• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

dex3108

So i tried to buy Hitman: Blood Money from Amazon and guess what it didn't work for the first time. (I am from EU)

We're writing to let you know that the payment for the item listed below has been declined. The issuing bank may have declined the charge if the name, expiration date, or ZIP Code you entered does not exactly match the bank's information. There is no need to place a new order as we will automatically try your selected payment method again.*

Knurek

Don't you mean DS3? Isn't DS2 the PS2 controller?

DS2, I have a PS2 stashed someplace in the house. Still the best console Sony ever did.
Also, a DS2 is a great thing to have - works amazing for 2D games/emulators - no need to faff with triggers in them.
Pity they don't produce them anymore.
DS3 sucked badly.

Do you know how easy it is to switch the ds4 from being paired to the PC and to a PS4?

No idea, sorry, don't have a console, heck, I don't have a Bluetooth adapter, using Kindle's miniUSB cable. :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Damn, just finished Alien Isolation along with all of the DLC released so far, took 18 hours, it flew by! o_O

All I can recall are tiny fragments, but I know I had a really, really, really weird dream about Alien: Isolation last night, which was made all the more strange by the fact I've never played it (shocking, I know).

Alright guys, so what's the deal with buying games - we buy if it's a Community Deal or 12hr deals or Featured Deals?

Yes. Also remember that the featured deal discount generally also applies to other games in a franchise, with the exception of a particularly recent release. DLC is also generally discounted by the same amount, but this seems to be growing less and less true as time marches on.

DS2, I have a PS2 stashed someplace in the house. Still the best console Sony ever did.
Also, a DS2 is a great thing to have - works amazing for 2D games/emulators - no need to faff with triggers in them.
Pity they don't produce them anymore.
DS3 sucked badly.

The hell? I have DS1s and DS2s that I don't use, should I be using those on my PC instead of DS3? I think I have a USB adapter for DS2 but does it even work with the SCP Drivers to emulate a 360 controller in Windows?

Alright guys, so what's the deal with buying games - we buy if it's a Community Deal or 12hr deals or Featured Deals?

ibcjmupyJN7Qy1.gif

Speevy

Banned
All I can recall are tiny fragments, but I know I had a really, really, really weird dream about Alien: Isolation last night, which was made all the more strange by the fact I've never played it (shocking, I know).

Even though it starts with the letter A, I'm shocked you could find it in your library.

KtSlime

Konami won't hear you at all. They did good things on pricing Rising and Castlevania games, as soon as they saw high sales for Rising, and due to the hype for GZ, they used the 1:1 conversion, so thanks Europe, see you later.

They have decided to rip off yen users as well, but not as badly as those of the euro, so I feel your pain a bit.

Deitus

To be fair to Ubisoft, that isn't for all AC: Unity customers, only people who are redeeming a free game as part of Ubisoft's make good program for AC Unity.

"No lawsuit" clauses are still disgusting, and this is no exception. But if you want the ability to sue Ubisoft, you could always not accept the free game, which would honestly be the ethical thing to do anyway. It's not like when Valve did it, and locked access to your existing game library if you refused to sign.

Chariot

lmao, I am so bad at Metal Gear. I was like "Hey, nice intro, I'm going to stealth this shit like a pro. Then the first searchlight immediately got me and I was forced to kill tons of soldiers which is on normal incredibly easy. So I just slaughter me a bit. Not finished yet, since a friend asked me to lol, but I am super bad at this stealth thing :,D

lmao, I am so bad at Metal Gear. I was like "Hey, nice intro, I'm going to stealth this shit like a pro. Then the first searchlight immediately got me and I was forced to kill tons of soldiers which is on normal incredibly easy. So I just slaughter me a bit. Not finished yet, since a friend asked me to lol, but I am super bad at this stealth thing :,D

Oh dear :D I won't be surprised if this is me, either - will need some practice to get used to it.

Phawx

My Let's Play of Axiom Verge Preview 2 (this will be on Steam next year):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkxOOuyo-a0

Quick Impressions:

The Let's Play isn't that long, only 10 minutes of additional footage (I didn't start from the beginning) but most importantly it shows off the "Address Disruptor" which allows you to glitch enemies or corrupted areas. A few examples is that you can glitch floating NPCs to turn them into terrain so that you can hover upwards or those giant hearts that spawn birds, will instead spawn health. Also there is another boss in this preview and it just further makes me appreciate the pixel art.​

My Let's Play of The Sun and Moon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea0XFro4LFc

Quick Impressions:

(Like a fool, I completely forgot this game won LD29 and when I mention it in my LP, I casually bring it up as one of the highlights of LD29. /sigh.) At it's core, The Sun and Moon is a solid platformer. The twist on the mechanics of polarizing the platforms and equipping them with reversed gravity is where things start to shine. But perhaps most importantly is the ingenuity of the level design, I mention it once in my LP, there is a point when there is just a series of simple platforms and it, from the onset, looks extremely straight forward. But the nuance of the platforms perfectly being placed doesn't become apparent until you serially step through the level.

I kind of feel like this is in some way an allegory to how some people can see deeper meaning in... paintings for example. I've always scoffed at people who look for deeper meaning in, well, anything really. I subscribe to Occam's razor and generally do not like making things complex when instead there can be a simple answer. That's not saying the answer can't be difficult or seemingly impossible to do. I digress, but I'm trying to elaborate on why I like The Sun and Moon. Careful brush-strokes, precise placement of platforms. It is like if you could take the word "platformer" as it's applied to video games and use The Sun and Moon as an example of the word.

Definitely check it out. Solid looped music accompanies the experience.​

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
That is one really long multi-quote reply.
Nah, I've done longer :p
The one I was going to do before I lost the quotes was *far* longer :D

Jesus fecking christ X05, that's the longest one in a while
Yeah, and this one only goes back ~20 pages!

fucking hell x05.
:D

Someone should do a multi quote post that quotes every post in the topic.

Edit: Please teams again. The whining was glorious.
You can't, because there are character limits per post D:

Yeah seriously, holy goddamn
I'm here to serve.

My budget may have taken a $500 hit so I'm not as excited as I was just half an hour ago.

He's the only other remaining member of the "Saoirse Army". :( I think Panda said something the other day about his current avatar being temporary, though.

Disable the FlyVPN network adapter.
Damn, something bad happen?
Also, Classy was perma'd right?

Wtf x05? hahaha
I like to read the thread, probably one of the few that actually does :p

I love X05s post.
Because he kept the GIF.
I keep all the important stuff!

Way cool.
dealwithit.gif

Gah, don't make me remember that.
Hahaha, I only remember it because it was the part I stood up and ejected the disc from the PS3.

Daily Deal: 80% off.
Oh shit, bought!

Kept you waiting huh
JIejsLh.png
I'm surprised they went with 33%, I was expecting like 20% at most.

I am here for the Steam sale pre-hype.

Also, I still believe in DRAGON THE GAME, unlike Ozium the Betrayer.
I'll eventually get that game.
Also, it'd be pretty awesome to everyone here to have such titles or names, like "JaseC the Collector" or "Morningbus The Sam Worshiper".

Why, why!
Because Konami.

Spiderman 2 is one of the things I want the most this sale, what was the discount? 50% I imagine? :(
I want it too, I was going to get it through PutinLand but was holding off :(

God steam, opinionated much?

jDInrojvhXE4.png
It's just expressing what we all feel about recent developments like the locking.

2 cards a day vs 1 card a day. Twice as many.
1 card a day now and then, since it used to be 3 votes = 1 card, and votes were every 8 hours.

I assume the Tales series will see a Steam port before Gundam VS does due to the established market. I'm also waiting on the rest of the Ace Combat series to come to PC.
Tales of I guess is eventually coming, Gundam I doubt it due to licensing and because stupidity (Rise of the Imperfects is being made to fit "western tastes" or "because EXVS is too difficult for foreigners" or some high level bullshit of the sort)

A guy outbid me the last second, now have 22,000 spare gems. Ah well, hope there's a use for them in the future. Now to Winter Sales!
Booster packs, booster packs everywhere?

lol 40%? fuck you acti

my wishlist discounts are depressing, most are low as shit meaning even if they get dailies it will be like 50% at best. theres always the summer I guess
It'll be 66% off if it wins!

