• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Community -- NOW.

Bunny

man, i really wish i could play css with you all, but for some reason my comp can't run it anymore. i don't get it, it was working fine a while back.

aznpxdd

It was fun while it lasted, unfortunately I had to stop early because my internet was acting up...kept giving me massive lag every 5 seconds. I was owning in office too :D.

Anyways, can a mod set up a DOD:S event? We've got about 6-7 people in chat right now that agree on a DOD:S night.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Good games guys, that was a lot of fun. Plus I see 2 UT events were just added for next week, can't wait since I missed last weeks.

saelz8

Valve is doing a great job with fixes and updates, check it out guys.

Friday, August 10th

The Steam Community Update Notes:
Fixed an overlay crash when certain games would exit
Added support for non-steam games name info to be sent between friends, and to the web
Fixed chat text colors for other users in chat being too dark in alternate skins
Fixed 'join game' friend context menu item never enabled if the local user wasn't in a game
Added a group panel under newly-created groups in the friends list, so your group still appears even if no one has joined
Fixed case where friends list wouldn't immediately refresh if user has joined/left group
Changed shortcuts file to be saved after each shortcut is added, instead of only on shutdown
Added a url bar to the community tab
Added "community" menu item to notify-tray context menu, and view menu
Added self to right-hand list in chats
Fixed the overlay in openGL games to display textures instead of white boxes

Thursday, August 9th

Fixed an overlay crash when DEP is enabled
Fixed overlay mouse clicks not registering in some games
Fixed installing service on non-English Vista systems

Wednesday, August 8th

Fixed an overlay bug using the filesize of a tga file in place of the size in bytes of the RGBA texture data
Changed refreshing of friends list / chat users list to be significantly faster
Changed shortcuts.dat to live in the config folder, along with the other user config files
Fixed tooltips being broken in file open dialog
Changed friends/chat lists to always rebuild on a relationship change
Changed chat user list to not rebuild on voice use start/stop
Changed removing a friend on the client to not force their persona state to offline, since the removed user may still be seen in a group
Added maximize functionality to all resizable windows, currently only accessed as double-clicking on the titlebar

Tuesday, August 7th

Added additional overlay support in games
Fixed chat names & avatars not always being displayed in clan avatars
Fixed taskbar entry flashing for chat dialogs increasing in speed the more messages they've missed
Fixed audio icons in multi-user chat not scrolling with the list of friends
Changed online/ingame notifications to only appear for immediate friends, not group peers, chat members, or users in game
Cleaned up spacing on multi-user chat title
Fixed crash exiting game when chat dialogs were open

I noticed Gattsu was playing Warcraft III, I got confused as it's a non-steam game. They added non-steam game "Now playing" broadcasting today.

MutFox

Banned
GooD Game. :p
cs_office0000.jpg

Nice Turn Out...

Make Monday DoD: S night, or swap it weekly...
A lot of people on the NeoGaf STEAM chat wanted DoD: S instead of DoD. (Majority)

MutFox

Banned
Berserker said:
Is Monday supposed to be CSS night on GAF?

Good to know, Im in next time, you all better watch your backs :)

Monday is DoD: S night.
Firday is CS: S night... like right now. :D

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Man, after I got everyone to change servers, I ended up lagging on the new one. :(

Ah well, still had a fun time and had some hilarious moments not taking the game that seriously. Going nuts with an mp5, getting 4-5 kills in a single round with the shotgun, killing an AK user with the USP...

MutFox

Banned
The M.O.B said:
I now suggest Insurgency Sunday?

We were thinking of a MOD Wednesday in the Steam Chat.
So GAF could get more into that scene, become more rounded gamers :p

Hitokage said:
Man, after I got everyone to change servers, I ended up lagging on the new one. :(

Ah well, still had a fun time and had some hilarious moments not taking the game that seriously. Going nuts with an mp5, getting 4-5 kills in a single round with the shotgun, killing an AK user with the USP...

You had one crazy round that I remember... :D
(You ended my atleast 1 kill a round streak.)

Jenga

Banned
We should play and alternate between HL2 mods on Sundays. The Hidden, Dystopia, etc. Call it Custom Sundays or something.

Jenga said:
We should play and alternate between HL2 mods on Sundays. The Hidden, Dystopia, etc. Call it Custom Sundays or something.

Dystopia sunday FTW!
Seriously, if you don't have it yet, get it.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Hitokage said:

Yeah I think that was me you got with the USP...But I still had a couple of good rounds :lol

Joe Molotov

MutFox said:
We were thinking of a MOD Wednesday in the Steam Chat.
So GAF could get more into that scene, become more rounded gamers :p

I'd be down for that. I've downloaded several of these mods, but I haven't had a chance to really play them much.

Actually, that was my first time to play Counter Strike if you couldn't tell. :lol

datruth29

Hitokage said:

I found it hilarious when you went straight in the terrorist spawn, gunz blazing, hostages be damned! :lol :lol :lol Took me out twice with that :(

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
datruth29 said:
I found it hilarious when you went straight in the terrorist spawn, gunz blazing, hostages be damned! :lol :lol :lol Took me out twice with that :(
I was DETERMINED to gun that guy's ass down. :lol

MutFox

Banned
sevenchaos said:
I say we rotate between the two. Who's with me?
Yeah, that way everyone is happy :p
Though we should see which one more people show up to.
If one is WAY more popular than the other, we should just stick with that version.

saelz8

Community Update said:
Everyone at Valve extends a big welcome to those of you who joined the Steam Community this week. In just four days, more than 65,000 people created a profile and more than 10,000 groups staked a claim (the largest boasting 1,000 members). Thousands of events, from tournaments to LAN parties, have been scheduled. Needless to say, the Community is thriving.

Your participation is helping us improve the experience and your continued feedback (you are providing feedback, right?) is keeping our design team busy refining and building new features. Stay tuned: tons of new and improved features are on the way.

That largest group is Facepunch Studios (Gmod)

Doytch

Welp, I had fun for my first day playing CS:S, even though I got royally raped that first round on Office, 1-15 :D

aznpxdd

Joe Molotov said:
Actually, that was my first time to play Counter Strike if you couldn't tell. :lol

Yeah I was next to you at T spawn in Office when you tried to nade spam but one of the nades bounced back and boom! :lol :lol

BTW, this is Deltron.

Dot50Cal

Banned
EvenBalance (Punkbuster) response to PB kicking players in BF2 :lol :

This kick is usually caused by one of the following progams running. Disabling them should stop the kick.

Ventrilo Chat Overlay
Team Speak Overlay
DxTweaker
ATI Tray Tools (depends on version)
Game Accelerator (uninstall, then reboot)

If you do not have any of these programs running, open this ticket back up and state what you do have running, especially anything that might be similar to the above.

Fail at reading, heres what I sent the guy:

Hi, Im sure some of you know that Steam Community has just launched its beta. I tried loading BF2 through steam (a new feature?) and within a couple seconds of being in game I'm kicked by Punkbuster.

Steam has a nice overlay that you can access by hitting Shift and Tab, which lets you chat with friends and such. Anyway long story short heres the error I get:

You have been kicked via PunkBuster (for 0 minutes) ...
RESTRICTION: Unknown Windows API Function [131133]

I've only tried this in Special Forces thus far, but this appears to be a general error with any apps that hook into games like Steam Community does.

What I'd like to know is if the PB team and or EA can look into this and possibly fix it? Also are any kicks from this perma-bannable? Thanks.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Dot50Cal said:
EvenBalance (Punkbuster) response to PB kicking players in BF2 :lol :

Fail at reading, heres what I sent the guy:

I just heard about BF2 not being friendly with Steam Community, that royally sucks! ;_; . Hope it gets sorted out somehow.

Lyon

I had a good time playing gaffers. Had a few good rounds and a few funny moments. At one point I was all alone, feeling like a bit of a hero taking down terrorist when I accepted a knife fight only to get immediatley slashed from behind by a bleeping terrorist :(

Top Bottom