• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam curator warns players if Sweet Baby is involved in a game

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

If you want a good laugh, check out this "journalist" 's twitter. If you tried to make an outrageous parody twitter of the most mentally ill delusional narcissistic woke degenerate possible, you'd still fall short of this person's twitter.

This just makes me sick. Now replace "white" in the above tweet with "black" or "asian" or almost literally any other adjective to describe someone's race or ethnicity, see how many ESG points that gets you. She would be fired immediately, but this shit is probably going to hold up to scrutiny for Kotaku.

laynelane

If you want a good laugh, check out this "journalist" 's twitter. If you tried to make an outrageous parody twitter of the most mentally ill delusional narcissistic woke degenerate possible, you'd still fall short of this person's twitter.

Such obvious gaslighting. This does, however, give us a very clear perspective on the article she wrote and why it was so one-sided.

Facism

My skin is white and I've gotten and get plenty of racism. These fucking people think there's only 3 races on the entire planet: White, Asian and Black. No room for nuance, ethnicity or culture. Like it'd probably blow her mind how genetically diverse the continent of Africa is, but she probably thinks it's just "black."

What a fucking monster of a person.

Last edited:

Lions Gate

Banned
Kotaku is on the case guys

And of course...DENIAL :messenger_tears_of_joy:

"Sweet Baby specifically worked on making Angrboda, depicted as a Black character, more relatable to Black audiences despite the game's Norse mythology setting"

Andrew Phung What GIF by Run The Burbs

Last edited:

DaciaJC

Gold Member
I don't use twitter. Tell me she's being dragged through the mud for this?

Like surely community notes are like "yes you can be racist to white people"

Edit: wasn't this the one who was backing up Journos who were threatening Neil druckman? A bunch of woke Journos were threatening him around tloup2 and I'm sure it was this inbred simple jack looking loser who was telling him that because he's white, death threats aren't real or something like that.

I'm not sure about the Druckmann situation, but yes, she's getting eviscerated for that lunacy.

The Kotaku -> ESG connection can be easily made. Just follow the bread crumbs:

From Kotaku's 'about' page:

t0B7ifX.jpg

Kotaku is owned by G/O Media, from their front page:

9BEA0cn.jpg

G/O Media is owned by Great Hill Partners, from their 'values' page:
aAiEvYg.jpg

Their 2022 ESG Report shows to what extent they're willing to go to score with the big boys:

2b1O6F3.jpg

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
"Sweet Baby specifically worked on making Angrboda, depicted as a Black character, more relatable to Black audiences despite the game's Norse mythology setting"

Andrew Phung What GIF by Run The Burbs

‘Hey black folk! We know you too dumb to relate to the crackers, so we done made her a black girl, especially for you!”

The fact they don’t see the bigotry of low expectations here is quite something.

MAKE THINGS WITH NEW CHARACTERS WHO ARE BLACK, YOU LAZY CUNTS.

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Kotaku writer coming in like “hold my beer” I’ll put the chuds in their place.

It’s not a conspiracy when you’re showing people exactly who you are all by yourself.
What really gets me is how unhinged they truly are..

How the fuck are they actually functioning in society?

People look at me weird if I hold a door open for them yet these wankstains are full on racist evil pieces of shit have high paid jobs and followers? Who or what the fuck are these creatures?

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member

"Well, that was Sweet Baby Inc. CEO Kim Belair discussing the necessity of forcing developers to include progressive ideology in their games. Let's get a response from a hateful random Discord user."

Aenima

Im convinced this ppl must live in a paralel universe where racism against white ppl dont actually exist, and somehow they internet reaches this universe. Racism goes in all directions and no race is imune to it. I experienced it multiple times during my teen days when i spent alot of time in the streets in not so frienly zones. But thats to be expected from a kotaku writer with no real life experience and many other videogame publications. Thers a reason no one takes them serious anymore.

Last edited:
‘Hey black folk! We know you too dumb to relate to the crackers, so we done made her a black girl, especially for you!”

The fact they don’t see the bigotry of low expectations here is quite something.

MAKE THINGS WITH NEW CHARACTERS WHO ARE BLACK, YOU LAZY CUNTS.
They don’t want to because then they couldn’t replace famous white characters that they loathe with black counterparts. They want to make sure every form of media favors black characters over anyone else. Reverse racism at its finest.

Gallard

What I find disappointing are the gaming youtubers I watch for news - this gaming interest group grows 200k strong and it's crickets from them. I knew they pedaled the most pedestrian and milquetoast opinions ever - but I was hoping... Looking at you Skillup and Yongyea. Shame!

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
i think their is stuff to fear about companies like Sweet Baby Inc

what if they try to tell Rockstar to change their white male protagonist in GTA 6 to a different race etc. stuff like that or try to get involved with other companies and interfere with their work

i think their is stuff to fear about companies like Sweet Baby Inc

what if they try to tell Rockstar to change their white male protagonist in GTA 6 to a different race etc. stuff like that or try to get involved with other companies and interfere with their work
is rockstar even a client of theirs? although they can still do things like this even without sb.

They don’t want to because then they couldn’t replace famous white characters that they loathe with black counterparts. They want to make sure every form of media favors black characters over anyone else. Reverse racism at its finest

It's racism. Full stop. Not reverse, nor any other fancy word. It may look unimportant, but it really is. We must avoid their perverted language else this game will be played by their rules.

The same with believing these freaks are "confused" or cynical. They are evil scum, nothing less.

