• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

AHA-Lambda

No problems, it's authorized reseller.
I yet to use VPN for buying there, not all games need this, you can and should provide real info, as I said most games aren't region specific, at least all I bought weren't. Why would your bank do so? I don't understand this question, to be honest.

edited: forgot most important thing, if a game is region locked, Nuuvem won't let you to buy it. They sometimes "lie" about it, but no worries, you will not be allowed to buy it, if you can't redeem or play it.

ok, I went for it and got my key, everything seems to be fine. This could open a whole new world for me, I see Shadow of Mordor Season Pass is actually a reasonable price on Nuuvem.

The bank thing is cos some banks would if they see your card/account being used in an unusual manner (buying items in Brazil) may stop the transaction as they'd naturally think that the card has been stolen.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ok, I've never used Nuuvem before:

1) I won't get into any bother from Valve right?

2) Do I need to declare a shipping/billing address, if so what?

3) Won't my bank stop the transaction as they see my card being used in Brazil?

4) This will work with Ground Zeroes yeah, it won't be region locked?

1) Right.

2) Nuuvem may ask for a BR-based billing address but as far as I can tell it's a random thing -- I encountered it once myself, despite my account being almost two years old, and haven't seen it since.

3) Maybe, maybe not. PayPal is an option, regardless of whether or not you actually have a PayPal account (you can pay using a credit/debit card without logging in).

4) Correct. The key itself is region-free.

L.O.R.D

my friend had Arma 3 bought it from some site ( it was Russian serial key )
now the game wont work
is that because the last announcement from steam ?

yogloo

I want ground zeroes badly, but I want to say fuck you to Konami for not selling it in sea region. I guess I'm not buying it from nuveem.

JaseC

kulapik

jesus christ, steam, get your shit together with the steam market blocking, I added 5 bucks so I could buy stuff on it and now I can't use it? go fuck yourself

The_Monk

Morning everyone! Hope everyone is doing okay in this fine but cold day. :)

Today I must make some hot, black coffee and sugar free. Anyone?

KLxZorw.gif

JaseC

jesus christ, steam, get your shit together with the steam market blocking, I added 5 bucks so I could buy stuff on it and now I can't use it? go fuck yourself

If you added it using a new credit/debit card, you can verify it manually to have the restriction removed immediately. The only potential problem is that you need to input the value in the currency that your account uses, meaning, say, if you're in Australia, you have three attempts at converting the AUD deduction you see in online banking to the USD value Steam expects -- after three failed attempts you have no choice but to wait the full five days.

You're saying I won't get in trouble or will? Don't confuse me :(

"Right" as in "You're right" (i.e. you won't get into trouble).

Morning everyone! Hope everyone is doing okay in this fine but cold day. :)

Today I must make some hot, black coffee and sugar free. Anyone?

Morning Monk! I don't like black coffee, but add some milk and sugar and I'm in :)

Today is winter seal day, a little over 5 hours left >.<

Vargavinter

Was about to add money today myself, but I spend that money elsewhere from now on that you can't trade, steamsale cancelled for me. Sucks to be you, really. :/

Jørdan

Good call. I forgot about checking SteamTrades and it looks like it's available for less than a key from several traders. Thank you.

I'm glad that the game is worth being enthusiastic about, since I can't get enough of city management games.

You're very welcome, I'm glad you found a few sources for it there. I hope you get a copy on favourable terms, a key or less is a good price certainly. It's a genre I adore myself, I only have one title (realistically) on my wishlist for this sale and that is Anno 1404. Another great title to look out for if you don't already own it. Personally I think it the best on Steam in the city management category.

Kiru

The Verdun Christmas update is nice:
http://steamcommunity.com/games/242860/announcements/detail/201865555897827733
A 100 years ago French, German and British troops while fighting in world war I held truces during Christmas 1914. They exchanged Christmas greetings, sang Christmas carols and rumours say that they played a few football matches.

In the game Verdun we will celebrate this remarkable event by reproducing a similar scene from December 18 &#8211; 25 2014.

In between your fearsome matches there will be a Truce event where you can find soldiers dressed for the winter, join football matches and throw snowballs at each other. You might even spot a Scottish soldier that will appear in-game just for this event.

We will enforce these in-game activities, by setting up some competitions where you can win Verdun Christmas packages and even offer a nice discount for your friends to join in.

Competitions:

19 December; a YouTube Christmas Truce video contest for the best video about this event
20 December; a Steam Hub screenshot competition for the best in-game Christmas Truce screenshot
21 December; a Twitch TV giveaway for the Verdun streamers
22 December; a Twitter competition for the best WW1 Christmas carol text twittered @VerdunGame
23 December; a Facebook Christmas Card contest for the most entertaining Verdun best wishes card

Submission will last until the 24th 10am Eastern time (GMT-5), winners will be announced on the 25th of December 2014. More information can be found on Steam.

We hope you will enjoy the Holidays as much as we will!

The_Monk

Morning Monk! I don't like black coffee, but add some milk and sugar and I'm in :)

Today is winter seal day, a little over 5 hours left >.<

I wasn't a fan at the start but then when I had to stay awake it made a big difference so every now and then I like to drink one like that. It's a bit bitter but still I don't like to add sugar since I like the "original" flavour.

Either way, *adds milk*

Yx9xTKs.gif

DOUBLE SHOT ESPRESSOS ARE THE ONLY WAY I CAN FEEL ANYTHING

YES oh YES, wise man!

It's 3 PM over here bro, and I'll take a chocolate milk shake please~

But what if you need to go to bed? It's late Tizoc, go to sleep! :p

ViviOggi

Hey Monk

Have to go easy on the coffee (esophagus infection) but now I can't resist, just a bit of milk

We'll just have to wait and see if that holds water in 2015.
Wouldn't say no to a Humble Ubi Liquidation bundle, provided they give Steam keys.

Uplay* only

*discontinued immediately

Dr Dogg

And here's me thinking what with the beverage of choice for the Steam thread and in honour of our fallen comrades everyone would be drinking Russian Caravan today.

Dr Dogg

surely you had in mind vodka?
also what that even is? (><)

Russian Caravan is a black tea, moreover is a blend of lapsang, oolong and/or keemun teas with added spices (the one I normally buy has a nice touch of cinnamon to it). Not all the tea drinkers in the Steam thread drink yerba and out of stuff that looks like drugs paraphernalia!

Anyways Ground Zeroes day today *squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*

And here's me thinking what with the beverage of choice for the Steam thread and in honour of our fallen comrades everyone would be drinking Russian Caravan today.

I might just pop open a Russian Imperial Stout later on this evening. Pour a little for my fallen comrades.

Arthea

I think it's safe to assume that all titles auctioned will be on winter sale, we don't know discounts of course, but we still know 2000 titles that will be on sale. That's some valuable intel (><)

Ban Puncher

You haven't lived until you've had a White Russian with several espresso shots added and the milk substituted for cream.

And by live I mean see through time and have your heart file for divorce.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I created a tea drink that was made from brewed yerba mate, two shots of yerba mate espresso, powdered yerba mate, and yerba mate extract.

That's a Time Traveler.

Tizoc

But what if you need to go to bed? It's late Tizoc, go to sleep! :p

Believe it or not, chocolate makes me sleepy ;D
Still got 2 hours of this shift left then a 30 min. drive back home where I'll stop for a chocolate milk shake I got the cravings something mean @_@
532748f7cd7a42e78e6ecca8cbc5014d.jpg

JaseC

I think it's safe to assume that all titles auctioned will be on winter sale, we don't know discounts of course, but we still know 2000 titles that will be on sale. That's some valuable intel (><)

Subnautica released on Early Access two days ago and its 10% early bird discount expires five days into the sale, so I doubt it's going to be discounted as part of the sale. Speaking of which, the devs ignored my question about whether or not the Special Edition will be on Steam, however the store page provides an answer: it's limited to 10,000 copies and exclusive to the official site. Fortunately, I checked the Special Edition sub before bidding and found that it doesn't include any additional apps, so I'm okay with the standard edition.

Mr. Doop

I wasn't a fan at the start but then when I had to stay awake it made a big difference so every now and then I like to drink one like that. It's a bit bitter but still I don't like to add sugar since I like the "original" flavour.

Either way, *adds milk*

Yx9xTKs.gif

That's me! :D

kulapik

If you added it using a new credit/debit card, you can verify it manually to have the restriction removed immediately. The only potential problem is that you need to input the value in the currency that your account uses, meaning, say, if you're in Australia, you have three attempts at converting the AUD deduction you see in online banking to the USD value Steam expects -- after three failed attempts you have no choice but to wait the full five days.

Paypal :/

DOUBLE SHOT ESPRESSOS ARE THE ONLY WAY I CAN FEEL ANYTHING

Funny you say that. I've got one of those fancy-ass espresso machines at home so if I'm barely awake in the morning I can have a double espresso with the touch of three buttons. The smell of drip or stovetop percolator would probably wake me up more, but I'll sacrifice that for the convenience.

How to buy something from Nuuvem? I am using a brazil VPN but it shows its not currently available in my region, Ground Zeroes it is.

Edit: Used Argentina now. Worked :)

baterism

Finally pull the trigger and uninstal FF13 after total 2 hours of playing. Simply not my cup of coffee, I've tried to like it but alas, can't stand it. More power to those who like it.

Anyway, sale is looming. My wallet is ready after selling gems. Bring it on Gabe!

Top Bottom