• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonton

Since we are talking about indies, i bothered to make a totally random list of awesome indies to look forward to, most of which won't cost you more than 4 Döner Kebabs

An oldschool FRPG (That's like a JRPG but with croissants and weird hats) with shiny graphics and wonderful character art

That looks cute
When i saw the developer name I thought it was by the Nekopara devs for a second though

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Anyone?

Does anyone in here play Cities: Skylines on a lower-spec PC? My specs pretty easily fall above the minimum specs (i5 2500S @ 2.70 GHz, 8GB RAM, Radeon HD 6570), so I could probably play it on low-mid settings, but I've heard that once your city starts to get bigger, it starts getting pretty processor-intensive.

I've wanted Skylines for a while now, and I'm just kinda torn between the $40 PS4 version that I can't really afford but would run fine, or the $7.50 PC version that I can afford but would probably run into issues with later on.

(And seriously, putting the PC version on sale for $7.50 the same week the $40 PS4 version comes out is certainly something. :lol)

ArjanN

tvuf2j7.jpg

So bad it's good.

This is what she looks like now:

DHcLRmFUIAABP3x.jpg:large

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
No CD Keys is a digital warehouse where people bring the stuff that "falls off" of the ditigal back of the truck.

fantastic post

Oh joy
for whatever bizarre reason my net connection has shat down to being 1 MBPS.
It's 2 AM and I don't feel like calling my IPS to see what the cause is (I am signed up for 16 MBPS)

they throttling your ass son!

Tizoc

Oh joy
It's 2 AM and I don't feel like calling my IPS to see what the cause is (I am signed up for 16 MBPS)

Sch1sm

Oh joy

Have you tried turning it on and off again?

---

Been on a game drought this summer, but I started up again with Ra^2, and some Civ V. It's legit if you're looking for a physics based puzzler with simple mechanics that still manage to trip you up. Only through the first three sectors myself.

Also a 2017 release, so. Probably one of my GOTY contenders. :")

Is there anyway to change the layout of Steamdb? They used to have recent sales on the front page, but they've replaced it with trending games, which I'm not that interested in.

So uh, Battle.Net...

E3D71JO.png

Discrete sections for Blizzard and Activision.

Safe to say Activision's about to pull an EA? Crash N'Sane Trilogy (PC Version) and CawwadoodyMMXVIII Exclusively on Battle.Net?

Nothing of value to Steam will be lost /shrug. And I mean, as a bonus, not being on Steam means we can't see the series' rapidly waning PC sales via SteamSpy.

MUnited83

For you.
So uh, Battle.Net...

E3D71JO.png

Safe to say Activision's about to pull an EA? Crash N'Sane Trilogy (PC Version) and CawwadoodyMMXVIII Exclusively on Battle.Net?

Nothing of value to Steam will be lost /shrug. And I mean, as a bonus, not being on Steam means we can't see the series' rapidly waning PC sales via SteamSpy.
There won't be anything else other than Destiny 2 being exclusive (Activision side) for a long, long time. They won't make Crash or CoD exclusive to it.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Is there anyway to change the layout of Steamdb? They used to have recent sales on the front page, but they've replaced it with trending games, which I'm not that interested in.

https://steamdb.info/sales/ ?

So uh, Battle.Net...

There's some inklings that Destiny might not be Battle.net exclusive as well:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-08-14-you-can-buy-destiny-1-silver-on-steam-for-some-reason

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=246161718#post246161718

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
they already said it was a mistake, I bet it was holdovers when the game WAS going to be on Steam once upon a time, before the whole Battlenet thing.

Yeah, I probably should have emphasized the might more. I suppose Steam has tools for testing transactions in such a way that they're useful even if they're not integrated with Steam.

yuraya

So uh, Battle.Net...

E3D71JO.png

Call of Duty flopping on Steam year after year got Activision shook. I wouldn't be surprised if they release everything on both Bnet and Steam moving forward to maximize revenue. I doubt they would make them full on exclusive.

Dr.Acula

Banned
So uh, Battle.Net...

E3D71JO.png

It seemed like Steam was once about Valve games, and there were just a few other games you could maybe buy on it.

What I'm saying is... Overwatch may be the TF2 of Blizzard in more ways than one -ie, the last game they ever make.

yuraya

I think the big factor will be how well Destiny 2 sells on Bnet. If the game is actually good and does insane #s I could see Activision shake stuff up in the future. Honestly tho I don't think it really matters because at the end of the day they don't release enough games for PC gamers to give a shit in any way.

Sch1sm

If anyone's beat Subsurface Circular already, since no one in my friend's list has even played it yet if they own it, how on Earth do you get the Founding Father hidden achievement, and the Post Mortem achievement?

Not sure if I triggered the last one in particular and it's just glitched out, or I'm completely overlooking it.

Finished Evil Within's DLCs!

I wasn't expecting the Kidman chapters to tone down the action as much as they did, I almost bounced off of it after not feeling the early areas and how it was more stealth horror. I got over that hurdle and I'm glad I did, I don't generally have the patience for more traditional survival horror but both The Assignment and The Consequence were impressively good. They pacing is such that by the time you finally do have a usable sidearm it's just the most satisfying thing. It's just weird how it essentially contextualizes the main game to be more of a side thing, as it featured the brunt of the actual story.

Generally I found a lot of Evil Within's main game to be pretty underwhelming in execution -- right down to the antagonist of Ruvik. From the moment you see him I couldn't help but roll my eyes and had a hard time of ever taking him seriously, but the Kidman DLCs make up for that in spades. The faceless man is just so much more effective and how they used him was great. Hearing that TEW2's being directed by the same person that did the DLC has put the game on my radar whereas I would've overlooked it from only completing the campaign.

It's a long way down
loooong waaaay doooown

The Executioner DLC where you played as a keeper was NOT what I was expecting it to be, but it was fun despite being recycled content that you played in a radically different and weirder way.

(and obligatory screenshot of some apples i found while playing)

Regarding indies, I think a double-edged sword for them was the Humble and PSN+ exposure. It's given a lot more sales and eyeballs on games that might not have gotten them otherwise, but now we're in the predicament where indies are in the basket in people's minds of "I'll just wait for it to be in a Humble Bundle/Monthly or PSN+ game".

How could they have possibly made her head smaller?
They didn't, the framing of it just makes her head look smaller because her shoulders appear large without seeing the rest of her body. Her outfit just has big poofy shoulder dooters.

Since we are talking about indies, i bothered to make a totally random list of awesome indies to look forward to, most of which won't cost you more than 4 Döner Kebabs
[...]
Thanks for this by the way! A few things added to my wishlist that I hadn't known about.

Ionic

What I'm saying is... Overwatch may be the TF2 of Blizzard in more ways than one -ie, the last game they ever make.

Blizzard has well over 10 times the number of employees as Valve. I'm sure they'll continue making new games. And either way I don't think TF2 was the last game Valve ever made.

dex3108

You could say that Agents of Maybe bombed really hard. After 4 days only 22K owners. To put it into the perspective LawBreakers had around 50K after the same time on the market.

There are 40 more minutes in this, the day of my birth, so have some video games:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 15 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (HP_Wuvcraft, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

1. a GAME WHERE YOU DASH BECAUSE OF GEOMETRY -- MB-F64163F12FD11AA4 - Taken by MaxiLive
10. A TOWN CALLED SALEM -- MB-57582A162F89EBB2 - Taken by ohblahitsme
11. A LEET HACKING GAME -- MB-539F8537DF404B11 - Taken by Zeknurn
12. A LEETER HACKING GAME -- MB-0107DF474423DC92 - Taken by illusionary
13. A GAME WHERE THE DAGGERS ARE DEVILS -- MB-9049A9A384E153D8 - Taken by abelasabel
14. Accept me as one of your own, GAF, for I am made a video game -- MB-253814297AE73E27 - Taken by KainXVIII
15. oh look another copy of army of tentacles 3 it's like i don't give a fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck -- MB-5FB53E4E08D2A67A - Taken by Kiru
2. A GAME WHERE YOU FIGHT THE DEVIL'S PONIES ON AN ISLAND -- MB-0D2D6DA0BE8F22D1 - Taken by Kurt Russell
3. A KIND OF BROKEN RNG ARGUMENT FIGHTING GAME -- MB-B666A182BE84D420 - Taken by DeliciousDoc
4. A SEQUEL TO A KIND OF BROKEN RNG ARGUMENT GAME -- MB-509B12EACA532CC9 - Taken by Erheller
5. AN RPG MAKER SCI-FI -- MB-8D5AE011A5E98B7A - Taken by InquisitorAles
6. SEQUEL TO AN RPG MAKER SCI-FI -- MB-E429992972CC2174 - Taken by lazerfox
7. ANOTHER SEQUEL -- MB-F59B740322A7FF7C - Taken by sadblob
8. YET ANOTHER RPG MAKER SEQUEL -- MB-C0CE5E54C80FC17D - Taken by nightstorm
9. NOT A SEX SIMULATOR -- MB-726B2F9B4B9ED7C7 - Taken by Pixieking

zkylon

zkylewd
i feel bad for agents of mayhem

looks like a really tone deaf game in a specific time where i see a game like overwatch really resonating with people thanks to its whole making good and likeable characters thing, and hten i see agents of mayhem that looks like something out of 2003 or something

it's really confusing cos i thought saints row 3 (and 4 to a degree) felt really self-aware and fresh, like the team behind it really set out to make something with a lot of unique personality, while i can't really see who agents of mayhem appeals to?

it's weird, i actually got a lot more intrigued about that game when i heard it's not coop

Decided to get Dusk because of episode one being available to play for preorders. Couple levels in and I am really not feelin' it as its inspiration seems of the Blood 2 kind. Refunding.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
they already said it was a mistake, I bet it was holdovers when the game WAS going to be on Steam once upon a time, before the whole Battlenet thing.

Deej just said the items shouldn't have been purchasable, which indirectly confirmed the app is indeed Bungie's. Oops. Of the 17 updates it has received since the Battle.net announcement, only one of them was due to Valve's general tinkering, so there's definitely something going on. I'd say the apparent existence of a Steam version points to either a contingency plan that's to be enacted in the event the PC version performs below expectations or temporary Battle.net exclusivity (if it's to be a post-release exclusive at all).

C4rter

Hey everyone - sorry I haven't been online much lately and there hasn't been much recent movement on the development side of Enhanced Steam.

Last week I started a new (second) job working nights, so that has more or less dominated all of my available free time. Thankfully my second job is pretty chill and doesn't care if I game at work (on handhelds) but I don't have internet access besides my cell phone which doesn't have much available data usage.

The majority of my down time now is sleeping and honestly just getting used to the routine. Hopefully nothing majorly breaking comes up with Enhanced Steam - but I thought I'd give you guys a heads up in case anyone PMs me and wonders why I might not respond immediately.

It's crazy, that a guy like you, that is able to make such awesome stuff like Enhanced Steam or Idle Master has to take on a second job. At least it doesn't sound like it's hard but a job is a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom