• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Sup guys.
So... if I gift something, only people on Argentina, Paraguay, Mexico, Chile and asdf can enter to the giveaway? :v

Well, other people can enter but if they end up winning they won't be able to activate the game/s.

I guess Valve doesn't think that we can have friends outside South America.

Ruruja

Is it a blower/stock cooler? If not, clean that thing.

BTW, be sure to avoid blower/stock coolers when you upgrade. Always go with a custom solution.

I guess it's the stock one, and I've cleaned it quite a bit - but I'll take your advice with my next card. :)

But by that time a 760 and 770 would have dropped in price.

There's always something better around the corner though and I'll end up never buying a new GPU.

There's always the r290, or are you looking greener pastures? There were some really good Black Friday deals w/4 games so I jumped on that.

I am looking to go green yes, had my fun with AMD but enough's enough.

Knurek

Can't wait to upgrade to a GTX 760 in the next few weeks (unless you can think of a better, similarly priced choice?). Check out the benchmark comparisons with my current card here: http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-HD-6770-vs-GeForce-GTX-760

Oh my.

I switched from 6770 to 750 TI
Cheaper, more power efficient and newer architecture than 760.
(Bit less powerful, true, but still enough to hit 60fps in just about every title released earlier than 2014)

Pupo

Everyone can enter your giveaways, but they probably wont be able to activate the gifts if they are from different region than you

Well, other people can enter but if they end up winning they won't be able to activate the game/s.

I guess Valve doesn't think that we can have friends outside South America.

Welp, that's what I trying to say, lol
We need to warning this kind of things then.

shit shit shit

my 360 usb wireless dongle just broke and ground zeroes is out so soon

iboiQViIUKVSc4.gif

sorry dude

I think they run out of keys.

oh snap. Glad I picked it up earlier.

Lomax

I'd say wait for it a bit. The price is going up slowly currently.
I'm pretty much watching like a hawk myself.

When the auction ends the prices are almost certainly going to crash. There may be a bit of a spike before that but I doubt at this point it will be much.

Pretty sure using gems to win the auction for Midnight Club 2 is the cheapest it's ever been.

So I went to check that out and discovered that somehow I already own it.

maty

Technically, you can get BR's prices, you just have to find someone in Brazil willing to buy it for you. Since the lock only applies to the region as a whole, you can still trade within the region, to take advantage of BR's great pricing.

Yes we can if we take the trouble to find a trader, get keys, etc. I only traded with keys once and it's not something I look forward to do again.

Valve should match the BR price for the rest of South America or remove the lock.

I was planning to gift games to some nice gaffers but I'm out of luck.

I ended up winning an auction for Revolver360 Re:actor for 2100 gems. It was going for 1900 or so while I was watching, until someone suggested it as a good auction to go for, at which point it immediately went to 2400 :p

2100 is still pretty good though; game looks awesome!

I think it's hard to say that the gems will crash when the sale starts. We have no idea if/how these gems will play into Gaben future plans or even how they'll be used in the sale.

I think the only thing we can say for certainty is that they won't disappear.

M.D

I already bought all the new games I wanted when the last sale was going on, maybe I'll get some cheaper/older titles this time

WOOOOOOOOOOO I got Dragon Age Ultimate + DA 2 for LESS than what I was originally planning on spending on amazon!(which was 10 plus tax) I love Nuuvem <3 got both for 8 and some change. the Ultimate is pretty neat, it comes with 2 keys, 1 for origins and 1 for all the dlc. So if my bro already has Origins or doesn't want it I'm gonna give it away here. :)

Hanzou

Yes, I'd expect them to lose 30-40% of their value in about 4 hours. But it's probably worth looking at the auction, there's still good deals to be had there.
Is there? Everything I seem to look at looks over priced especially when yoy take account the sale prices that will be happening soon. For example dungeon of the endless and endless Legend are both substantially higher on the auction then just straight up buying them on steam.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Listed my Steam key for The Crew at $40. I considered $35 but figured there was no harm in first trying my luck.

this auction thing was a good idea , i got this games cos i assume that they will not be cheaper during the sales :

- Hangeki
- The Joylancer : Legendary Motor Knight
- Mega Coin Squad
- Devil's Dare
- Raiden 3

Annubis

When the auction ends the prices are almost certainly going to crash. There may be a bit of a spike before that but I doubt at this point it will be much.

That's part of the game =D

Up 3 cents in the last hour!
How high can it go? Nobody knows!

Currently, there are only around 350 bags sub 1.30$

Top Bottom