• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Asgaro

has anyone played mountain

it's like 33% off one dollar

i feel like at that price i should try it but i don't want to waste my time

(I know this is an answer to a very old post, but I had this post bookmarked since I didn't have time to respond when I saw it.)

I did.

And it's like a screensaver that you can mildly interact with, like everyone has been saying.
The thing is: there is nothing wrong with that. It's depends on the person.

Let me explain:
I have been looking for games I can keep running while studying/working.
This game provides this. You can for example let it run on a second window, or run it on your main window by using extra software to keep it always on top.
It's quite deep in the sense that certain things only happen after a veeery long time.
All you have to do is let the situation run it's course.

Another genre of games that can provide this "gaming while being productive"?
- "idle games" (If you don't know it, look it up. It's a specific gaming genre.)
- turn based games like Civilization. You can take a turn, then work, a new turn, etc.
- tamagotchi's (I've been looking for a tamagotchi game that runs on your Windows PC. If anyone has any ideas let me know!)

The key element in all the above games?
You are being productive while at the same time accomplishing things by playing games.
Of course, you also accomplish this by studying/working lol, but it's different.

guys

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=955066

The developers of Ethan: Meteor Hunter did a sales analysis of the game for the last year and they revealed that 1.2% of revenue was earned through Steam Trading Cards.

http://www.seaven-studio.com/ethan-meteor-hunter-the-loosy-indie-platformer-who-sold-100-000-units/

I wish more developers included that info since I want to know how much trading cards make for titles that sold more.

already posted this there :p

Vastag

I have been a bit out of the loop the last week. With the new changes, can the games bought on neuvem still be activated in Europe? and the ones bought on amazon.com?

SSPssp

I have been a bit out of the loop the last week. With the new changes, can the games bought on neuvem still be activated in Europe? and the ones bought on amazon.com?

Yeah, Nuuvem mostly sells ROW keys that will work in Europe. If its region-locked, there will be a warning. (They also have support staff that speak english in case something goes wrong.)

Top Bottom