• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Hanzou

Is there a place I can look to see if a game is shareable through family sharing before buying it, looking at the steamdb for example? My brother has a gaming computer now so for single player games him or I buying a game once makes a lot of sense. I know some games don't allow it, for example does far cry 3 allow it or does the uplay prevent this?

Grief.exe

Is there a place I can look to see if a game is shareable through family sharing before buying it, looking at the steamdb for example? My brother has a gaming computer now so for single player games him or I buying a game once makes a lot of sense. I know some games don't allow it, for example does far cry 3 allow it or does the uplay prevent this?

Uplay blocks family share.

SteamDB is the easiest place to check on that, though Enhanced Steam might have something for you.

cURRENtly playing Final Fantasy XIII and am trying to see if the game can keep its 60 FPS performance. I've set my broadcast so anyone can watch so you should be able to see it from here
http://steamcommunity.com/id/tizoc789/
Click on 'watch game on the right'.

For those that can't watch, how is the performance?

Jørdan

I just sent my papers in so I am now a Engineer so have some games:

Congrats! Thanks for the giveaway.

builddispenserhere.bmp

D3RANG3D

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Desura key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (D3RANG3D, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Chompy Chomp Chomp -- MB-C6EDF9DA9F8ADCF3 - Taken by Htown

I'm the happiest person right now, just won Hatoful Boyfriend
sorry everyone else who entered, thanks Toki!
and River Plate won the Sudamericana (that last part doesn't really belong here, but I had to do it, sorry)
Fake edit: oh, and Nvidia sent me a code to download an Ubi game for getting a new card 10 days ago, this day is going to be amazing.
Time to enjoy my first VN.

bigzgod

Enhanced Steam will usually give a warning if a game is blocked, though there are some games that stealth block Family Share. For example, apparently Activision blocked Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare retail versions from being shared but not AW copies bought from the Steam Store.

As a general rule, if there's a third party DRM involved, it's blocked from family share.

Just read his last post

A few things here:

(1) Not sure why Tizoc is asking Durante to fix the performance of FFXIII on his machine, Durante usually fixes graphics options...
(2) Grief was unclear regarding what performance he was curious about... I could see several things Grief might've been asking about here - Steam streaming performance, FFXIII-2 performance, FFXIII post-patch performance. Tizoc would only be able to answer the last one, I think -- which is what you assumed Grief was asking. Besides, we have no idea what specs Tizoc has at the moment either.

Anteater

A few things here:

(1) Not sure why Tizoc is asking Durante to fix the performance of FFXIII on his machine, Durante usually fixes graphics options...
(2) Grief was unclear regarding what performance he was curious about... I could see several things Grief might've been asking about here - Steam streaming performance, FFXIII-2 performance, FFXIII post-patch performance. Tizoc would only be able to answer the last one, I think -- which is what you assumed Grief was asking. Besides, we have no idea what specs Tizoc has at the moment either.

Grief was asking for post-patch performance, he talked about patch earlier in this thread.

I'm directing him to Tizoc's post because the patch doesn't do anything to the performance. It'll run bad once you get to Lake Bresha.

Jawmuncher

Good News?

From Stumpokapow
Hey. You actually might need to ask another moderator. I've been very busy in real life for a little while and wasn't really part of the discussion about moving the thread to Community so I'm also not sure what the plan is for sales--or if there even is one. I don't think it'd be a problem to keep both open personally, but then I also don't 100% know what the decision they came to on community threads in general was.

I'll CC Nirolak on this PM and hopefully he can give you a satisfactory answer.

If I hear nothing i'll pm him directly.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Anyone know when the winter sale cards will start dropping, they're usually a few days before the sale right?

Last year I think they showed up a few weeks before the sale started. At this point, I'll be surprised if there is a meta game involving cards. If there is, they'll probably show up the day of.

Beelzebubs

Last year I think they showed up a few weeks before the sale started. At this point, I'll be surprised if there is a meta game involving cards. If there is, they'll probably show up the day of.

Okay thanks. I decided it was a good idea to stockpile a bunch of badges ready to craft for when those cards hit as they sell for stupid prices on the first day usually.

Good News?

From Stumpokapow
Hey. You actually might need to ask another moderator. I've been very busy in real life for a little while and wasn't really part of the discussion about moving the thread to Community so I'm also not sure what the plan is for sales--or if there even is one. I don't think it'd be a problem to keep both open personally, but then I also don't 100% know what the decision they came to on community threads in general was.

I'll CC Nirolak on this PM and hopefully he can give you a satisfactory answer.

If I hear nothing i'll pm him directly.

Depends on if you want to be rid of me for a few weeks or not.

If you want to keep me around during the sale, you have a glimmer of hope, it seems. :3

Turfster

Humble Iceberg bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Nuclear Dawn
  • The Lost Crown
  • Star Ruler
  • Blades of Time LE
TIER 2: BTA
  • StarDrive
  • Horizon
  • Gas Guzzlers Extreme
TIER 3: 25$
  • Starpoint Gemini 2

Knurek

Curious for how long FFXIII-2 will show Mostly Positive for reviews...
Unfixed FFXIII framepacing issues plus all new sound issues, if one follows the OT/forums...

//EDIT
Oh, FFS, Square... FFXIII-2 cannot be found in the top sellers list for EU2 (FFXIII had the same thing).

One day I will stop getting Nuclear Dawn confused with Nuclear Throne. I always get excited for a minutes before realizing when it shows up in bundles.

Lomax

Stardrive for $3 seems worth the buy, it seems to have a solid following. Nuclear Dawn has to be approaching the record for game most bundled by HB though.

Top Bottom