - Verge Game Studios/Verge Game Studios - $XX.XX
TBA - MechWarrior Tactics - F2P Turn-based strategy - Infinite Game Publishing/Roadhouse Interactive - F2P
TBA - Particulars - Action/Puzzle - SeeThrough Studios/SeeThrough Studios - $XX.XX
TBA - Phantasy Star Online 2 - F2P MMORPG - SEGA/Sonic Team - F2P
TBA - Poöf vs the Cursed Kitty! - Platformer - Neko Entertainment/Arkedo Studio - $XX.XX
TBA - Road Not Taken - Puzzle - Spry Fox/Spry Fox - $XX.XX
TBA - Salem - MMO - Seatribe/Seatribe - $XX.XX
TBA - Secret Ponchos - Online Combat - Switchblade Monkeys/Switchblade Monkeys - $XX.XX
TBA - Shu - Platformer - Secret Lunch/Secret Lunch - $XX.XX
TBA - Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe - Action - Agharta Studio/Agharta Studio - $XX.XX
TBA - Sins of a Dark Age - MOBA - Infinite Game Publishing/Ironclad Games - $XX.XX
TBA - SpyParty - Strategy/Espionage - Chris Hecker/Chris Hecker - $XX.XX
TBA - Stardew Valley - RPG - ConcernedApe/ConcernedApe - $XX.XX
TBA - Tengami - Adventure - Nyamyam/Nyamyam - $XX.XX
TBA - The Adventures of Dash - Platformer - Robotoki/Robotoki - $XX.XX
TBA - Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Patriots - Tactical FPS - Ubisoft/Ubisoft Montreal - $XX.XX
TBA - Tridek: Creatures of Galena - Card - Dreamfab/Dreamfab - $XX.XX
TBA - Where is my Heart? - Platformer - Die Gute Fabrik/Die Gute Fabrik - $XX.XX
TBA - Wolfdozer - Action - Anomalous Interactive/Anomalous Interactive - $XX.XX
TBA - World of Warships - MMO - Wargaming/Wargaming - $XX.XX
TBA - Zombeer - FPS - Moonbite Games/Moonbite Games - $XX.XX

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I don't think EA and Ubisoft are "fighting a war", both companies know that they probably can't overcome Steam at this point; but keeping their own store online is probably still more profitable than just having nothing.

I disagree about Desura too, I think it's a platform that really has a lot of potential and I'm excited about it having been bought by Linden Labs. It's different enough from Steam to exist, it can be a platform that's focused on a more specific kind of games while also being much more open to those games than Steam is, and it isn't riddled with useless corporate semi-social bullshit like Origin or UPlay.

I've seen several devs complain that Desura sales are reaaaaallly low, almost to the point of being useless (like not even being able to reach the $500 or whatever you need to pull your profits out). And not just crap devs, either. Here's hoping it changes into something more useful with the buyout, but I'm not holding my breath.

Turfster

I was actually a little bit addicted to Dishonored when it was released. But I regret pre-ordering it due to the fast price drop.

I don't regret buying it day one. I've had like, 40 hours of fun out of it already, and I can see myself coming back for more. I'll certainly play the next story DLC, and I'll probably redo the main game after that... and ghost it again, since I can't bring myself to kill people in a stealth game. I have other games for killing dudes, not many games let me explore the tenseness of actual stealth gameplay.

fantomena

I've seen several devs complain that Desura sales are reaaaaallly low, almost to the point of being useless (like not even being able to reach the $500 or whatever you need to pull your profits out). And not just crap devs, either. Here's hoping it changes into something more useful with the buyout, but I'm not holding my breath.

Yeah. I don't remember which indie game it was, but it was a popular and critically acclaimed one. The devs published an image on their blog with sale stats and the game sold thousands of units on Steam according to the graph, but about 40 (!) or something like that on Desura.

Turfster

Yeah. I don't remember which indie game it was, but it was a popular and critically acclaimed one. The devs published an image on their blog with sale stats and the game sould thousands on Steam according to the graph, but about 40 (!) or something like that on Desura.

My problem with Desura is that I cannot actually download anything off it (keeps saying their ftps are empty when it tries to validate even the free stuff they offer, on 5 different systems), so I'm not going to give them any money either...

fantomena

I had no idea that Guacamelee, Spelunky and Papers Please were all coming out on the same day. That's pretty cruel, making me choose.

I might be getting Spelunky and Papers Please. Already have Guacamelee on my Vita, so I might get in on a sale. Loved the demo of Papers Please.

Btw, what kind of game is actually Spelunky?

Meizzner

I might be getting Spelunky and Papers Please. Already have Guacamelee on my Vita, so I might get in on a sale. Loved the demo of Papers Please.

Btw, what kind of game is actually Spelunky?

you can download the classic spelunky for free from their website.

Gbraga

Duck Tales is still expensive in Brazil. Fix this shit Santa Monica!

Btw, if anyone's interested in The Bureau, Nuuvem has it for around $30.

Does anyone know what time the Elder Scrolls games will go on sale tomorrow? I'm out of the house and won't have internet access for most of the day. Want to see if I can catch it before I leave.

Obviously people might not know an exact time but does Steam usually update sales at a certain time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom