• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
this strangely comes at a time where I should be, and was starting to, getting my shit a bit more together and stop spending and playing games so much

so im gonna take it as a sign

in fact I probably caused this

with my mind

you had to do this didn't you salsa

you betray our love for the 3DS

then you come for our russian bear traders

no self restraint you big pussy biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch

derExperte

Has someone from Russia actually bought a so far unlocked game that now has this warning and gave it to someone outside that region for activation?

Good thing i dumped my tf2 keys earlier today and sold the rest of them before this happen.

Ended up with a copy of Banished for 2Keys and made $0.03 profit.

Toki767

I kind of want to win an auction...but I don't know that I want to spend money on gems. I also feel like the amount of money you spend on gems to win these auctions are more than the cost of these games when they're on sale.

I kind of want to win an auction...but I don't know that I want to spend money on gems. I also feel like the amount of money you spend on gems to win these auctions are more than the cost of these games when they're on sale.
..not when you meticulously check price histories and spend lots of time writing spreadsheets.. >_>

AsylumX

But remember, winning and rubbing it in the faces of others bidders is priceless. Plus, you have your name inscribed in there for eternity... Last part may not be true...

Articalys

I already got myself ankle-deep in the whole mess by grinding up some gems on the first day before stepping back and taking a look at the whole scenario, thus setting myself in a disadvantageous position from the get-go... so now I'm just hoping to come out of all this with something that at least resembles a net positive value.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
B5Bhx1ACQAETNTA.jpg:large
What does this means for Team Ninja?

Blu(e)

Finally got off my ass to do this. Thanks to everyone whose been so generous to give something away. I thought I would give back as well.

Notes:
1. I'm not sure if Stealth Bastard Deluxe code works.
2 If you win Guardian of Middle Earth I have "Smaug's Treasure" DLC if you'd like it.
3. If you win Awsomenauts I have the "Cluck" DLC if you'd like it.

OH GOD I HOPE THIS WORKS.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Blu(e):
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 67 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Blu(e), not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Walking Dead -- MB-57C72049795AA2BE - Taken by Gallantioh. 19 entrants total.

Capsized -- MB-7C902D25435235A2 - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 2 entrants total.
Dynamite Jack -- MB-2E84684E7D6B360B - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.
Kingdom Rush -- MB-2DE14A6E4F702BBF - Taken by sapsari. 3 entrants total.
Natural Selection 2 -- MB-348A83EDCC32AADC - Taken by Belgarion. 2 entrants total.
Oil Rush -- MB-BF040D2545D46EDE
Avadon: The Black Fortress -- MB-FB9512648E5964DB - Taken by Tesseract. 1 entrants total.
Ravensword: Shadowlands -- MB-2A94A015C3ED2652
Eufloria -- MB-0DEE045223DF99CC - Taken by KageZero. 2 entrants total.
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-A08DBFB065661CC4
Bastion -- MB-3CC7C1D972DD900B - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.
The Showdown Effect -- MB-A608F93D5B8409DB - Taken by nja. 1 entrants total.
Galcon Fusion -- MB-5E3E8A41047BC612
Zen Bound 2 -- MB-6197BADB61E4183A
Guardians of Middle-earth -- MB-3E39ADE8269467FC - Taken by sensoft04. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Serious Sam 3: BFE -- MB-9E57B6A5EC9981F1 - Taken by EdmondD. 5 entrants total.
Nightsky -- MB-F9A61A16DC82D7EE - Taken by Eternal Gamer. 1 entrants total.
Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-1E6038613C343797
Botanicula -- MB-456791EEBB11A21D - Taken by ashecitism. 2 entrants total.
Cities in Motion 2 -- MB-A6842DC407AF7322 - Taken by Shalashaska. 2 entrants total.
Mark of the Ninja -- MB-22112220FD16CD08 - Taken by Anustart. 2 entrants total.
Breach & Clear -- MB-894D7F5229CB39D5 - Taken by tjohn86. 6 entrants total.
Dead Space -- MB-6052EA8DBDA2065D - Taken by Abhor. 2 entrants total.
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome -- MB-40D6E5D338F4A010 - Taken by Natty1. 2 entrants total.
Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition -- MB-B5E930FFBF132FE0 - Taken by okiemok. 1 entrants total.
Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-F5B719A52E3CE120
Dungeon Defenders Plus All DLC -- MB-81CF6BA26FCC1745 - Taken by The Reloader. 4 entrants total.
Awesomenauts -- MB-378D908D74A36559 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 2 entrants total.
Super Hexagon -- MB-D2E82AB5A0876A32 - Taken by autoduelist. 1 entrants total.
Solar 2 #2 -- MB-B0B479B3C2D1B091 - Taken by billmcdougal. 1 entrants total.
Splice -- MB-F8A449AEE0027766 - Taken by topyy. 1 entrants total.
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP -- MB-4EE651D865C31AE4 - Taken by darkchewie. 3 entrants total.
Starseed Pilgrim -- MB-04B5E06E73CF80B4 - Taken by arts&crafts. 2 entrants total.
Beat Hazard Ultra -- MB-F3FEB82078CACC28
Fractal -- MB-410B062940F8262D
Solar 2 -- MB-CA1A56A8660D3496
Waking Mars -- MB-5C5580687E16D972
Rochard -- MB-7CABEE7C1BE56192 - Taken by XShagrath. 1 entrants total.
Nightsky #2 -- MB-B3C0D6F8A87954C9
Jack Lumber -- MB-00C35C6D07F3E6E5
Little Inferno -- MB-14684C88BDF7EA53
Cogs -- MB-81C6383545281ABD
Bad Hotel -- MB-720A460CD7D1D5E8 - Taken by electroflame. 1 entrants total.
Terraria -- MB-1FC65DC1E38625CD - Taken by AsylumX. 1 entrants total.
Swords & Soldiers HD -- MB-2E35AE8F9B92440B - Taken by nightstorm. 1 entrants total.
Stealth Bastard Deluxe -- MB-1C7F7C6B6F8FC957 - Taken by CrunchyFrog. 1 entrants total.
Eets Munchies -- MB-7CBA542E21C760A4
PixelJunk Eden -- MB-D84083CDDCC52C66 - Taken by Alastor. 1 entrants total.
Frozen Synapse -- MB-AE3556B4E9BE2E16 - Taken by $h@d0w. 1 entrants total.
Bridge Constructor -- MB-7D347C21B8D93DE3 - Taken by fernandes. 1 entrants total.
LIMBO -- MB-B2B6FAD224391E20 - Taken by roadrunn3r. 1 entrants total.
Machinarium -- MB-9AE40FB80A7CFEBE - Taken by Sammichu. 1 entrants total.
Hero Academy -- MB-3A9BE512B8765746 - Taken by drakaenae. 1 entrants total.
Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-64CDBBF374C7F8C7
Fieldrunners 2 -- MB-D0056FAE92B071DC - Taken by Pakkidis. 1 entrants total.
Fieldrunners -- MB-859C0843CCF96C86
Magicka Plus 2 DLC -- MB-AA73183879CA6239 - Taken by SSPssp. 2 entrants total.
A Virus Named TOM -- MB-BD18FFAABBC0CCEA - Taken by AkuMifune. 1 entrants total.
Medal of Honor -- MB-621DB780B006CA6F - Taken by SeZMehK. 1 entrants total.
Sanctum 2 -- MB-3EDDC0A81A38B5D8 - Taken by iosefe. 2 entrants total.
Galcon Legends -- MB-831AE1BD41327E73 - Taken by Scipius. 1 entrants total.
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-8569868A7BF72F7B - Taken by Adnor. 1 entrants total.
McPixel -- MB-AB7C8F35112C84FE - Taken by Leg-End. 1 entrants total.
Broken Sword 2 -- MB-5A5D26B35C6B3759 - Taken by Axass. 1 entrants total.
Red Faction: Armageddon -- MB-263BD25DF70771E4 - Taken by tioslash. 3 entrants total.
The Lord of the Rings: War in the North -- MB-B376B15CE0484FA5 - Taken by hepburn3d. 6 entrants total.
Indie Game: The Movie -- MB-A3F23125DDFDB450 - Taken by trailmix16. 4 entrants total.

t1418869827z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I don't think Valve wants to curb cross-region trading entirely; it just wants to remove keys from the equation. If it really wanted to stamp out CRT, it could apply ACRTAG to every active store sub in one fell swoop.

Oops. Jinxed it.

Jawmuncher

Finally got off my ass to do this. Thanks to everyone whose been so generous to give something away. I thought I would give back as well.

Notes:
2 If you win Guardian of Middle Earth I have "Smaug's Treasure" DLC if you'd like it.

Great Giveaway thanks!

ExoSoul

Banned

Notes:

If no one wins can I get Smaug?
CONGRATULATIONS, IT DID

Will this be it? The time I finally get to bask in Super Brother's glory?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Baron_Calamity, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

vRvbDCu.png
Battlefield 3 Origin Key -- MB-97B58F44058F72B0 - Taken by gimel. 3 entrants total.
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin -- MB-9AAA0C4C6F65B35E - Taken by sensoft04. 5 entrants total.
To The Moon -- MB-E476ADEA548031D9 - Taken by Costa1774. 4 entrants total.
The Ship Complete Pack -- MB-3A349C47376F9E55 - Taken by orthodoxy1095. 2 entrants total.

t1418788287z1.png

So do the auctions basically work like eBay? Where everyone tries to snipe in at the last minute with their max bids?
i watched a couple dozen auction fold out. and to my surprise there weren't many last minute "hikes".

then again, i only watched smaller, older games which can be overlooked.

pahamrick

Who needs the winter sale? A friend gave me 14 TF2 keys in exchange for a quick favor I did for him and I managed to grab a nice bit of stuff to play with it.

Snagged Banished, Transistor, Xenonauts and the Might and Magic Franchise Pack (Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, Heroes of Might and Magic V + Expansions, Might and Magic Heroes VI + Expansions, Might and Magic Clash of Heroes + DLC, Might and Magic X - Legacy Deluxe Edition + Might and Magic VI.)

All in all, I'm pretty happy.

MUnited83

For you.
Supposedly the following is a explanation Valve gave to devs.

As most of you know, our developer tools suggest pricing based on market research and purchasing power parity. In the case of territories such as Russia, Brazil, and SE Asia, we suggested pricing that is lower than the direct USD conversion. This is based on our assessment of actual pricing of comparable products in that market. Recently Rubles have hit an all-time low which has been a concern of many game developers. We are still assessing the market to see if suggesting new prices in Russia is right for customers who live in that market. We do not think that pricing based on currency conversion only is the right way to approach the Russian market necessarily.
What we are doing immediately in response to the Ruble drop is limiting trading and gifting from Russia to prevent people from taking advantage of the situation. We have been applying a gifting and trading lock of this type on all newly created packages on Steam since mid-2014. Today we have propped a change that will affect all packages on Steam which will not allow them to be unpacked to an account, if gifted or traded from a lower priced region to a higher priced region. This change is not retroactive and only affects new purchases. It also will not affect customers in that region from gifting a copy to other people in that same region. All customers will have proper warning when they are purchasing a gift prior to checkout in those regions as well. We will continue to assess the situation and make changes if necessary in the future. If you have any questions please feel free to write us via the contact form via the Steamworks Development site - Documentation & Help -> Contact Steam Publishing."

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Fellow Steamites, can I transfer my regular Human Revolution saves into the Director's Cut version or am I gonna have to restart?

oipic

Was fun while it lasted, but I guess it's not surprising that this particular loophole has been closed.

Now filled with regret at having failed to take advantage of some Russian prices during the Autumn sale.

Top Bottom