• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale 2020

Ryu Kaiba

Bit off topic here, the wallpaper used on the Steam sale page, is it from a game? It's beautiful.

6f0c3c0d89b37e1d0fbdd805f114eb359dc0e539-webm-snapshot-00-00-253.jpg
downloading that for the desktop cycle thanks.

petran79

Banned
Shenmue 3 complete
Aggelos
Super XYX
Demoniser
Duck Souls
Atari Vault
River City Ransom Underground
Sonic All Star Racing 1
Sonic Adventure 2

and last but not least, Gal Gun 2 complete (best FPS of the generation, waiting eagerly for the remake)

Also wanted to grab Neo Geo Collection from GOG, minus the games I already own (KOF98-2002, LB2, MS3, SS 2and V) but compared to Humble Bundle it is a rip off.

They sell each game at 3 Euro, yet if I add the missing games only, it ends up costing 50Euro! With the missing ones it would cost 68.

Humble has all the games at 35 Euro, including Neo Turf Masters ,that is missing from GOG and the ones I already own,

Though I always play them via finalburn or MAME.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Will also pick up YSVIII on GOG.
I've got the game on PS4 (well, PS5 now I suppose) and I already played it on the Switch - but I'm still thinking about triple-dipping to get the PC version on GOG. Am I crazy?

I'm also looking really hard at Tokyo Xanadu EX which is 80% off on GOG.

Fbh

I've got the game on PS4 (well, PS5 now I suppose) and I already played it on the Switch - but I'm still thinking about triple-dipping to get the PC version on GOG. Am I crazy?

I'm also looking really hard at Tokyo Xanadu EX which is 80% off on GOG.

LOL, well it never hurts to also have it on PC. Specially if it's DRM Free.
Though it's "only" 40% off. Maybe if you already played it and already own it on multiple devices you could wait until there's a bigger discount.

Last edited:

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Tekken 7 and Nidhogg 2
Tekken 7 -- how in the fuck do I do 2-player practice? Can't figure it out T_T

Last edited:

Holammer

Had to buy Duck Souls because of previous recommendations and a few others. As you can see I buy seemingly random crap, don't I?
I might even try some of them but gave Endless Dream a whirl right away, Touhou and roguelike? That's my jam! Looks like jank, lots of shitty sprite work and the mangled English is obviously machine translated Chinese, still pretty neat.

Ended up 'just' getting RDR2. I'm tempted with Death Stranding as well but i know that I can't handle having games in my backlog without playing them.

I'm sure there'll be other sales.

Holammer

Bought a few more games in a bundle yesterday. So cheap it felt rude not to.

Action Roguelite Pack

Spirits abyss is great and I put in 66h into it. I would go so far to call it superior to Spelunky 2, as the difficulty is better balanced. It's still difficult, mind, but at least there's no fucking moles innit.
Other two games are fine too.

FrozenFlame

on the fence here Slay the Spire or Monster Train?

Honestly, I prefer Monster Train. I got somewhat frustrated with the RNG that Slay the Spire had, sure, it was probably me being bad but when I lost, I always felt like the game was cheating and there was no way I could avoid that death.
With Monster train, I don't feel like that, I understood where I failed. Besides, the game at least has a difficulty curve, you use the Covenant levels to adjust the difficulty (it gets progressively harder every time you beat the game but you can always go back to lower/non Covenant level if it gets too difficult).

Guess it's about if you want a challenge or not (well, besides the different mechanics).

Top Bottom