After Jaffe got destroyed in 4K 120 Hz, I have been thinking about the overall subject. Listening to Jaffe's position and arguments, I wonder, 'Why do I feel your position is so wrong, and how can I show it in a clear and concise way?

Note: Why am I focusing on Jaffe? Well, because he is at least the only one with enough fortitude to show his face on the internet while trying to defend or be somewhat on the side of a very unpopular opinion on YT and social media. So, im using him as the representation of the purple people´s position as well.

Now, instead making a wall of text i made a simple graphic:
4dyEKD6.jpg

What I see is a lot of people confusing and intermingling concepts and words like 'woke,' diversity, inclusion, and representation, racism etcetera. In doing so, the actual problem gets lost or obfuscated.

To me, it is very clear now. It's not about 'bad writing' or DEI for the sake of it. The real issue is, I guess: the practice of dehumanizing, demonizing, humiliating 'the others.' Yes, it's a culture war, and there are bad actors on both sides. So the issue here is not about being inclusive; it's about using the moniker of 'inclusivity' to introduce your own extremist ideology at the expense of the people you don't like. And that is historically, very dangerous.

So, realizing this, I'm glad organizations like Sweet Baby and those practices are being exposed and brought to the forefront for 'normies' to be aware of. Get Rekt

nush

Gold Member
What I find disappointing are the gaming youtubers I watch for news - this gaming interest group grows 200k strong and it's crickets from them. I knew they pedaled the most pedestrian and milquetoast opinions ever - but I was hoping... Looking at you Skillup and Yongyea. Shame!
Yongyea now does voice acting for videogames, thus benefits from “diversity” so he’s unlikely to call out Sweet Baby and thier ilk.

I don't really see the big deal, just ignore what you don't like and stop sweating the small stuff.

You should be more concerned about revolting streamers, like one I came came across yesterday who referred to Dark Souls as RETRO. Disgusting :messenger_medmask:

The big deal is that they are basically extorting videogame companies to do their bidding. They not only ruin games but they profit off of it. It’s our job to embarrass them, put them out of business and send them back to mommy and daddy’s basement where they belong.

nush

Gold Member
These people are unbelievably dumb. How low of an IQ do you have to have to be stating you can't be racist against white people like it's a fact, missing entirely what rasicm is in the first place. Unbelievable.
That’s the reasoning their echo chambers decided was the correct response when it was pointed out to them that they were actually being racist themselves. They get a rude awakening when they try to apply that logic in the real world,
I see she deleted the Tweet and made her account private, I guess she didn’t research what made this whole thing blow up and did the exact same thing.

Hudo

After Jaffe got destroyed in 4K 120 Hz, I have been thinking about the overall subject. Listening to Jaffe's position and arguments, I wonder, 'Why do I feel your position is so wrong, and how can I show it in a clear and concise way?

Note: Why am I focusing on Jaffe? Well, because he is at least the only one with enough fortitude to show his face on the internet while trying to defend or be somewhat on the side of a very unpopular opinion on YT and social media. So, im using him as the representation of the purple people´s position as well.

Now, instead making a wall of text i made a simple graphic:
4dyEKD6.jpg

What I see is a lot of people confusing and intermingling concepts and words like 'woke,' diversity, inclusion, and representation, racism etcetera. In doing so, the actual problem gets lost or obfuscated.

To me, it is very clear now. It's not about 'bad writing' or DEI for the sake of it. The real issue is, I guess: the practice of dehumanizing, demonizing, humiliating 'the others.' Yes, it's a culture war, and there are bad actors on both sides. So the issue here is not about being inclusive; it's about using the moniker of 'inclusivity' to introduce your own extremist ideology at the expense of the people you don't like. And that is historically, very dangerous.

So, realizing this, I'm glad organizations like Sweet Baby and those practices are being exposed and brought to the forefront for 'normies' to be aware of. Get Rekt
What tool did you use for that graphic?

StueyDuck

Banned
Looking at you Skillup and Yongyea. Shame!
I said it in another thread but skillup is part of the cult now. He's ingrained with the San Fran Journos now.

It's why I can't watch his content anymore. He's just another one with them.

I didn't watch much Yong besides some death stranding vids way back when but I imagine it's very much the same.

The cycle is that you become popular, publishers provide you with free stuff but then eventually they start coercing you towards the dei esg side and join the San Fran crowd or lose all your support altogether.

Most of these influencers flop like a wet towel and just become another one of them.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
These people are unbelievably dumb. How low of an IQ do you have to have to be stating you can't be racist against white people like it's a fact, missing entirely what rasicm is in the first place. Unbelievable.

It's a feature of Critical Race Theory: racism is structural, systemic, an act of the majority against the minorities. Therefore minorities can't be racist by definition, only prejudiced.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member

We know what we need to do..

LyZmAqZ.jpg

Jokes aside though. A lot of this crazy shite we see since 2012 has weirdly been in line with CERN 👀

As for SBI. These vultures will be swept under the rug and/or fired. Then a new bunch will show up with some other gaudy name. 'Tangy diapers co' or some guff.

Rinse repeat. This stuff isn't going anywhere for a while in any form of media, sadly.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Jokes aside though. A lot of this crazy shite we see since 2012 has weirdly been in line with CERN

You do know that more powerful collsions happen in our atmosphere right? CERN works in teraelectronvolts (12 zeros) while we get daily colisions in our atmosphere at 17 zeros.

Can we leave the conspiranoia and focus on the problem which is shitty writing in videogames?

Last edited:
Top Bottom