Woho! New internet! New PC! New game!

No time :(

1vls7q.png
Damn, that's some sweet speed there!

no regular discount on Valkyria Chronicles does not bode well for a daily :/

dleZ2Bf.png

probably what I was hoping for the most

and it was $7.5 in russia. blargh

Buy Civilization V GOTY now or wait?
Is it a daily/flash deal???
Yes it is, get it now

Went in there.

Someone is asking if DS2 will become cheaper.

Went back here, will never leave again.
Guess there is something positive about keeping the threads separate then!

this thread is remaining open? awesome. Guess I don't have to wander into that cesspool Sale thread
I haven't even checked that one out yet.

Since Beyond Birth is a daily, so is Civ V. So make like N* Sync and buy buy buy.
FFFFUUUUUUU---
Now I got that stupid song stuck in my head :(

Portuguese.
Brazilian Portuguese.

portuguese. You can somewhat read it with spanish tho
Yeah, but you have to really have your vocabulary clear, as several similar words have different meaning (vassoura/basura is my favorite example :p)

portuzilian
That sounds like something Godzilla would fight.

I wish you and corrosivefrost all the luck in the world.
DAMN
#dead

Here I am!

Vote now shows the correct discounts, 66% for the winner.

Neverending Nightmares deserves every sale but since I own it and we know about Activicion and licensed games I went with Spider-Man.

Also finally got my last won game.
Yeah, same reason I want it, although IIRC the ASM games were under a different contract than say, the Deadpool one.

oh god Sportsfriends is coming to Steam tomorrow how did I not know thisssssssssss
Maybe if you put down your 3DS every now and then...

if only they sold friends on steam too
Weren't there rumors about Steam having movies and TV shows?
It might happen!

I mean IRL friends to play sportsfriends with you cuntbags get away from me
Yes, yes, let's ignore we are like, 10 blocks apart.
Bastard.
:(

As if his parents didn't already try.
#deadeadead

Man, you are on fire today!

Also, strange, but Carpe Fulgur games aren't on sale this time.

Recettear-Capitalism.png
They haven't been on sale for a while now, no idea why.

Not Tradable, Not Marketable
Makes no sense, doesn't the thing expire as well?

I wonder if This War of Mine will get a further discount than the 15%. That's the highest discount it have gotten yet.
Just wait, it might or not.

Weird to see people not holding off on Dark Souls 2. Don't see a reason to jump in with the remasted edition coming soon.
Depends, is it going to be a separate entry on the library or the same one?

Well at least the "upto 4k support" was a load of marketing guff.
Expected as much, maybe the guys at PR didn't know how much 4k actually is :p

Lost Planet: Extreme Condition is 80% OFF in case someone is interested. The others are not on such a nice price, however.

Lost Planet: Extreme Condition
Colonies Edition and 2 are GFWL with no plans for removal IIRC, so they haven't been on sale for a while now (SFIV too).

ARES Extinction Agenda EX shows 33% on my wishlist, but on the sotre page its actually 83% off
You have the original game, I used the same discount last sale I think, comes off real cheap.

Squenix catalog sale on Amazon 50-80% off

Get Anachronox, Murdered, Sleepydogs, the Thief trilogy and Tomb Raiders if you don't have them yet =p
Listen to this man!
Gonna buy Murdered from there.

Do you know how easy it is to switch the ds4 from being paired to the PC and to a PS4?

I've tried using an xbox one controller for both x one and PC, but every time I want to use it on the x one again, I have to plug it into the xbox via usb for it to work again. I want to use one controller and not have to get off of my ass.
Once you pair it with your PC, to re-pair it with the PS4 you have to plug it in. To go back to PC the PS4 has to be off (and probably far away so it doesn't turn on when pressing the PS button).
It can be a bit annoying, but barely.

Aren't we due for a new thread?
Yes, and posted already
posting this fast because I don't want to lose the quotes!

So i tried to buy Hitman: Blood Money from Amazon and guess what it didn't work for the first time. (I am from EU)
Just use a valid US address as your billing address.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Top Bottom