• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale 2020

Fbh

uZ7LXeRJK9tAQzB2nQY9GM-320-80.gif

¿What is everyone getting?
I'm on a bit of a budget so I'm only eyeing Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection and Outer Wilds. Was hoping for a good deal on Dark Souls remaster but it's not even on sale :S​

Kuranghi

Oh FFS I have no fucking money, I want so much stuff though. At least Worms W.M.D to play a few games with my flatmate...

I was going to post more but I just went to my wishlist and its empty :messenger_grimmacing_

Anyone else having that problem just now?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm looking at that $13 Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor update with wild trepidation. There seems to be a whole lot of content there for $13, but dare I go back down the MMO rabbit hole?

Also I'm nearly broke after buying these next-gen consoles (and associated games + controllers) this month.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Oh FFS I have no fucking money, I want so much stuff though. At least Worms W.M.D to play a few games with my flatmate...

I was going to post more but I just went to my wishlist and its empty :messenger_grimmacing_

Anyone else having that problem just now?
Steam is semi-fucked right now, I can't search for games.

GHG

Nothing for this sale, will probably wait for the christmas/new year sale before buying anything.

Balls deep in demon's souls and planning on buying a couple more games for the PS5 I'm the next few weeks so that has me more than occupied. I'm done buying games on Steam that I have no plans to play immediately.

CeeJay

I picked up Divinity Original Sin 2 at 60% off last night and will no doubt have a good browse of the sale in the coming days. No rush, there will be the Christmas sale a couple of weeks after the Autumn sale that will have pretty much all of these same deals again and hopefully many more.

regawdless

Banned
I had some games on my wishlist that I've bought yesterday.

Gears 5, so cheap I had to buy it

Man of Medan - loved Until Dawn, so I had to get it

Overload - brings back memories

Day of Defeat Source - I was a "Pro" gamer before the Source update. Stopped playing when the update dropped for various reasons. Will try it tonight, see if I still got it.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Picked up the Command & Conquer remastered collection as, to my shame, I've never played them, but that's the lot. Cyberpunk next month and then Mario 3D World in Feb means my gaming time is pretty tied up. Money isn't an issue, time is.

Celcius

°Temp. member

Day of Defeat Source - I was a "Pro" gamer before the Source update. Stopped playing when the update dropped for various reasons. Will try it tonight, see if I still got it.
How are you liking Gears 5 so far? I'm also on the fence
Do you have to use any other launcher when starting the Steam version?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I’ll get Death Stranding, I guess, but not over Steam. Think it’s cheaper on GMG or NewEgg.

Andyliini

Hmm... I'm pondering on Ys Chronicles 1&2. I just played Ys Origin on Switch, and loved it. I really would like to play the originals on Switch as well, but there is no incentive og it ever coming, and this is only 3,50€. Then again, I don't really game on PC that much.

Gotta think about it.

Holammer

I'm surprised Gears 5 and new Ori are so cheap, that's probably a spin-off effect from them being featured on Gamepass.

Bagged Aggelos and Telltale's Monkey Island for now, will probably buy a couple of more later.
Monkey Island at 90% off is basically a "we're de-listing soon" price.

Gp1

Killer Instinct
Prey Digital Deluxe
RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard Gold Edition
Middle-earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition
Sunset Overdrive
The Battle Fleet Collection
Medieval Kingdom Wars
Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition
SteamWorld Dig 2
Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom - The Prince's Edition
RESIDENT EVIL 2 / BIOHAZARD RE:2 Deluxe Edition
XCOM® 2 Collection
BioShock: The Collection
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Bundle
Grim Dawn Definitive Edition
Death's Gambit
Pillars of Eternity Collection
Sniper Elite 4 Deluxe Edition
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Digital Deluxe Edition
HITMAN 2 - Gold Edition
BATTLETECH Mercenary Collection
Black Mesa
Arma 3 Creator DLC: Global Mobilization - Cold War Germany

Here is my first draft, time to cut some fat and include some suggestions.

emilegc

I still play DoDS on 24/7 gun game server called Adult Gamers Community. I play almost every night and have a blast.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I'm surprised Gears 5 and new Ori are so cheap, that's probably a spin-off effect from them being featured on Gamepass.

Bagged Aggelos and Telltale's Monkey Island for now, will probably buy a couple of more later.

Aggelos seems really interesting, so thanks for pointing that game out.

So far I haven't bought anything. My backlog is huge so I think I'm covered until I decide to buy a new console or PC.

MMaRsu

Banned

Thanks for the heads up, monkey island I still needed the tales pack

Also bought Sunset Overdrive but beware of the save deleting bug that can occur so backup your shit

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
I got:
  • Sniper Elite 1
  • Battletoads
  • Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (I'm on a quest to own all RE games on Steam, even the shitty ones)

I still play DoDS on 24/7 gun game server called Adult Gamers Community. I play almost every night and have a blast.
Did you never jump on the Day of Infamy train? That was amazing (while it lasted). The perfect spiritual successor to DoD:S imo.

Last edited:

Pantz

$0.99 - Gathering Sky (looks like a flower/journey type of game, why not for $1)
$1.24 - Halo: Spartan Bundle (assault & strike)
$1.79 - How To Date A Magical Girl! (the gore has me curious for this visual novel)
$4.99 - Nexomon (trying a pokemon alternative)
$6.49 - UnHolY DisAsTeR (i think Vlaphor Vlaphor is to blame for this sexy castlevania looking game in my wishlist)
$9.89 - BloodRayne: Terminal Cut (modern remaster, just came out)
$9.89 - BloodRayne 2: Terminal Cut (modern remaster, just came out)
$13.59 - S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Bundle (thanks Gp1 Gp1 for reminding me to get this)
$23.22 - Age of Empires Definitive Collection (never played any of these before)
$24.49 - Sins of a Solar Empire - Ultimate Edition (hope this will look cool on 21:9 monitor)

manfestival

There are way too many games that I could buy from this.... but I am not going to since I just bought a bunch of games recently and I don't have time like that.

anab0lic36

Already well over budget from other online sales, ill wait for the inevitable xmas sale which is just around the corner.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Grabbed Star Wars Squadrons, should be fun to play on the new Quest 2. And Ion Fury, which I was waiting for the right price on.

Reactions: Fbh

Pejo

Sunset Overdrive for Five, currently considering a bunch of other games that dropped sub 10 for the first time.

Anybody played those million Sword Art Online games? Are any of them good? I liked the first season of the anime, but I'm not really following it closely anymore.

*edit* god damn it why doesn't the Castlevania collection have the GBA games????

Last edited:

Dargor

So far won't be getting anything, them deals been pretty weak.

Feels like I saw better deals on them mid/week-end crazies.

emilegc

I got:
  • Sniper Elite 1
  • Battletoads
  • Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (I'm on a quest to own all RE games on Steam, even the shitty ones)

Did you never jump on the Day of Infamy train? That was amazing (while it lasted). The perfect spiritual successor to DoD:S imo.
I didn't. Don't know anything about it. I think I stopped playing before that. Right now I only play the gun game server I mentioned, which has a lot of custom maps, and not the normal game which is quite different.

VN1X

Banned
$9.89 - BloodRayne: Terminal Cut (modern remaster, just came out)
$9.89 - BloodRayne 2: Terminal Cut (modern remaster, just came out)
Ahh a fellow man of culture. Also bought the first remaster the other day. It's still janky as fuck but you just can't deny Miss Rayne can ye. :lollipop_anxious_sweat:

Paltheos

Hmm... I'm pondering on Ys Chronicles 1&2. I just played Ys Origin on Switch, and loved it. I really would like to play the originals on Switch as well, but there is no incentive og it ever coming, and this is only 3,50€. Then again, I don't really game on PC that much.

Gotta think about it.

Ys I is a little rough around the edges on how combat works, but Ys II fixes most of those problems (and is longer too). Both are pretty fun games though.
#1 rec if you like Origin is to play Oath in Felghana, the best Ys game imo and similar in style to Origin (but tighter), but unfortunately it's PSP/PC only.

I'm looking at that $13 Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor update with wild trepidation. There seems to be a whole lot of content there for $13, but dare I go back down the MMO rabbit hole?

Also I'm nearly broke after buying these next-gen consoles (and associated games + controllers) this month.

I'm gonna try diving back into ESO. I already bought a 6mo sub to WoW + Shadowlands as well. I have no idea why I'm doing this.

Picked up Civ 6 and ESO Greymoor. Not gonna look any deeper lest I spend money on non-PS5 stuff.

DOOM Eternal, Titanfall Collection (4th time I've buyed TF2 lol - Steam, Origin, PS4, XO).

Titanfall 2 deserves all the purchases. I'll never forget that campaign.

Last edited:
Top Bottom