• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pre-ordered it through Dunder a while ago but I'm not sure if I'll be playing it come release day. I'd intended to play through the game with a mate, who's a big God of War fan, but he recently got a FIFO job and won't be back for four weeks.

that's cute

Heads up: Crusader Kings II is supposed to be 75% off at Gamestop Now (formerly Impulse--man, does anyone even remember Impulse anymore?), but somehow that translates into $4.99, NOT $9.99 as you'd expect. Activates on Steam. GO GO GO

picked it up. thanks! Now to get the DLC through summer seal!

Dolor

Love God of War so LoS is probably perfect as a God of War on PC.

What is the closest analogue to GoW on PCs? Is it going to be Castlevania? I had heard at one point that Darksiders was pretty close, and I really enjoyed those. Just curious to see if there is anything I might have missed.

fantomena

Coult not handle myself, so I bought Ducktales from Amazon. The love I have for Donald Ducks universe is extreme.

What is the closest analogue to GoW on PCs? Is it going to be Castlevania? I had heard at one point that Darksiders was pretty close, and I really enjoyed those. Just curious to see if there is anything I might have missed.

Darksiders was not close, it had the same gameplay concept, but Castlevania: LoS is closer to the GoW gameplay.

Gbraga

Lords of Shadow is waaay closer than Darksiders.

Darksiders is actually a lot more like DMC, specially the second game with tragic's beautiful combat.

I cheat with achievements due to I don't give a shit about them. I hate seeing that I have not 100% completed a game because of achievements in the game tab in the library, so I just use SAM to get the last.

I don't see the problem with it since I don't care about them. Also, as far as i know, it won't hurt other players.

Mr. fantomena, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Milamber

Now that Saints Row 4 reviews are out, amazing game, I have to now check for good prices online that are hopefully lower than Nuuvem.

Why? Many people are using it. And who cares anyway?

I care. I like achievements. I know people don't care about my achievements, but I care if I've earned a rare achievement. If everyone is cheating their way through all achievements, the rarity of them is irrelevant.

A report won't get you a VAC-ban, you just won't be able to earn any achievements (if there are enough people reporting) - just like you wanted, since you "don't care" about them.

Where is fantomena's steam profile? I cant find it. I get no user found all the time

http://steamcommunity.com/id/benjasfromfauske

fantomena

I care. I like achievements. I know people don't care about my achievements, but I care if I've earned a rare achievement. If everyone is cheating their way through all achievements, the rarity of them is irrelevant.

A report won't get you a VAC-ban, you just won't be able to get any achievements (if there are enough people reporting) - just like you wanted, since you "don't care" about them.

Ah, I understand, sorry, did not know you care about achievements. But can people see my achievements stat since I have my profile as private?

Whools

Steam achievements feel more inconsequential than trophies or Xbox achievements. I'm correct in saying they don't contribute to your steam level right? seems like more effort than it's worth to cheat for them

Ifrit

You get booster packs at randomtimes right? Asuming you are eligible of course by getting all the drop card from a game

Grief.exe

Ah, I understand, sorry, did not know you care about achievements. But can people see my achievements stat since I have my profile as private?

Literally everything you have said up to this point makes zero sense to me.

You don't care about achievements, but you cheat to get them anyways.
You cheat to get achievements, but your profile is private so no one can see them.

Ah, I understand, sorry, did not know you care about achievements. But can people see my achievements stat since I have my profile as private.

No, but Steam tracks all the achievements (incl. private profiles) and you'll see how "well" you've done compared to others. This is completely nonsense to some and important to others.

3tkDDju.jpg

edit: I'm all for cheating for your own purpose, but if it affects other players it's a completely different matter.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Steam achievements feel more inconsequential than trophies or Xbox achievements. I'm correct in saying they don't contribute to your steam level right? seems like more effort than it's worth to cheat for them

That's a bingo. They're only of any use if you have the achievement showcase adorning your profile.

JaseC

You get booster packs at randomtimes right? Asuming you are eligible of course by getting all the drop card from a game

Correct. Valve says that booster packs being distributed is dependent upon people crafting badges, but I think this is just a white lie designed to encourage trading/purchasing.

Grief.exe

That's a bingo. They're only of any use if you have the achievement showcase adorning your profile.

Now that the Achievement Showcase is live, I'm motivated to go after the harder achievements.

Previously, I had a hard time justifying the time commitment because most people wouldn't check.

JaseC

Now that the Achievement Showcase is live, I'm motivated to go after the harder achievements.

Previously, I had a hard time justifying the time commitment because most people wouldn't check.

I don't mind chasing achievements if I'm having fun with the game and they're loosely tied to what I'm doing, otherwise they're utterly inconsequential to me.

fantomena

Literally everything you have said up to this point makes zero sense to me.

You don't care about achievements, but you cheat to get them anyways.
You cheat to get achievements, but your profile is private so no one can see them.

Yeah I know, I was not thinking clear. It's just all about this completing madness. When I finish I game I want it to be finished, not having some kind of shitty achievement stats saying "22% completed" when I did finish the game.

Achievements fucked up gaming for me.

Deques

Yeah I know, I was not thinking clear. It's just all about this completeing madness. When I finish I game I want it to be finished, not having some kind of shitty achiievement stats saying "22% completed" when I did finish the game.

Achievements fucked up gaming for me.

You do know that some games have a lot more stuff to do even after unlocking all achievements?

scokem

Neo Member

I wouldn't say I'll go out of my way to get them as I don't care much for achievements but it was nice to see those comparison stats when I enabled the showcase on my profile - my rarest ones seem to just highlight the amount of time I've sank into each of the games in question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom