• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

The_Monk

I am. hopefully its only an hour long. gotta go to sleep at 10pm for work tomorrow.

Some people mentioned around 2 hours in the main thread, not sure if true, however since I haven't been able to keep with the latest (yet I know Bad Rats 2 is coming)

Most likely.

I'm probably not, been having some awful issue trying to sleep so I'll hopefully be sleeping. If I'm awake I'll check it out though,

That's too bad, hope you can improve your sleep issues, let me know if I can help. Boa sorte!

Bad Rats 2 better not be ported to consoles. Its our centerpiece.

That pigeon game is going to be on console I think!

After 4 hours of Arkham Asylum, I can say that while its a great game, City has it beat everywhere. Especially in the menu department lol.

But I am enjoying it a lot.

Depends on which genre you enjoy more: MetroidVania or open world.
Since City released at a time when the market was full of open world games, plenty of people, myself included, liked Asylum a lot more than City.

dani_dc

Well we did get Dark Souls II a few years ago.

Did we get any good announcements last year?

That's too bad, hope you can improve your sleep issues, let me know if I can help. Boa sorte!

Obrigado!
For some reason I'm unable to sleep over 2 hours at night, I only manage to sleep more if it's during the day... which isn't usually feasible as you might imagine.

Dr Dogg

In a world where Wasteland 2 exists who needs Fallout 4. I think at this rate after New Vegas the only Fallout I would like to see is what Van Buren would have been like.

Haha, the plan was to post in no uncertain terms how Steam handles third-party DRM via Family Sharing, but, well, I gave up.

Yes, that's right, I can upload at a greater speed than I can download. Thanks, Telstra.

Hahaha fair enough. Also your interwebs is worse than mine now and I know how awful mine is so ouch is all I can say.

Ruruja

Everytime someone types vgas I keep thinking they're mistyping vegas, doesn't help that it's hosted there. Isn't it TGA anyway?

Maniac

Banned
Haha, the plan was to post in no uncertain terms how Steam handles third-party DRM via Family Sharing, but, well, I gave up.

Yes, that's right, I can upload at a greater speed than I can download. Thanks, Telstra.
I'm in Denmark and your upload is higher than mine has been all day. Don't know what's up, but atleast I'll have speed-guarantee come january.

... On a 90/90mbit fiber. So once it's january, I'll oficially take pity on you :/

Also how the heck do I have 2k more hours played than you? My account is like 4 years younger, and like 1k games less. Jase, you gotta play just a bit of your games! :p
I'm late, but here.

Cheers love. Does this work for iPods aswell? All I have is an iPod touch, otherwise I'm full-on android.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hahaha fair enough. Also your interwebs is worse than mine now and I know how awful mine is so ouch is all I can say.

You laugh, but it's even worse now!

Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps): 726
Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps): 288

28.8 kilobytes per second. If I had the means to time travel back to 1994, I could blow some minds.

Lain

Jhjb.png

Steam knows I like them big. Too bad I also like them well drawn.

Won a key for Run or Die. The game feels challenging but fun and I need to learn to use the skills provided better in order to advance. The quick restart makes sucking like I did be les of an annoyance, since you can get back into the game right away or, in case you don't like the starting skills, a quick way to restart right away.

Maniac

Banned
-SFV exclusive for PS4 and PC. Super werid in all ways. Hate bought exclusivity. Only hurts people. At first those who don't own a specific platform. But there's more. I fear that stuff like this perpetually brings more and more exclusivity "deals". As one company feels the need to pamper its owners for having stuff only for their own too. And what's a faster way than outright buying? Whether timed or full. Investing in first-party studios is such a hassle after all. -_-
Look on the bright side, for once those damned petty console-wars aren't hurting us. Which is as much a surprise to me as it is to most everyone else. I usually do prefer when MS moneyhats a 3rd-party, because they tend to arrive on the PC more often than not, whereas this is one of the only cases I've ever seen where that's been the case with Sony.

Honestly, if Sony was better at intra-department work and sharing, they'd not be in such a bad spot as they are right now. Their games catalogue could've saved their PC business times ten, really. Same goes for music & their cellphones / walkmen, their movies / series & TV...
Hah, I fucking nailed it when I said that the "big changes" they mentioned for the first half of 2015 would be Sauce 2 for Doto. Fucking called it. Also really happy with it, because it has incredible performance boosts even in a rough, barely ported form.

Trying really hard not to bite on Dragon Age Inquisition. I've been craving a huge RPG lately. But it's been so long since I've paid 50+ for a game :c

Lomax

In a world where Wasteland 2 exists who needs Fallout 4. I think at this rate after New Vegas the only Fallout I would like to see is what Van Buren would have been like.

Is Wasteland 2 really that good? There never seemed to be that much buzz after the "official" release, unlike Divinity which really developed the big following once it was done.

user237

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Sweet Lily Dreams -- MB-E8CA0C30646355FE - Taken by neotokyo360
KnightShift -- MB-F1235FB4DBABB678 - Taken by Scipius

please, take both

Grief.exe

Trying really hard not to bite on Dragon Age Inquisition. I've been craving a huge RPG lately. But it's been so long since I've paid 50+ for a game :c

CRPG: Divinity, Wasteland 2, Shadowrun Dragonfall
SRPG: Valkyria Chronicles
Souls: Dark Souls Steamworks, Lords of the Fallen, Dark Souls II DLC

EDIT: Seems you have played these already.

Is Wasteland 2 really that good? There never seemed to be that much buzz after the "official" release, unlike Divinity which really developed the big following once it was done.

For my two cents, after clocking in 100+ hours in Divinity, then playing Wasteland 2, it leaves a lot to be desired. Wasteland 2 doesn't even come close to how well done Divinity was. But I nabbed it for like $10, so it's worth it at that price, I'd imagine I'd be a little livid had I bought it at full price. It's a fun time, but it doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Divinity OS. And honestly? Wasteland 2 makes me want a new Fallout even more.

CRPG: Divinity, Wasteland 2, Shadowrun Dragonfall
SRPG: Valkyria Chronicles

Own , own and don't care for, own and should probably get back into and own on PS3 but will double-dip at sub $10

: s

Maniac

Banned
It's huge alright, but it's not very good. It's... Well, 'alright'. It's got nothing on DA:O, it's not even as good as DA2 in a great deal of aspects, especially the quests. It's basically a boring singleplayer MMO. Side-stuff just isn't worth doing. And we don't like Origin here in SteamGAF, mind. :p

If you need a big RPG... Play Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, The Witcher 1 or 2, Gothic... Just... Don't waste that much money on something that mediocre. I'd rather recommend WoW or even an inferior MMO.
For my two cents, after clocking in 100+ hours in Divinity, then playing Wasteland 2, it leaves a lot to be desired. Wasteland 2 doesn't even come close to how well done Divinity was. But I nabbed it for like $10, so it's worth it at that price, I'd imagine I'd be a little livid had I bought it at full price. It's a fun time, but it doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Divinity OS. And honestly? Wasteland 2 makes me want a new Fallout even more.

Own , own and don't care for, own and should probably get back into and own on PS3 but will double-dip at sub $10

: s
You don't care for Wasteland 2? If it's due to the writing, you'll hate DA:I. :p

It's huge alright, but it's not very good. It's... Well, 'alright'. It's got nothing on DA:O, it's not even as good as DA2 in a great deal of aspects, especially the quests. It's basically a boring singleplayer MMO. Side-stuff just isn't worth doing. And we don't like Origin here in SteamGAF, mind. :p

If you need a big RPG... Play Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, The Witcher 1 or 2, Gothic... Just... Don't waste that much money on something that mediocre. I'd rather recommend WoW or even an inferior MMO.You don't care for Divinity? If it's due to the writing, you'll hate DA:I. :p

No, god no, I loved Divinity. I played the entire thing co-op with my ex when we were still together
-breaks down and cries-

Wasteland 2 is the one i meant as being completely dreadful

edit*

Skyrim is terribly boring to me. Plus, I love using a controller over mouse and keyboard, and I'd hop on Guild Wars 2 (which is $20 right now) if I could manage to get some kinda gamepad support going.

Terra_Ex

It has great writing, good gameplay (not the godlike implementation of combat Divinity has but it's still great), it's still a little rough around the edges so to speak, I don't think that will ever change and is part of its charm really. It's pretty close to what I'd imagine a modern take on classic Fallout would look, albeit with a slightly wackier world. Definitely worth a shot if you like the genre, I think D:OS simply came together a little bit better in terms of the final product, but hey, even with the resurgence of the genre, we're still not exactly swimming in quality, proper, crpgs so give it a chance.

Lomax

Yeah, that's kinda what the general impression seemed to be. I'm definitely more interested in Divinity than Wasteland 2 but I already have so many RPGs sitting unplayed that it will probably be years before I bother picking up either.

zkylon

zkylewd

i find it a bit too annoying in some aspects with like inventory management and fucking de-boobytrapping everything in like 17 different ways but it had a shit ton of promise

i find divinity to be super annoying too but a lot more manageable

in general i think these old school rpgs should've analyzed the games they were inspired by instead of just copying them

there's solution to these problems, they just didn't bother looking for them (or at least if they did it doesn't show in the final game)

Hanzou

Divinity is cheap in Russia . anybody seen it sold for like 5 keys or a similar amount in paypal dollars? The new rules have killed key trading.

Maniac

Banned
No, god no, I loved Divinity. I played the entire thing co-op with my ex when we were still together
-breaks down and cries-

Wasteland 2 is the one i meant as being completely dreadful

edit*

Skyrim is terribly boring to me. Plus, I love using a controller over mouse and keyboard, and I'd hop on Guild Wars 2 (which is $20 right now) if I could manage to get some kinda gamepad support going.
Fucking juniors and their gamepads... Eurgh. L2PCMasterracepls. :p

Although that's understandable, I suppose. Although I can't imagine playing GW2 with a gamepad :p

And my bad. Still, if it's writing you're after, DA:I is not gonna satisfy you, that's for sure. gameplay wise it's also a step down from previous reincarnations, regardless of whether you want an action-y gamepad style game or a baldurs gate-esque game. Aaaand the world building isn't great either. Especially the cities. Man, fuck the cities in DAI.

You two need to git gud and start modding ;)
i'll ask again
how to unlock 60 FPS in split/second ?

You don't.
i find it a bit too annoying in some aspects with like inventory management and fucking de-boobytrapping everything in like 17 different ways but it had a shit ton of promise

i find divinity to be super annoying too but a lot more manageable

in general i think these old school rpgs should've analyzed the games they were inspired by instead of just copying them

there's solution to these problems, they just didn't bother looking for them (or at least if they did it doesn't show in the final game)

I personally think Divinity did really, really well in the aspect of improving oldschool CRPGs. It's modernised in a good way. A lot of the jank has been cut out and I really think it strikes a really good balance between oldschool and modern.

Top Bottom