• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
iEu7MqAAEpGPs.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
No. Steam games have the Steam logo (it needs to be official, several games are likely coming to Steam but they don't have a Steam logo...yet).

Historically, the only EAP games to not make it to Steam are Hellgate: London (which died a messy death), Syndicate (which is an EA-owned IP) and Crysis 3 (which, like Crysis 2 before it, will probably come later as a "Maximum Edition" or equivalent), so odds are good that Titanfall will come to Steam, plus Respawn didn't deny the possibility when asked about it. That said, we are in uncharted territory somewhat: this is the first EAP game EA has thrown its weight behind.

Turfster

Yeah, some people can't see the future to know that someone else is pasting a gigantic list into multiple posts at the same time they are writing theirs. The nerve!

Except that he'd announced he'd do it and asked for the first replies to be for the list.

PriitV said:
What should I play: Far Cry 3, Bioshock Infinite, The Witcher 2 or the 2013 Tomb Raider?
Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite are 'short' but good. The Witcher 2 can take much longer. Haven't played Far Cry 3. Depending on what you're in the mood for, I'd go with either Tomb Raider or Witcher.

fantomena

Something is wrong with Payday 2 on my Steam account. Everything else downloads fine it seems, but payday 2 drops from about 3,8 MB/s to 0 after seconds.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Be careful with the thread title. It's all fun and games til someone calls that number and gets a phone sex line.

Don't believe me?

“What happened was, they put some phone numbers in the game and then they thought they could just change the area code to 555, then it’s invalid because it’s what they do in movies,” The Last of Us creative director Neil Druckmann tells Kotaku. ”But I guess that doesn’t work when you have a 1-800 in front of it.”

What should I play: Far Cry 3, Bioshock Infinite, The Witcher 2 or the 2013 Tomb Raider?

Out of those I enjoyed Far Cry 3 the most overall. Great graphics, great combat and exploration, unique story and characters. Bioshock Infinite is good looking and creative but kind of meh because it doesn't live up to its potential. Tomb Raider is the very definition of Summer Blockbuster Movie - The Game, I enjoyed it but it's not going to blow your mind. It's also kind of disturbingly sadistic and voyeuristic.

Haven't played Witcher 2.

Lain

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rayman Origins -- MB-B6FEAFB9F878A7E3

Came with Rayman Legends, but I already have it (and still have to play it lol).

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
What's the most Steam threads we've had in a year?

I think we've already surpassed it this year.

If I had to guess, I'd say the previous record was 4. It definitely speaks to how the quality of posts has taken a fucking nosedive Steam has grown.

scokem

Neo Member
Great title Grief! I'm going to be putting a giveaway together over the next few hours if my evening goes to plan but I guess I'll have to leave the NOLURKERS rule off seeing as only a few of you *cough* JaseC, Salsa and Grief *cough* have a chance of getting to over 5 posts in that short time :p

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Great title Grief! I'm going to be putting a giveaway together over the next few hours if my evening goes to plan but I guess I'll have to leave the NOLURKERS rule off seeing as only a few of you *cough* JaseC, Salsa and Grief *cough* have a chance of getting to over 5 posts in that short time :p

It uses the previous thread as well

Grief.exe

Be careful with the thread title. It's all fun and games til someone calls that number and gets a phone sex line.

Don't believe me?

“What happened was, they put some phone numbers in the game and then they thought they could just change the area code to 555, then it’s invalid because it’s what they do in movies,” The Last of Us creative director Neil Druckmann tells Kotaku. ”But I guess that doesn’t work when you have a 1-800 in front of it.”

I think there would be too many numbers to work.

Doesn't a number predicate on only having four numbers at the end? READOP is six.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So are you saying someone should call it to make sure it isn't an actual number?

If not for that reason, perhaps for science.

I'm genuinely curious but at work so cannot call. Though to be fair, it does say "For a good time..."

I think there would be too many numbers to work.

Doesn't a number predicate on only having four numbers at the end? READOP is six.

Yes but it will take the first four numbers. So it would be 1-800-555-7323.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I don't know when they did it but I just noticed that Capcom "corrected" the Brazilian price for Ducktales, it was R$39.99 during release and for a few days, now it's R$29.99 ($17.30 and $13, respectively). Didn't even wishlist it as to not encourage the previous price in any way, glad they changed it.

It uses the previous thread as well

The last few posts have shown that people don't understand the wording of the NOLURKERS rule. Xelios reworded it as

"You need six or more posts in either the current thread or the previous one to be eligible."

which is easier to understand if you're not used to thinking with logical negation.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Merry Saoirsemas!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 20 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

XCOM Apocalypse -- MB-D9D2BD6B383A4BE5
Civilization IV -- MB-9FBB597A9EF713A4 - Taken by Terra_Ex
Company of Heroes Opposing Fronts -- MB-7CAAFAD66E84C1B5
Company of Heroes -- MB-9411BC142BEFCC3B
XCOM Enemy Unknown -- MB-0CD5DB60AE5D8513
Spec Ops The Line -- MB-FF123FCB69A46DF4 - Taken by 73V3N
Mystery Game #1 -- MB-D9F1B5D7AF978645
Multiwinia -- MB-AF161AB7F7F77276
XCOM UFO Defense -- MB-E4853D3881F812F8
DEFCON -- MB-C3637ECEDEEB18B5
XCOM Interceptor -- MB-931BACD0A2667571
Darwinia -- MB-8DEEB2864F890494
Gemini Wars -- MB-B3753E2844DDB622
XCOM Terror from the Deep -- MB-56D5A984F3AE010B
Company of Heroes Tales of Valor -- MB-66D59A703D10D271
Achron -- MB-160C7A036D24BCE3
XCOM Enforcer -- MB-0D12A25EC372CF5D
Uplink -- MB-BAADE6DDC9A0C43B
Magicka -- MB-0BED0C75A9B6E93B
Poker Night at the Inventory -- MB-7523A182134E49D9

Whoever snags Enemy Unknown can PM me for some DLC, too.

Edit: I'm not sure why one of the games is listed as a Mystery Game. Sorry about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom