• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August II 2014 - Kept you waiting, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

taco543

I got off work and since I'm happy to be off here are some games for you guys! And Super house of the ninjas is game and dlc!
ModBot said:
Instructions for taco543:
You know that feeling when you're pooping and the wind brushes against your butt and thats called a fart, thats what you sound like.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (taco543, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Whispering Willows -- MB-E5AD91347E8CC083 - Taken by Haunted. 10 entrants total.
Pressured -- MB-7152EFA55EE90C67 - Taken by darkchewie. 2 entrants total.
QuestRun -- MB-0A1E6FE98C05102A - Taken by Coldsun. 4 entrants total.
Containment: The Zombie Puzzler -- MB-11685015332A305D - Taken by alr1ght. 1 entrants total.
Chronology -- MB-FC95EC81A058C329 - Taken by maty. 2 entrants total.
InFlux -- MB-C5FAA3DED892EFAE - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.
Jazzpunk -- MB-959AC01AAA042631 - Taken by fenners. 27 entrants total.
Fez -- MB-BFE1C597B8877FBB
Volgarr the Viking -- MB-81AE983AC691A3A5 - Taken by HalfwayOrb. 22 entrants total.
Super House of Dead Ninjas -- MB-14DA10C3308FB143 - Taken by Ventara. 12 entrants total.

t1409286685z1.png

derExperte

How do you even make DLC content for a singleplayer horror campaign and sell that in advance.

Or does it have multiplayer as well and these are maps/packs etc? (I admit I haven't followed this much except that it's Mikami's new horror game and looks like a last gen title).

Get The Evil Within Season Pass and continue to unravel the horrifying story of The Evil Within. Take control of new characters and experience terror from an entirely new perspective with three new content packs at one great price

Please be excited.

Only 20 bucks? Whoa. Will buy and play day one if possible.

Look again.

Deadbeat

Banned
Given the game's massive anti-hype, I won't be surprised if it's on a huge price slide before long.
Im not buying it because its on shit tech 5. It will not work properly on PC. That much is guaranteed.

Otherwise Im still interested in a lesser resident evil 4.

SirNinja

Here's that CoD DLC monstrosity again, this time color coded:

uR8Z4LW.png

Just in case anyone's still doubting whether the problem is getting worse.

saunderez

It's mostly character packs, I'm not seeing the problem? I thought most people were ok with cosmetic DLC? It's a waste of money but its not like it really alters the game so ignore away.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
That COD ultimate pack isn't a bad deal, really. Of course, it is only that good if you don't own a single COD game, like me, and if that is the case you probably hate the games, like me.

MattyG

Banned
I couldn't decide what I should play now that I'm done with 2033 Redux. Played Steam roulette, got Spec Ops The Line. I'm ok with this.

Oh, and how is Company of Heroes 2? Worth $10? I've never been huge into RTS (even though I've played a bit of SC2 and enjoyed it), but I LOVE WWII games, and I think COH2 looks good. Haven't heard any opinions on it outside of reviews though.

aw I'm sad at the region locking for The Evil Within :( I hope Fallout 4 isn't also region locked, well I'll probably end up getting the collector's edition for that game depending what comes along with it, but still, stahp the region locking.

Jawmuncher

aw I'm sad at the region locking for The Evil Within :( I hope Fallout 4 isn't also region locked, well I'll probably end up getting the collector's edition for that game depending what comes along with it, but still, stahp the region locking.

It's Bethesda so you're already dead there.
Much like Konami and Namco you are at a 90% probability unless something falls through the cracks.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

oh ... I can already tell you it most certainly will be region-locked ... all Bethesda games are (afaik)

Haunted

Here's that CoD DLC monstrosity again, this time color coded:

uR8Z4LW.png

Ha! I have photoshop open with the 10 games highlighted with strokes, great minds.

That's 10 games + 99 pieces of DLC content across 5 games if anyone's still counting.

yuck

It's Bethesda so you're already dead there.
Much like Konami and Namco you are at a 90% probability unless something falls through the cracks.

welps, thats disappointing. Still holding out hope that MGSV isn't region locked that way I can get MGSV on the cheap for PC and still get it on PS4 to play MGSO with my friends.

MUnited83

For you.
welps, thats disappointing. Still holding out hope that MGSV isn't region locked that way I can get MGSV on the cheap for PC and still get it on PS4 to play MGSO with my friends.

Konami was the first publisher on Steam to use the new region locking tag, with Metal Gear Rising. Chances of MGSV being region free are very close to zero.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of ItsGeeMcGee, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ItsGeeMcGee, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Civilization: Beyond Earth -- MB-A3C7C9D3FEAC39C4 - Taken by Casimir. 106 entrants total.

t1409281884z1.png

MattyG

Banned
Company of Heroes 2 has 90% negative reviews on Steam? Is it actually bad or is this like when something gets a 1/10 on Metacritic? I thought I heard that it was decent (at least based on media reviews).

Annubis

Not being able to sprint is the only issue.

Speaking of Sprint... I have to rant a bit on something.

In The Walking Dead S2, they say that holding SHIFT makes you run.
That has got to be the slowest run I have ever seen.

The difference between walking and running is hard to even notice.

Mono

hYhX5wv.png

BASED BRAD!!

☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

That is a really vague response, though. I still have no idea what the hell happened and I definitely will not be buying games from the Steam store again, since that seemed to trigger whatever the problem was. Third party seems fine!

I'm still missing a bunch of games, though. :( And I was hoping to play The Wolf Among Us again...

Did the people who lost their gifts because of this get them back?

Parfait

I won Mirror's Edgy in a giveaway a while back, and I promised to play it, so not only will I do so this Sat, i'm also gonna stream it so everyone can make fun of me as i fall down tall, beautiful buildings.

I've been gettin used to tryin to stream a lot, mainly playin old RPGs like Legend of Mana(current). anyway i'll be streamin at about 2pm EST if anyone cares to watch. I'll post a link about then too.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

Yes. I can't wait to lose the raffle!

I won Mirror's Edgy in a giveaway a while back, and I promised to play it, so not only will I do so this Sat, i'm also gonna stream it so everyone can make fun of me as i fall down tall, beautiful buildings.

I've been gettin used to tryin to stream a lot, mainly playin old RPGs like Legend of Mana(current). anyway i'll be streamin at about 2pm EST if anyone cares to watch. I'll post a link about then too.

..tomorrow?

COME GET YA GAMES
PIPING, FRESH, HOT GAMES FOR YOUR STEAM ACCOUNT
ModBot said:
Instructions for Gunstarheroes:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Gunstarheroes, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine -- MB-6501CB7AA5981582 - Taken by fernandes. 1 entrants total.
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed -- MB-E44D86591830266D - Taken by Mono. 8 entrants total.
Solar 2 -- MB-8965082EB93730A9 - Taken by Woody Invincible. 1 entrants total.
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing -- MB-40330D80B659D919 - Taken by Andrefpvs. 3 entrants total.
Super House Of Dead Ninjas -- MB-3B5FB93AEFBC3422 - Taken by Accoun. 4 entrants total.

t1409279784z1.png

hYhX5wv.png

BASED BRAD!!

That is a really vague response, though. I still have no idea what the hell happened and I definitely will not be buying games from the Steam store again, since that seemed to trigger whatever the problem was. Third party seems fine!

I'm still missing a bunch of games, though. :( And I was hoping to play The Wolf Among Us again...

Good you got your account back, you could also just use Steam wallet cards if you needed something on the store.

Accoun

Company of Heroes 2 has 90% negative reviews on Steam? Is it actually bad or is this like when something gets a 1/10 on Metacritic? I thought I heard that it was decent (at least based on media reviews).

There was this thing where lots of Russians shat on the game for political reasons (AKA not whitewashing the red army, if I remember correctly). Maybe it's that.
IIRC I also heard it was a bit of a disappointment from some (at least at launch), but never looked much into it. Dunno.

Speaking of Sprint... I have to rant a bit on something.

In The Walking Dead S2, they say that holding SHIFT makes you run.
That has got to be the slowest run I have ever seen.

The difference between walking and running is hard to even notice.

I don't think TWD S1 had sprint, but The Wolf Among Us did, so I guess they felt obligated to add something...

You can barely notice it, but it is there, taunting you...

Oh, heck, they probably shouldn't have added it.

hYhX5wv.png

BASED BRAD!!

Nice to see you got it sorted! Didn't you say before that it was Paypal that was the issue? You could just not use paypal, I dunno. Or steam wallet cards.

And mine was not, but I got it sorted anyway, so don't worry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom