• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Milamber

Have you done your part to get this beach party started?

Who do you think I am?

iYyKkuw.png

bigzgod

If they could at least do the equivalent of Brazil's prices but in USD at the very least this wouldn't be so bothersome. Like it is now? Force us to pay full US price for locked copies? Daaaamn.

Gaben, por favor.

Technically, you can get BR's prices, you just have to find someone in Brazil willing to buy it for you. Since the lock only applies to the region as a whole, you can still trade within the region, to take advantage of BR's great pricing.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Do I need to disable it before inserting my paypal user name and password?

EDIT: When I open FlyVPN it says I need a user name and password. Screw that, I'm not registering.

You didn't click the "free servers" link, did you? ;) You don't need to disable the VPN before proceeding with the PayPal window, however some people are iffy about sending sensitive account info over a VPN connection and logging into your PayPal account from an unfamiliar location may set off a red flag.

strafer

So have anyone successfully managed to get custom models working for Half Life 2?

If so, what did you do?

Been reading up on it and done exactly what they said, still don't work.

Created a "Custom" folder in the HL2 directory.
I extraced the "Materials" and "Models" and whatnot into that folder, that is what you suppose to do these days with the recent steampipe update thingy.

Anyway, I extract those files, start HL2 and choose a level with weapons, doesn't work.

Counter Strike Source works great, but it doesn't work quite the same, there you have a bunch of sub folders.

Please help me. :(

Pachimari

Won't I get a key from Nuuvem now that I have payed them for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes? Or should I just be patient and wait until they have their keys?

I'm worried now.

You didn't click the "free servers" link, did you? ;) You don't need to disable the VPN before proceeding with the PayPal window, however some people are iffy about sending sensitive account info over a VPN connection and logging into your PayPal account from an unfamiliar location may set off a red flag.

Ahh, I see now. Though... I don't know, this whole VPN thing seems shady to me. I think I'll just give up.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So have anyone successfully managed to get custom models working for Half Life 2?

If so, what did you do?

Been reading up on it and done exactly what they said, still don't work.

Created a "Custom" folder in the HL2 directory.
I extraced the "Materials" and "Models" and whatnot into that folder, that is what you suppose to do these days with the recent steampipe update thingy.

Anyway, I extract those files, start HL2 and choose a level with weapons, doesn't work.

Counter Strike Source works great, but it doesn't work quite the same, there you have a bunch of sub folders.

Please help me. :(

They work the same. HL2\custom\your_folder\the contents of your RAR/ZIP/etc. file.

Technically, you can get BR's prices, you just have to find someone in Brazil willing to buy it for you. Since the lock only applies to the region as a whole, you can still trade within the region, to take advantage of BR's great pricing.
I just checked this and previous pages just in case. Apparently, I can buy from Nuuvem without issues. Heh, interesting! Shame DOA isn't there though. A missing dose of OPPAI...

Got an extra:

ModBot [b said:
Instructions for participants:[/b]
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Contraption Maker -- MB-9E956EA94F5F12BA - Taken by Madridista. 2 entrants total.

t1418914179z1.png

MUnited83

For you.
I'm trading Paradox Platinum Pack ( Cities in Motion 2, Crusader Kings II, Europa Universalis IV, Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition, Magicka, Warlock 2: The Exiled) for 7500 gems if anyone is interested.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Well they're £100 more than a 760 so there's that, and quite close in price to a 970.

Go for a 970 then!

J/k. I guess they're banking on the fact that 970s are still difficult to find and they're not lowering prices. If you can't wait, a 760 it's probably your best bet.

Nete

Alright, I'll have some patience. Hopefully I get the key today so I can play my Metal Gear, if not, I'll keep going in Dark Souls.

You should have it automatically. Go to your profile -> Meus Games, and click the GZ icon. It should appear something like this:

P25hU04.png

The Chave is the key.

DocSeuss

Guys. Guys? You. Look at me now. Look at me. Yes. Exactly.

The Steam sale is coming and it's going to be hard to wait for the dailies. Trust me, I've been there. Also, you know you can trust me because you know just how great I am.

Unlike you, I won't be participating in this sale. That's just the way life works some times. But remember. REMEMBER. Wait for the dailies, or I will personally enter this thread, put your head between my biceps, and squeeze until it explodes. That's right. I'll explode your head for not following good purchasing advice on the internet. That's how much I care for you.

Now you go out there and you take advantage of some good deals! Which... probably means actually avoiding Steam and buying your games elsewhere, because if you look at the patterns, Amazon usually has the better deals than Steam, but whatever.

Anyways, you kids have a great sale. I'm hoping next Christmas, not only will I be able to join you, but I'll be Santa Claus for the Steam thread.

Or I'll be dead.

Dead of riding a cybernetic tyrannosaurus-megalodon-shark-badger into a volcano while attempting to defuse some sort of hydrogen proton bomb thing. Who can say? Only time.

Won't I get a key from Nuuvem now that I have payed them for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes? Or should I just be patient and wait until they have their keys?

I'm worried now.

I think they run out of keys.

Atenção

18/12/2014 - Devido a grande procura, as chaves de Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes estão esgotadas. A venda desse jogo continuará disponível e os novos pedidos realizados durante esse período que não tiverem recebido a chave do jogo, receberão assim que um novo lote estiver disponível. Esperamos que isso ocorra até às 16:00 (2 PM GMT).

Ruruja

Go for a 970 then!

J/k. I guess they're banking on the fact that 970s are still difficult to find and they're not lowering prices. If you can't wait, a 760 it's probably your best bet.

If money was no object I would get two 970s! :p

You could wait until Spring 2015 for a GTX 960, hopefully.

Spring 2015?! My 6770 runs at 90C for even mid-tier games now and is a pretty awful card these days let's be honest. I have an i5-4670k too, so it's quite the bottleneck for me at the moment.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
If money was no object I would get two 970s! :p

Spring 2015?! My 6770 runs at 90C for even mid-tier games now and is a pretty awful card these days let's be honest. I have an i5-4670k too, so it's quite the bottleneck for me at the moment.

Is it a blower/stock cooler? If not, clean that thing.

BTW, be sure to avoid blower/stock coolers when you upgrade. Always go with a custom solution.

Milamber

But by that time a 760 and 770 would have dropped in price.

If they could at least do the equivalent of Brazil's prices but in USD at the very least this wouldn't be so bothersome. Like it is now? Force us to pay full US price for locked copies? Daaaamn.

Gaben, por favor.

Yep, I've been campaigning for that on the Steam forums but never got an answer. I guess we are a really small blip on their radar and don't really matter to them.

Pupo

Sup guys.
So... if I gift something, only people on Argentina, Paraguay, Mexico, Chile and asdf can enter to the giveaway? :v

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Guys. Guys? You. Look at me now. Look at me. Yes. Exactly.

The Steam sale is coming and it's going to be hard to wait for the dailies. Trust me, I've been there. Also, you know you can trust me because you know just how great I am.

Unlike you, I won't be participating in this sale. That's just the way life works some times. But remember. REMEMBER. Wait for the dailies, or I will personally enter this thread, put your head between my biceps, and squeeze until it explodes. That's right. I'll explode your head for not following good purchasing advice on the internet. That's how much I care for you.

Now you go out there and you take advantage of some good deals! Which... probably means actually avoiding Steam and buying your games elsewhere, because if you look at the patterns, Amazon usually has the better deals than Steam, but whatever.

Anyways, you kids have a great sale. I'm hoping next Christmas, not only will I be able to join you, but I'll be Santa Claus for the Steam thread.

Or I'll be dead.

Dead of riding a cybernetic tyrannosaurus-megalodon-shark-badger into a volcano while attempting to defuse some sort of hydrogen proton bomb thing. Who can say? Only time.
Time can be a harsh and cruel mistress, i'd avoid talking to her whenever possible.
And please, don't die. Dead men tell no tales, and I would like to hear more about that cybernetic Tyrannosaurus rex.

Get well soon, Doc, and happy holiday's. :)

Deques

Sup guys.
So... if I gift something, only people on Argentina, Paraguay, Mexico, Chile and asdf can enter to the giveaway? :v

Everyone can enter your giveaways, but they probably wont be able to activate the gifts if they are from different region than you

DocSeuss

Time can be a harsh and cruel mistress, i'd avoid talking to her whenever possible.
And please, don't die. Dead men tell no tales, and I would like to hear more about that cybernetic Tyrannosaurus rex.

Get well soon, Doc, and happy holiday's. :)

Getting well isn't in my nature. I'm always unwell. It'd be wiser to say "get rich soon," as that's something that might actually happen. :)

but probably won't

I'm kinda bummed I won't be able to buy anything, but knowing me, it'll end up like this.

9IoXFFp.png

And I hope it does.

Top Bottom