• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Fuck I missed anno. Oh well summer sale it is for it.

It best be 75% off by then, though I have my doubts.

Edit: And I wish Ubi would patch up the Steam version of Anno 1404 so it'd be available for purchase once more. I almost can't believe the stubbornness.

Well looks like Ubisoft is having a sale and I'm at home just in time, so look out for Dunder's store and buy Anno 2070 and Rayman Origin cheap.

Anno 2070: $7.5 / $10 - Standard / Deluxe

Crap, I need Capsule to download Dustforce? Should I be afraid?

If the game is light and not too heavy on the MB count, no. If you did like me and bought something like L.A. Noire, you are in for a rough ride. :p

Also, Steam offers up.

Rayman Origins. I KNEW IT! But 66% off. This will never be 75% off, right? Y U DO THIS UBISOFT! Let me be cheapass!

JaseC

Well looks like Ubisoft is having a sale and I'm at home just in time, so look out for Dunder's store and buy Anno 2070 and Rayman Origin cheap.

Rayman Origin: $7.5

I really shouldn't since I'm poor for the next ~four weeks, but I'll bite on Anno Deluxe.

dani_dc

If the game is light and not too heavy on the MB count, no. If you did like me and bought something like L.A. Noire, you are in for a rough ride. :p

Also, Steam offers up.

Rayman Origins. I KNEW IT! But 66% off. This will never be 75% off, right? Y U DO THIS UBISOFT! Let me be cheapass!

It's 66% off but the price was lowered to half (from 30 to 15) since last sale.
I bought the game at 66% off during the Christmas sale and paid around 10 euros if I recall, the game currently costs 5 euros, which should be the cheapest it has been so far.

Salsa

I made $10 selling xcom TF2 items yesterday that I didn't know I had so I'm willing to bite on I am Alive if it's worth it. So...is it? I heard it was really short.

How is I Am Alive? And is there any way to get rid of that greyscale look it has?

I still havent finished it, but honestly I think it's pretty great

im pretty sure some people dislike it is because the original reveal trailer showed it to be a much more ambitious, open game.

it's pretty straight forward, but you'll be doing some stuff that you dont get to do in a lot of other games. Being careful with ammo, scaring enemies by pointing guns at them even if they arent loaded, etc. Some of the stuff that The Last of Us seems to do on the side actually (not comparable in any way but you get what I mean).

It's fun for what it is, definetly worth it at that price IMO.

Salsa

some of my own I Am Alive screens to give an idea on gameplay

jenc5EUDRd51L.jpg

jbvsew7b4ut6D2.jpg

jQx8EtjNzaBmn.jpg

jcYa926DvQJzr.jpg

jbcjr0BxXf1w68.jpg

jq9KDwy2B2jgG.jpg

jbdTZFCBAxcw35.jpg

jpSVazVpMO1pQ.jpg

ShaneB

Rayman Origin: $7.5

What the? I'll buy Anno for 7.50. Are you selling multiple copies I mean? If someone else wants it to play right away, they can have it.

Nabs

I Am Alive is great, but I wouldn't recommend anything to Derrick.

Salsa: Finish the game dude, you're probably 10 minutes from the credits.

Salsa

I can't see the gameplay in those screens.

oh you

emphasis on stamina bar, lots of climbing, barely any ammo on the weapons, first person aiming

that's the sort of thing I meant

What's with the bar?

you get that bar when you're running/climbing. When you're climbing it doesnt stop draining unless you stop climbing or use an item that's sort of sticks a thing in the wall and lets you rest. It can get a bit tricky to manage

yeah I really should

It's 66% off but the price was lowered to half (from 30 to 15) since last sale.
I bought the game at 66% off during the Christmas sale and paid around 10 euros if I recall, the game currently costs 5 euros, which should be the cheapest it has been so far.

That's an interesting bit of info! Thanks. Guess I'll budge and just get it, heh.

JaseC

oyou get that bar when you're running/climbing. When you're climbing it doesnt stop draining unless you stop climbing or use an item that's sort of sticks a thing in the wall and lets you rest. It can get a bit tricky to manage

What happens if the bar runs out when you're running? Do you collapse and die?

Nabs

Some Hotline Miami stuff from their twitter:

Hotline Miami has sold over 300,000 copies on PC.

Seems like the Mac version of Hotline Miami will finally launch next week on Steam and GOG!

JaseC

Seems like the Mac version of Hotline Miami will finally launch next week on Steam and GOG!

Even assuming all those were sold at $5, that's a tidy ~$1.05m.

Salsa

What happens if the bar runs out when you're running? Do you collapse and die?

you walk, I think

it's only an issue when you're climbing

or I guess if you're trying to run away or something

dude we both know you're gonna buy it why are you asking :b

Derrick01

Banned

Why not? I like games. Just don't recommend me some stupid person's shooter like Tomb Raider and I'll take almost anything else into consideration.

Salsa

that seems.. disappointing?

I expected more tbh. It's probably one of the most talked about games from 2012, at least indie-wise.

Why not? I like games. Just don't recommend me some stupid person's shooter like Tomb Raider and I'll take almost anything else into consideration.

again: it's pretty straight forward. I cant remember if they straight up put an arrow to where you wanna go but there's not THAT much exploration involved (there's some in some areas)

but yeah I mean for that price you'll probably give it more of a chance

JaseC

you walk, I think

it's only an issue when you're climbing

or I guess if you're trying to run away or something

Walk? Not hardcore enough!

dude we both know you're gonna buy it why are you asking :b

I've had it since release. ;) I bought DyslexicAlucard the erroneously-priced Blands 2 Season Pass and I Am Alive was the only similarly-priced title of note available at the time.

Derrick01

Banned
again: it's pretty straight forward. I cant remember if they straight up put an arrow to where you wanna go but there's not THAT much exploration involved (there's some in some areas)

but yeah I mean for that price you'll probably give it more of a chance

The scarce ammo is probably enough to get me to buy at that price. It helps that it's not really my money :p

I mean I know better than to expect something crazy deep with that game but it could still be interesting I suppose.

dani_dc

That's an interesting bit of info! Thanks. Guess I'll budge and just get it, heh.

Can't really go wrong for the current price, it's not an amazing game but it's fairly entertaining.
I checked the US price and while it was also cut, the cut wasn't as big as the European one ($10 dollars instead of 15 euros I believe), though before the game was priced as $1=1€ before, while now it seems to have a more appropriate conversion.

Salsa

The scarce ammo is probably enough to get me to buy at that price. It helps that it's not really my money :p

there's some sort of.. "enemy juggling" if you will that is kinda nice

having only one bullet and running into two guys for example. At first you start pointing at both and they both get their hands up (as long as you go back and forth between one and the other), but if you dont decide what to do quickly one starts to call bullshit on you and starts walking forward calling your bluff, that kinda thing

it's pretty fantastic the first couple times, then it gets a bit repetitive but its still tolerable

How the PC version of From Dust?

Dreadful. Mouse control sucks, locked at 30fps, Uplay

there's some fixes out there so it might be worth it if you look into those, not sure

Results may vary but when I bought it at release I had to hunt down a cracked .exe to run it. Friend who purchased it on a low end machine maybe 4 months ago couldn't run it at all.

Yeah, my experience with it at launch was pretty bad from what I remember. I'd have to look at the notes to see if they patched anything up.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
How the PC version of From Dust?

Really poor. 30FPS locked and a stuttery as hell engine, which can be unlocked but the physics are based on framerate so once you do the game becomes nearly unplayable because of all the fluids and sand flying everywhere. The gameplay is supremely shallow as well, there's zero sandbox to the gameplay until you beat it and even then it's not worth playing around in. Oh, and the mouse controls are mapped out to emulate a control stick which makes no goddamn sense. As far as I know, Ubi has never fixed any of this and the port has remained squandered.

My vote is pass.

Chronoja

So with the recent announcements (Civ expansion, SR4,...), is it safe to assume that the Halo Trilogy is coming to Steam?!

What do those recent announcements have to do with the probability of the halo trilogy coming to steam?

If you were talking about AoE2 and Microsoft forsaking GFWL, probability looks good.

xJavonta

Banned
I still havent finished it, but honestly I think it's pretty great

im pretty sure some people dislike it is because the original reveal trailer showed it to be a much more ambitious, open game.

it's pretty straight forward, but you'll be doing some stuff that you dont get to do in a lot of other games. Being careful with ammo, scaring enemies by pointing guns at them even if they arent loaded, etc. Some of the stuff that The Last of Us seems to do on the side actually (not comparable in any way but you get what I mean).

It's fun for what it is, definetly worth it at that price IMO.
Thanks salsa, sounds good so I'm glad I bought it. It's almost done downloading so once I get out if class I'll play it for a few minutes before leaving for work and offer my first impression.

I'd think twice and then not bother recommending the act of breathing to Derrick.
Hahaha oh you guys

And this is why lol :p you have a tast in games that is very different from the majority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom