• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

rickyson1

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (rickyson1, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition -- MB-797BD6F21B97965B - Taken by nja

bought the bundle and already had Asylum

shit , steam winter sales is next week and i am still not recovered yet from the last one

Spending money on the Autumn sale.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Surely Night Dive must be slowly running out of good DOS era games to re-release by now?
I mean, what are we missing exactly? Legend Entertainment games, but most of these used licensed IPs, and as such would be quite hard to secure... What else, Dark Heart of Uukrul? I don't think that one would sell, certainly didn't when it was released. :]

There's the ever-elusive original System Shock!

Cth

New BundleStars bundle: Batman Complete Bundle for $9.99
http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/batman-complete-bundle/
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition
  • Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year Edition
  • Batman: Arkham Origins
  • Batman: Arkham Origins: Season Pass - DLC
  • Batman: Arkham Origins: Black Mask Challenge Pack - DLC
  • Batman: Arkham Origins: Online Supply Drop DLCs

How is arkham origins anyways?

Been meaning to try it for a while, looks like a great deal even though I've got the other two on console already.

Turfster

Daily Star wars Battlefront II 70% off
Weekend
  • Metro Redux 66% off
  • Collar Duty Advanced Woofwear 25% off FREE MULTI WEEKEND

Humble Store dailies
  • Sleepydawgs Definitive
  • Sonic Hits Collection
  • Screen cheat
  • Terratech
  • Anno 2070 Complete
  • Metro Redux Bundle
  • Hatoful boyfriend
  • Saints Row The Third The Full Package
  • Train Fever
  • Broken Age
  • European Ship Simulator
  • Mark of the Ninja SE
  • Serious Sam 3 BFE
  • L A Cops
  • Lovely Planet
  • Guards and Thieves
  • Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship
  • Far Cry
  • Habitat
  • Jurassic Park The Game 75% off, Steam key
  • Men of War Collector's Pack
  • Red Faction Guerrilla
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Sine Mora
  • The Few
  • UnEpic
  • Warlock Master of the Arcane Complete Edition
  • Vertical Drop Heroes HD
  • Pool Nation
  • Duke Nukem 3D Megaton
  • MXGP
  • A City Sleeps
  • Oddworld Abe's Exoddus
  • A Story About My Uncle
  • Fist of Jesus
  • Five Nights at Freddy's
  • Race the Sun
  • Dungeon of the Endless

I just sent my papers in so I am now a Engineer so have some games:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PetriP-TNT, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Supreme Commander Gold EDition -- MB-FF25033BBBE41B5B
Dreamcast Collection -- MB-179C405ABF3AA7C4 - Taken by agniswarm
Jack Lumber -- MB-E8EB1174E8452B70 - Taken by Wyatt Smee
FTL Advanced Edition -- MB-D456C19835CF0610 - Taken by Woody Invincible
Super Hexagon -- MB-2F2C19D6A06CC777 - Taken by Cozmogramma
Stalker - Shadow Of Chernobyl -- MB-014DFE1287BDBF6F - Taken by woo and indeed hoo
Darkout -- MB-B35BF4599F4DB523 - Taken by redlacs
Dustforce DX -- MB-A33FA45C59178D75 - Taken by Darth Kupi
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome -- MB-048BDCF229B6CF18 - Taken by freshVeggie
Sanic Generations -- MB-4C0F642A7FAC4580 - Taken by Naked Snake

Been meaning to try it for a while, looks like a great deal even though I've got the other two on console already.

Depends on who you ask.

There are those who would say it's better than City.
There are those who don't even consider it an Arkham game because it wasn't made by Rocksteady.

You may run into a ton of bugs. You may have minimal bugs and enjoy your time with the game.

If it's cheap enough to take a chance on it, do it and find out for yourself.

Depending who you ask it's either the best or the worst of the Arkham games, very rarely in the middle. In either case it's worth playing though.

Beaten. ;)

New BundleStars bundle: Batman Complete Bundle for $9.99
http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/batman-complete-bundle/
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition
  • Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year Edition
  • Batman: Arkham Origins
  • Batman: Arkham Origins: Season Pass - DLC
  • Batman: Arkham Origins: Black Mask Challenge Pack - DLC
  • Batman: Arkham Origins: Online Supply Drop DLCs

Have first two on ps3 so not sure it's worth getting them again and origins on steam, but great bundle for anyone that hasn't played any of the series before.

Cth

Thanks..I was mainly looking for a fun side scroller Batman game. Seemed to remind me of stuff like shadow complex, etc from a quick glance.

Honestly I never finished arkham asylum but I love arkham city do I'll give it a shot.

this humble winter sale has been a damp fart in the sales wind.
Thanks..I was mainly looking for a fun side scroller Batman game. Seemed to remind me of stuff like shadow complex, etc from a quick glance.

Honestly I never finished arkham asylum but I love arkham city do I'll give it a shot.

What you're looking for is Batman Blackgate, and it's fine for what it is outside of a couple of very obvious filler sections and a map that takes a bit to get used to

Xeroblade

Daily Star wars Battlefront II 70% off
Weekend
  • Metro Redux 66% off
  • Collar Duty Advanced Woofwear 25% off FREE MULTI WEEKEND

Humble Store dailies
  • Sleepydawgs Definitive
  • Sonic Hits Collection
  • Screen cheat
  • Terratech
  • Anno 2070 Complete
  • Metro Redux Bundle
  • Hatoful boyfriend
  • Saints Row The Third The Full Package
  • Train Fever
  • Broken Age
  • European Ship Simulator
  • Mark of the Ninja SE
  • Serious Sam 3 BFE
  • L A Cops
  • Lovely Planet
  • Guards and Thieves
  • Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship
  • Far Cry
  • Habitat
  • Jurassic Park The Game 75% off, Steam key
  • Men of War Collector's Pack
  • Red Faction Guerrilla
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Sine Mora
  • The Few
  • UnEpic
  • Warlock Master of the Arcane Complete Edition
  • Vertical Drop Heroes HD
  • Pool Nation
  • Duke Nukem 3D Megaton
  • MXGP
  • A City Sleeps
  • Oddworld Abe's Exoddus
  • A Story About My Uncle
  • Fist of Jesus
  • Five Nights at Freddy's
  • Race the Sun
  • Dungeon of the Endless

Thank for the list!

Parsnip

You are thinking of Arkham Origins Blackgate, which is not part of that bundle.

I'm playing it right now and if you liked City you'll like this one. You could argue it's more of the same but that's not a bad thing in my book.
If you're going to buy the bundle just for Origins there were better deals during the fall sale though. I picked the game up for $3 at nuuvem.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Game -- MB-80661201A1DA52B1 - Taken by iosefe

It's not Insurgency, Metro, or Bad Rats :p
83 Metacritic Score, and "Very Positive" rating on Steam >.>

Here's some brief thoughts I had on Origins from a while ago.

Arkham Origins has a much, much better narrative than the previous two games (not necessarily amazing, but better). The boss encounters are better than all bosses in AA except for Scarecrow and few are better than the ones in AC except for the Freeze fight. The combat is more difficult, but due in part to it being more janky; enemy attack speed + frequency was increased, but seemingly nothing else was adjusted. There are only two genuinely new gadgets; one is kind of neat but somewhat redundant (concussion bomb), the other is great, but has no mid-combo function (remote claw). The map is too big for what little it has feature-wise. The game's Riddler trophy equivalent is simple, dull and somewhat anticlimactic compared to the ones in AC. The side-missions are better than the ones in AC (and AA had none). Batman's VA's voice itself isn't necesasrily better than Kevin Conroy's but his performance was better than Conroy's in the previous two games. Joker's VA did a good job, though Hamill was better in AA and AC.

It's like an expansion pack for AC, but there's plenty of work/care put into it, and it's worth playing if you enjoyed the previous games.

I've heard really bad things about Arkham Origins Blackgate, which is the 2.5D Batman game.

chronomac

Battlefront II's online multiplayer doesn't work anymore, apparently. I was going to pull the trigger, since it's $2.99 and because I loved playing it on Xbox a while back, but what's the point?

Guard your turret well. Congrats!

Nice ninja edit.
I saw what you had before... I just want you to know that I know... ;)

Parsnip already took care of the fact that you're thinking of Blackgate and not Origins proper.

It's hard to recommend Blackgate. It's pretty bad overall... there's some decent Metroidvania gameplay, but there's also some weird designs and the combat was not translated to 2D well. On the plus side, the VA is decent and it's got some cool artwork for the story.

It's a real nightmare if you're the achievement/trophy hunter type and definitely NOT recommended there.

FF13-2 or Kamui...
FF13-2 or Kamui...

The choice should be obvious.

It is. KAMUI was in a bundle. Someday it will return to bundle land. Or it will be ridiculously discounted as a weekly.

You are thinking of Arkham Origins Blackgate, which is not part of that bundle.

Yeah, you beat me here... but you didn't answer his original question again now that the game changed. :p

somebody fucked up.

They always do.
But really, who wants vsync anyway? Consoles don't have it and they do just fine.

Cth

Ahhh ok my mistake.. probably hold it for winter sale then. Thanks everyone!

Looks like Star Wars Battlefront II for me instead.

Pachimari

Battlefront II's online multiplayer doesn't work anymore, apparently. I was going to pull the trigger, since it's $2.99 and because I loved playing it on Xbox a while back, but what's the point?
But you can still play it online unofficially. I don't remember with what client though.

Top Bottom