• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deitus

Do you have to beat XCOM on a certain difficulty to get an ending or does it always just end after that short cutscene?

Just asking cuz the devs said for XCOM 2 that
we lose in EU/EW so I'm wondering what the hell cuz I sure didn't lose

I think there is an alternate ending if you let panic levels get so high that every country pulls out, leaving you unable to fight anymore. I believe this is now the canon ending.

rtcn63

Ittle Deux, obviously.

christian-bale-and-kermit-the-frog.gif

I played a bit with DMC4SE today, really loved the intro for Vergil and Lady/Trish's story. Really feels like DMC again! :)

PC settings were superb too, I can run everything at max.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Been playing the hell out of Ys VI this weekend (thanks again Se7enSword!) and I've been having a blast. This is exactly the game I was in the mood for lately. I'm level 35 so I think I'm about 1/3 or so finished with it and I'm about 6 hours in.

I missed this when it was released on the PSP. Do we have any word on whether Ys Seven or Memories of Celceta are coming to Steam? Apparently they were released for PC in China and obviously were released for PSP/Vita in the US. So their absence on Steam seems kinda strange...

Been playing the hell out of Ys VI this weekend (thanks again Se7enSword!) and I've been having a blast. This is exactly the game I was in the mood for lately. I'm level 35 so I think I'm about 1/3 or so finished with it and I'm about 6 hours in.

I missed this when it was released on the PSP. Do we have any word on whether Ys Seven or Memories of Celceta are coming to Steam? Apparently they were released for PC in China and obviously were released for PSP/Vita in the US. So their absence on Steam seems kinda strange...
You're welcome! :)

Glad to know you're enjoying it, makes me happy!

Joyoland, the company that ported Ys Seven, and will soon port Memories of Celceta to PC in China claimed that they would bring Ys Seven to PC last year, I think. However, there has been no new news or update since that mention.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
metro 2033 redux on high (there's a very high setting)/60fps on a 760gtx, too lazy to tweak it so it's vanilla, game looks hella cool

I've played a bit of the original Metro 2033 (non-redux) version a bit earlier this year, for comparison here's a Steam screenshot of the first screen:

346A6FED3E41479D8A7FAEBF933D31C40CD697DA

And a few I have from a bit later in the game:

I have heard the difference between Metro 2033 original and redux comes in taste, some gameplay and graphical difference, though I chose to play the original because I personally liked the lighting better, though I noticed in comparison videos and screens some areas look better in the original, some look better in the redux to me.

Mivey

XSEED has like two people working on their ports, so whenever Trails SC releases. Also one of their PC team indicated they couldnt use the Chinese version, some red tape

So basically never

Dusk Golem

I've been waiting ages for XSeed to release Corpse Party on PC. I know they're re-doing the translation, fixing up some things, and their hands are full, but they announced the port over a year ago (June 2014 announcement), originally it was aiming for Fall of 2014, and here we are almost to Fall of 2015.

Soon, the horrifying mutant bug-eyed children from the original indie release of Corpse Party: Blood Covered will be mine!

l_4ee8c8202b052.jpg

Tizoc

I've been waiting ages for XSeed to release Corpse Party on PC. I know they're re-doing the translation, fixing up some things, and their hands are full, but they announced the port over a year ago, originally it was aiming for Fall of 2014, and here we are almost to Fall of 2015.

Soon, the horrifying mutant bug-eyed children from the original indie release of Corpse Party: Blood Covered will be mine!

l_4ee8c8202b052.jpg

For reals they need to hire more PC peeps.
Durante should join them :V

Jawmuncher

I've been waiting ages for XSeed to release Corpse Party on PC. I know they're re-doing the translation, fixing up some things, and their hands are full, but they announced the port over a year ago, originally it was aiming for Fall of 2014, and here we are almost to Fall of 2015.

l_4ee8c8202b052.jpg

I'm sticking with my PSP version. Liked the look of that one.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I've been waiting ages for XSeed to release Corpse Party on PC. I know they're re-doing the translation, fixing up some things, and their hands are full, but they announced the port over a year ago (June 2014 announcement), originally it was aiming for Fall of 2014, and here we are almost to Fall of 2015.

l_4ee8c8202b052.jpg

I'd covered this earlier, but to mention again, it's much worse than bug fixing. They're redoing the entire game's code because the original was such a mess. We're probably going to be waiting much longer for it to come out, with the only programmer they have tied to the Trails SC PC port at the moment.

Sajjaja

=======================

Anyways, in order to stay relevant to the thread, I played a bit with DMC4SE today, really loved the intro for Vergil and Lady/Trish's story. Really feels like DMC again! :)

PC settings were superb too, I can run everything at max.
Circumventing someone's ban is bannable is it not? So you should probably remove that post.

Dusk Golem

I'm thinking the PSP art will be easy to mod in, but we shall see.

I say if possible to go for both. Besides the art being drastically improved for the PSP release, there's a number of differences between the original PC indie release and the PSP do-over of the game. The differences in the PC version to the PSP version outside of the bug-eyed art are:

-There's a lot more music in the original PC version, the PSP memory limitations made them cut songs from the release.
-There's a whole chapter cut off from the PSP release, the chapter was later repurposed a bit for the sequel, Book of Memories, but is still quite different to the original (keyward for the chapter, "Tooth".).
-There were a variety of scenes cut from the PSP release to get the game a decent rating on an official marketplace so it could be sold, the original PC indie release is actually a lot more grotesque. XSeed confirmed they're keeping the cut scenes from the PSP release.
-The voice acting is completely different, lots of debate of which one is better, but it honestly all comes down to taste. The original PC version has indie VA's from Japan voicing the characters, when the game got a budget they got bigger name VA's to voice them in the PSP version.
-I know there's a number of differences in individual scenes, which is part of the reason they decided to re-translate the whole thing was because while a number of scenes happen in both the PC and PSP version, the dialogue is actually different and changed around in both versions, partially due to some cut content/changes in direction/censorship/flow, but the game should read quite a bit differently.

Dusk Golem

I'd covered this earlier, but to mention again, it's much worse than bug fixing. They're redoing the entire game's code because the original was such a mess. We're probably going to be waiting much longer for it to come out, with the only programmer they have tied to the Trails SC PC port at the moment.

Yup, I know the reason, but they certainly need more manpower working on their ports I'd think, especially since they're tackling so much lately.

On a side note, I always get happy then sad seeing XSeed's twitter profile is Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon. Such a flawed masterpiece.

Grief.exe

I've played a bit of the original Metro 2033 (non-redux) version a bit earlier this year, for comparison here's a Steam screenshot of the first screen:

873567F486507EBD31C53F83C8A74888D2476A29

Someone played with Russian voice overs and English subtitles. Best way to play.

-I know there's a number of differences in individual scenes, which is part of the reason they decided to re-translate the whole thing was because while a number of scenes happen in both the PC and PSP version, the dialogue is actually different and changed around in both versions, partially due to some cut content/changes in direction/censorship/flow, but the game should read quite a bit differently.

Is the Steam version getting both voice action options to play around with?

P90KF.png

My first impression is just how blurry the sprites are in these screenshots and the Xseed preview.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Yup, I know the reason, but they certainly need more manpower working on their ports I'd think, especially since they're tackling so much lately.

On a side note, I always get happy then sad seeing XSeed's twitter profile is Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon. Such a flawed masterpiece.

I think you'll be pleased, but also saddened, to know that someone posted emulated shots of Fragile Dreams to their Facebook begging for a re-release on PC or modern consoles, which they sadly had to turn down.

Maybe someone over in Japan will listen some day... ;-;

Dusk Golem

Someone played with Russian voice overs and English subtitles. Best way to play.

Is the Steam version getting both voice action options to play around with?

No idea, but I don't think so since to my knowledge they're trying to retain the original indie release, but then I wonder how modding will work. Literally the Corpse Party PSP has been completely dug into and all of its in-game files are pretty easy to come by, the series has a pretty devoted fan base.

And shhhhh, maybe sensible since I'm big on horror games, but I like to do small things that help my personal immersion in games.

My first impression is just how blurry the sprites are in these screenshots and the Xseed preview.

That's actually one thing to mention as well, the internal resolution on the PC version is much higher, the in-game sprites (not the art) is nearly identical between the PC/PSP release, but the PC version does look nicer there as it has PC resolutions in mind, while the PSP version was designed for... Well, a PSP screen.

Dusk Golem

I think you'll be pleased, but also saddened, to know that someone posted emulated shots of Fragile Dreams to their Facebook begging for a re-release on PC or modern consoles, which they sadly had to turn down.

Maybe someone over in Japan will listen some day... ;-;

I figured, porting that game probably would take a lot of time and is probably too niche to be worth the investment, plus the gameplay has flaws and some annoying segments, but the game is so beautiful in other ways.

Ah well, at least we have emulation.

l_4ee8c8202b052.jpg

Seriously, I've been waiting for this since it was announced. I want those Heavenly Host trading cards. Still, I hear that it's a gigantic mess so who knows when CP on PC will come out.

I didn't play on uber and
I had to basically empty my entire arsenal into its shitty mouth. Grenades, rockets, guns... all of them "hit", but it just didn't fucking go down until after like 20 minutes of shooting and dodging arms and zombies.

I'm sure you were doing it wrong.
I'm not sure *how* you were doing it wrong.
But you're you. You were definitely doing it wrong, just so you could rant about it. ;)

Need some more Steam Wallet deals to top up my account, getting low right now.

I was just thinking that myself, actually.
Was hoping maybe that Target B1G1 10% off deal would pop up and I could go use my redcard to get 15% off total. $84ish for $100 credit is one of the better deals I've seen.

Rest In Pepperoni...

Rest in Pizza.

Deitus

I wonder if that just occurs systemically or if that is extra attention to detail.

Either way, great stuff.

Neither. The person who made the video added the sound effects in. That "helmet" does have physics applied to it as you move around though, so I think the animation is unedited.

Lolcomin

Banned
Any impressions yet for Dream?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/229580/

Honestly, I think it's really overrated, but I'm in the minority it seems. Even then for $10 I'd still pick up the Redux set.

$7.70 with voucher SAVE23-WITHGM-GAUG15. And yes for that price, you should get it if you enjoy FPS games other than Call of Duty.

Let me put it this way. Your question could be interpreted as criminal offense :D

Yes it is really good.

Alright I will. Thanks :D

Tecl0n

Of course as the release of MGSV draws near my PC dies.

jimmy-mcnulty.gif

Hell i think the RMA period also recently expired, and i bought that specific brand of mobo because it had RMA in my country. Damn it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom