• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeth

Think I'm gonna pick up F1 2012. I don't have a ton of racing game experience, but I've been really into Dirt 2/3 lately. Same devs? Also playing with controller, will I still get some enjoyment?

nexen

The Saints Row 2 port was handled by the CDProjekt, so, basically, where's your god now?

I don't know. I haven't seen him in a few years.

Think I'm gonna pick up F1 2012. I don't have a ton of racing game experience, but I've been really into Dirt 2/3 lately. Same devs? Also playing with controller, will I still get some enjoyment?

I adore Dirt 2 and really like Dirt 3. I like Forza and the earlier GT games as well.
But I couldn't get into F1 2010 at all. I'm not a big fan of F1 so the liveries and vehicles didn't do anything for me and the tracks are real-world so they felt bland. The sense of speed wasn't really great in F1 2010 either, maybe they improved that.

oh, and you could play F1 2010 well with a controller, I have no reason so suspect F1 2012 is any different.

Zeth

I'll give it a shot. I'm quickly becoming a big fan of racing games since I started my PC gaming journey. Will have to get a wheel at some point, I think. But still, having lots of fun. Dirt 3 is so good, someone made a thread about that recently; surprised how much I still enjoy playing it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Unless you're a European PS3 owner that is. Still can't believe how badly they fucked that up.

I'd really like to know what's happening with that. I can't imagine it's Valve fault considering the X360 and PC versions are both Euro-friendly.

Grief.exe

I'm playing the original bioshock for the first time and
atlas' family just got killed

I know I'm late on this but this game seems hardly as special as what everyone made it out to be. Cool atmosphere and all but the gameplay itself is pretty average.

Maybe it will impress me more later.

From what I have been reading, BioShock has not aged well at all. Your statements seem to be pretty much verbatim of everyone else.

I haven't played it again because I'm avoiding BioShock burnout, but I'm planning on doing a run sometime this year.

The Saints Row 2 port was handled by the CDProjekt, so, basically, where's your god now?

Mind blown

I'll ask one more time, anyone want to split a Don't Starve two pack?

$6

PM Deques

I'm having a lot of fun with Don't Starve, game is amazing.

Helmholtz

There is a rumor floating around that CS:GO might be going F2P in the future. The evidence surrounding it is really flimsy, so I'm hesitant to make a new thread.

1) Apparently one of the members of a competitive team talked to a member of the HLTV.org site and told him GO was converting to F2P. This is kinda dubious because anybody can say anything on the internet, but stranger things have happened.

2) A recent patch showed that Valve plans to sell tournament league passes and have item drops ala Dota 2.

CS:GO has, by all accounts, been a massive flop so far. Six months after release and after several sales, it still can't beat CS:S or even touch 1.6 in player counts. A F2P conversion doesn't sound all that crazy. The general consensus is that free players would only be able to play on pub servers and you could "buy" the game to participate in competitive matchmaking (and presumably cosmetics?)
Fine by me. The more players the better.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Expanding cosmetic changes to CS:GO is a very limited avenue, I think. Changes to player models are out of the question, but I suppose client-side weapon skins would work.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
*internet high-five*

I wonder if I could use moslo to get it to run at proper speed.
I hope so, then all you'll have left to do is run the setup program and set the proper sound port and IRQ.

Seriously, games this days are a pain in the ass to run. I hope one day we can get a piece of software that allows us to double click on a game in a list and automatically download and install it, without worrying about directories or manually configuring everything :p

nexen

I hope so, then all you'll have left to do is run the setup program and set the proper sound port and IRQ.

Seriously, games this days are a pain in the ass to run. I hope one day we can get a piece of software that allows us to double click on a game in a list and automatically download and install it, without worrying about directories or manually configuring everything :p

I'm downloading an 11gb Team Fortress 2 update on my 1200 baud modem right now. I hope I don't get disconnected or I'll have to start all over again. Damn BBS only supports xmodem!

Zeth

This voucher: GMG20-P4DLK-FKYRS
still appears to be working for an extra 20% off. Ends at 1700 GMT though, so I think you've only got about thirty more minutes to use it.

Pretty seriously considering Pid for $2.72.

Thanks for the heads up. Got BF3 Premium, They Bleed Pixels, and Dustforce for just over $30.

Tizoc

This voucher: GMG20-P4DLK-FKYRS
still appears to be working for an extra 20% off. Ends at 1700 GMT though, so I think you've only got about thirty more minutes to use it.

Pretty seriously considering Pid for $2.72.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU WHY DID I WAIT TIL NOW TO DO MY PURCHASES WITH LESS THAN 10 MINS. TO GO!

Tizoc

Well managed to make my purchases with a minute to spare >=3

Crap, I need Capsule to download Dustforce? Should I be afraid?

Nope.
Just install Capsule and then download and install Dustforce to play. You log into Capsule with your GMG account.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Wow 66% off Rayman. Should be 75% off for Summer Sale when I (hopefully) have money.

Derrick01

Banned
I made $10 selling xcom TF2 items yesterday that I didn't know I had so I'm willing to bite on I am Alive if it's worth it. So...is it? I heard it was really short.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom