• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Arthea

so, about those coupons, they seem to be regional or tied to account, I'm still not sure, if someone from EU wants one, you are free to have it and test if it works

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 50% OFF
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris with Season Pass 33% OFF
FINAL FANTASY III 50% OFF

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hmm that Ubi free game for the AC season pass seems to have given me a Steam key. Is there anyway to test it without using the key to make sure it's a steam key and not a Uplay key?

It's a Steam key. You'll see "STEAM" directly below the key, plus Uplay keys are either XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX or XXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX depending on how old the game is versus XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX for Steam.

Colin.

Probably been posted already, but the Square Enix Christmas box turned out to be pretty good value for £5.

Thief
The Last Remnant
Murdered: Soul Suspect
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Deus Ex - The Fall
Nosgoth Founders - Warlord Pack

Two more games than last year, and the only game I had already was Last Remnant. Better than I expected to be honest.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is there an enhanced steam port for Safari?

Nope, sorry. I was working on one about a year ago, but it turns out that Safari doesn't support cross domain communication in it's extensions like Chrome, Firefox, and Opera do. Since Steam exists on two different domains, that's kind important.

dex3108

yo dex!

i ordered google vr cardboard after seeing your posts and our talk.

so giddy. hopefully i'll be able to play older pc fps that way :D

Hell Yeah! Who needs Oculus Rift when we have Cardboard xD

Regarding that Wishlist on front page i think that this is first time i have seen it there :D

Darkroronoa

Probably been posted already, but the Square Enix Christmas turned out to be pretty good value for £5.

Thief
The Last Remnant
Murdered: Soul Suspect
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Deus Ex - The Fall
Nosgoth Founders - Warlord Pack

Two more games than last year, and the only game I had already was Last Remnant. Better than I expected to be honest.

Wow, this is really good.

real shitty that crusader kings 2 is still so expensive
and after some research having the main dlcs is heavily recommended
but there's a little problem
nda7i7b.png
game is about 3 years old
doesn't look promising

same goes for europa universalis iv
main dlcs add lots of functionality
wonder how paradox' games keep so steady while most other games get a lot cheaper much faster

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ARES Extinction Agenda EX shows 33% on my wishlist, but on the sotre page its actually 83% off

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I remember getting a retail copy on the cheap years ago from Amazon.de (by accident). Maybe they still have stock.

Looks like new copies are selling for 9 Eurobucks (factoring in shipping), which doesn't save me much. I think I'll just wait until it's a Daily again -- the game's not going anywhere.

Speevy

Banned
So guys...I have about 20 games ready to go for my giveaway.

Would you rather I curate specific dailies throughout the event and do one at the end, or look for good 75% or so off deals and do them all now?

ARES Extinction Agenda EX shows 33% on my wishlist, but on the sotre page its actually 83% off

You probably own the old ARES version in your library, giving it a bonus 50% discount.

EDIT: You should totz gift me that, if you're from my region. I would kindly reimburse. =]

So guys...I have about 20 games ready to go for my giveaway.

Would you rather I curate specific dailies throughout the event and do one at the end, or look for good 75% or so off deals and do them all now?

half and half? :p

EDIT: Oh, if you have 20 already, then I guess that's the same answer as "wait?"

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You probably own the old ARES version in your library, giving it a bonus 50% discount.

EDIT: You should totz gift me that, if you're from my region. I would kindly reimburse. =]

youre not on my friends list, I can only assume because you are a terrible person

Speevy

Banned
half and half? :p

EDIT: Oh, if you have 20 already, then I guess that's the same answer as "wait?"

I mean I have picked 20 games, but I could choose different games and have a sort of "best of" giveaway.

In other words, if I do it now it's going to be more smaller games with huge discounts, as opposed to bigger games with daily discounts at the end.

ModBot said:
Instructions for crimsonheadGCN:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (crimsonheadGCN, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hero Academy -- MB-53D97317DD8E2DEA - Taken by snack. 7 entrants total.

t1418947720z1.png

Enjoy.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Note to self, get more servers for the next sale.

I always make this note, always get more, and am always disappointed when they catch fire

fantomena

Something is wrong with the download speed. Can't get over 1.1 MB. Usually I have 3-6 MB in speed.

Edit: Switched download server. Better.

Ruruja

doesn't look promising

wonder how paradox' games keep so steady while most other games get a lot cheaper much faster

Most of that DLC is cosmetic and not needed. You only need a couple of expansion DLCs for each (like Old Gods for CK2) and they're not that expensive. You can grab them on sale quite often at places like GamersGate and GMG.

Lomax

doesn't look promising

Crusader Kings II was the midweek deal... yesterday.

Purkake4

Banned
Most of that DLC is cosmetic and not needed. You only need a couple of expansion DLCs for each (like Old Gods for CK2) and they're not that expensive. You can grab them on sale quite often at places like GamersGate and GMG.
And the value per hour played is well worth it. The full pack was like 36€ when CK2 was 75% off which was totally worth it IMO.

Turfster

Squenix catalog sale on Amazon 50-80% off

Get Anachronox, Murdered, Sleepydogs, the Thief trilogy and Tomb Raiders if you don't have them yet =p

yeah. i looked at all dlc and none of the cosmetic/music ones i care tbh.

but even only the main/story/campaign dlc are a lot

Top Bottom