• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I gave away five copies (well, IOUs) of Bad Rats: The Show back when the game was announced and to this day two haven't been accepted. And I know the winners received them because I PM'd everybody after the game released and I'd sent the gifts. Those poor, homeless rats. :(

I gave away five copies (well, IOUs) of Bad Rats: The Show back when the game was announced and to this day two copies haven't been accepted. And I know the winners received them because I PM'd everybody after the game released and I'd sent the gifts. Those poor homeless rats. :(

And compared to some of the digital homicide releases on steam, Bad Rats is a decent game.

Arthea

I got Linked some time from a giveaway

and I finished it today, that description doesn't lie, it's indeed very minimalistic and relaxing, also short about 2 hours while taking your time. Also easy 100%, no sweat at all.

Teggy

Ghost 1.0's boss is kicking my ass, but I CAN beat him. Problem is when your press the Roll button, L2, you roll towards where the cursor is instead of the direction your character is moving.
Need to take it slow against this fellow...

Do you mean the first boss? I found that boss surprisingly hard and wound up moving on to other games. :/

NeoRaider

I hope we hear something about Prey for the Gods soon. They said that it will be released this year, but no news for more than a half year i think. I am having high expectations for this game.

The new games have been added.
9zhmleS.png

I guess I'll keep hoarding coins.

meh

xist

I forgot a couple of days so my chain broke, but at the moment I'm at 3969 with a 26 day streak.

I'm guessing that there a probably a few of us around that level who missed out on the 5000 for Brigador. As soon as they put a more appealing game up it'll be snapped up by hoarders.

Werd

If anyone bought Halo Wars I'd be curious to know how many games are found when searching. It was only ever a handful on Windows Store PC and is 0 now. I don't like the idea of buying a game on the same platform I got it for four months ago in order to be able to find a game =\

Regardless hope it succeeds on Steam so if I eventually do triple dip there might still be some people on.

Endruen

I'm guessing that there a probably a few of us around that level who missed out on the 5000 for Brigador. As soon as they put a more appealing game up it'll be snapped up by hoarders.

I wasn't interested anyway. But when they eventually put a big game for 10k, I'll be there.

xezuru

Is anyone hyped for Prey?

Quick Impressions
+It's Arkane, it showed off very decent character buildability and tools, music seems great, and it seems right in line with quality you'd expect from them.

-Worried about performance after Dishonored 2, worried about enemy/scenario diversity, and when it comes to Arkane I vastly prefer vertical design and I'm not sure how much of that we'll get in an enclosed station.

6-7/10 hyperoonies
Still wished they showed a little bit more to convince me but spoilers shrug.

Ozium

Quick Impressions
+It's Arkane, it showed off very decent character buildability and tools, music seems great, and it seems right in line with quality you'd expect from them.

-Worried about performance after Dishonored 2, worried about enemy/scenario diversity, and when it comes to Arkane I vastly prefer vertical design and I'm not sure how much of that we'll get in an enclosed station.

6-7/10 hyperoonies
Still wished they showed a little bit more to convince me but spoilers shrug.

is it the same team as disho 2 tho?

Cautiously optimistic

yeah

Why would I be hyped for a game that's already out?
prey_gif_021_zpsaam8kk0v.gif

I don't know, why are you hyped for Dino Crisis to come to PC?

xezuru

is it the same team as disho 2 tho?

I don't know the inner workings of Arkane but apparently Raphael Colantonio, the co-director of Dishonored 1 with Harvey Smith, is solo directing Prey, as apposed to the latter whom directed Dishonored 2 solo.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Kentucky Route Zero is free for Twitch Prime members (not a Steam copy though, redeemed through the Twitch Launcher)

Tizoc

Do you mean the first boss? I found that boss surprisingly hard and wound up moving on to other games. :/

He's not hard, you just gotta be patient. Granted your damage output is rather low but you can only damage that boss when his legs are up and his attacks are mostly easily to avoid.
The issue comes in when he traps you at the corner, but often times he'd do a jump that gives you enough time to get out of the corner.
Really it's just a long boss fight that makes it easier to beat. I just wish your weapons dealt better damage though :/

Kentucky Route Zero is free for Twitch Prime members (not a Steam copy though, redeemed through the Twitch Launcher)

Wait, Twitch has a launcher now too!? When's the GAF launcher coming out? We don't want to be left behind!
Edit: It should of course only play anime and indie games.

Ozium

For sure. Dishonoured 2 was my GOTY last year, so more of those principles, but in space, sound great to me. Chris Avallone being involved is also a big plus.

I still haven't played 2, just started the DLCs for the first one though since I heard they tie into the story in the 2nd one..

I've heard actual fans of the first game say it's great despite the mixed reviews

kionedrik

Kinda weird how Reigns 3$ game was 1500 coins. And now 4$ game is only 250 coins...

Reins is a finished game that also happens to be very good.
Whatever it's there right now is in Early Access and, judging by the reviews and community forums, feels like a demo right now.

Why would I be hyped for a game that's already out?
prey_gif_021_zpsaam8kk0v.gif

Came out and then it went to the hunting grounds where it is said to still roam to this day.

But Arkane's "version" looks neat in terms of effects. It's just that's a burner tactic by the IP owner on both the original and it's proposed sequel that is a pretty compelling argument to not deal with their games. I remember that "sneak press fuck" thread too. That was basically the best part about this whole thing.

So I'm kinda hyped about watching it bomb?

To be fair, as a game itself it does not appear to channel much that is new, aside from the 'mimic' effects that enemies appear to have in it. So it's more about fancy effects than a new game, which I don't think is something anyone would be extremely interested in these days. In 2007, yes, in 2017, nah.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Just bought Halo Wars. I hope it's a good port.

'Halo Wars has stopped working' 😢

Tried verifying game files, tried launching it w/o Steam overlay, tried launching it with the default Steam skin, tried running the .exe as administrator. Uninstalled and downloading it again now...

Drivers are up to date. i5 4670k, 1070, 16GB RAM, W10 Pro x64 🤔

edit: reinstalled, still doesn't work

Vlad

Ahhhh, it feels so nice having finally 100%ed Afterbirth+, so I can actually play something else other than Binding of Isaac for a change. Of course, every time I say that I'm done with the game, they keep coming out with expansion packs that draw me back in every time.

Madventure

The sequel? thing for alien swarm got released today and it's free and added a ton of new features, didn't see anyone mention it yet
It's really fun!

Corpekata

Banned
"Consoles" is a way for publishers to divide their business categories. It's just meant to say it's not mobile (and typically not handheld). It's meant to give people certain expectations without being specific. Like for instance, it's from the God Eater devs, but since it is focused around home platforms, people can probably expect areas to not be the 20 feet sections of a game containing 1 enemy (or 1 enemy pack) like a lot of portable MH style games tend to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom