• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

pahamrick

Is asking if DE:HR DC fixed yet a rhetorical question by now?

I played it a few months ago, and it still required the registry tweaks to run smooth but once I did those I played through the entire game without issue.

That being said, there are still some issues that have yet to be fixed. At this point I'd suggest it only if you don't already have the vanilla game + dlc.

derExperte

So seems that the developer is attempting to update the game, but the publisher, an English company who controls the Steamworks side, is not responding anymore.

The good news is he controls the technology behind the game and now has the capitol to create his own version.

There's this: http://steamcommunity.com/app/263280/discussions/0/626329820654579168/#c626329820685493875 Impossible to say what's going on, best course of action would be to stay away for now.

gngf123

So, here's a giveaway. Not sure what the region locking situation is, but I love this game and feel you guys should play it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (gngf123, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Crimzon Clover -- MB-A4DD1DAEF1AA80A6 - Taken by topyy. 12 entrants total.

t1418918919z1.png

If it doesn't activate then tell me, and feel free to send it to someone else.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Just how many things is Telltale working on? No wonder their games are so full of bugs. Aren't they a relatively small studio?

Damn, some scumbag left one of those .png links on my Steam profile comments that auto trades your items away. I'm not falling for that crap. I probably should have taken a screenshot and reported it, but I deleted it right away as soon as I saw it so no one else could click it. Time to make profile comments 'friends-only' to be safe. Be careful guys. :\

Grief.exe

There's this: http://steamcommunity.com/app/263280/discussions/0/626329820654579168/#c626329820685493875 Impossible to say what's going on, best course of action would be to stay away for now.

Two sides to every story.

Damn, some scumbag left one of those .png links on my Steam profile comments that auto trades your items away. I'm not falling for that crap. I probably should have taken a screenshot and reported it, but I deleted it right away as soon as I saw it so no one else could click it. Time to make profile comments 'friends-only' to be safe. Be careful guys. :

That's intense.

I wonder how it accomplishes all of that.

About 2 horus till dissapointments.

Everything is a disappointment when you own so many games already.

Outcast 1.1 is gonna cost 5.99. Dev recommends an i7 if you want to play in 1080p (still using the same software renderer, but now updated to support higher resolutions and multicore processors.

Christmas came early this year :)

Onionkid

Damn, some scumbag left one of those .png links on my Steam profile comments that auto trades your items away. I'm not falling for that crap. I probably should have taken a screenshot and reported it, but I deleted it right away as soon as I saw it so no one else could click it. Time to make profile comments 'friends-only' to be safe. Be careful guys. :\

I had no idea this was even a thing that was going on. Man, that's really messed up. Thanks for the heads up, I guess I need to go change my comment settings too.

Annubis

I played it a few months ago, and it still required the registry tweaks to run smooth but once I did those I played through the entire game without issue.

That being said, there are still some issues that have yet to be fixed. At this point I'd suggest it only if you don't already have the vanilla game + dlc.

It's really too bad because I would love to get the DC just for the updated boss fights =/
Oh well, guess I'll just have to keep Typhoon-ing the shit out of them...

gngf123

Do you guys think there will be daily community votes like last time?

I need my daily reminder of how terrible the Steam community is.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm really pumped up for the sale today. :) I've got a few games on my wishlist I'm looking out for, and I'm sure there will be more than a few "impulse buys".

I really hope the Enhanced Steam API servers hold out. If not, you know I'll be getting them online as fast as possible.

That's intense.

I wonder how it accomplishes all of that.

I had no idea this was even a thing that was going on. Man, that's really messed up. Thanks for the heads up, I guess I need to go change my comment settings too.

I have no clue either, but a person I know on another forum had one of those "screenshot" .png sent to him via PM and he innocently clicked on it. Next thing he knew, all of his TF2 and DOTA items were gone. His anti-virus or anti-malware software didn't detect anything.

I'm really pumped up for the sale today. :) I've got a few games on my wishlist I'm looking out for, and I'm sure there will be more than a few "impulse buys".

I really hope the Enhanced Steam API servers hold out. If not, you know I'll be getting them online as fast as possible.

I am imagining you walking through a server room giving some combination of Bill Paxton's "Independence Day" speech, the William Wallace "Braveheat" speech, and Ash's speech from Army of Darkness, maybe with a sprinkling of Idris Elba from Pacific Rim.

AkuMifune

Banned
Forgot to thank Blu(e) last night for A Virus Named TOM.

Thanks! Will be a fun local co-op game to play with the family, until the drinking starts anyway.

Fuck it, I used FlyVPN and bought MGS:GZ and also Silent Hill Homecoming and Shadow Warrior for some friends. Worked perfectly.

Also, we are 100% sure this won't be a problem right? I mean, Nuuvem won't find out I used a VPN to buy from them and maybe void my keys or something, right...?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 5 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

I7Ufybq.png

Love -- MB-690CD718D14A32C5 - Taken by tioslash. 3 entrants total.
Swipecart -- MB-061EB4B61B66B7B4 - Taken by derExperte. 2 entrants total.
Mystery Game #1 -- MB-84A2C3C28FBF5073 - Taken by tebunker. 2 entrants total.
BlackSoul Extended Edition -- MB-09F46BAE042AEDBB - Taken by roadrunn3r. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Love (Desura) -- MB-66C156D5BFAB7369 - Taken by Jason Frost
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-5FEAED1E57B26D4D

t1418919939z1.png

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I never thought i'd see Telltale make Borderlands and Minecraft adventure games before even hinting at the possibility of a fourth Sam & Max Season.
Not that i'd have faith in a new one from modern Telltale, especially with Dave Grossman out of the picture, but still. :(

The_Monk

Having busy servers can also be seen as a good sign, no? As in, it means a lot of users are using ES. I know it's not good if it happens but I think you get what I'm trying to say. :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Fuck it, I used FlyVPN and bought MGS:GZ and also Silent Hill Homecoming and Shadow Warrior for some friends. Worked perfectly.

Also, we are 100% sure this won't be a problem right? I mean, Nuuvem won't find out I used a VPN to buy from them and maybe void my keys or something, right...?

Nuuvem doesn't care. I still have my Football Manager 2014 key that I bought about a year ago. Just don't be shocked if you get a refund rather than a replacement key should you at some point use a VPN to buy a game and the key is invalid.

Seriously. Be pals and get this crap off my hands if you don't have copies. I got way too many copies from Indiegala last week -_-

At the very least, some of these have cards you could idle for!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 28 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

The Last Door - Collector's Edition -- MB-565BA4D78B8E3523 - Taken by darkchewie
Power-Up #3 -- MB-687C29508F9C6121 - Taken by Shalashaska
Power-Up #2 -- MB-ADCE81FD50A41AD3 - Taken by trailmix16
Millionaire Manor #2 -- MB-C2EA1B2A5D9CCEDE - Taken by PunishedSnake
OCEAN CITY RACING #2 -- MB-201A51EF1D6D6C64 - Taken by JakeD
OCEAN CITY RACING #3 -- MB-B57FE1A4F5600C4F - Taken by nightstorm
The Last Door - Collector's Edition #2 -- MB-AEF83A9501D14338 - Taken by Ruruja
Selknam Defense -- MB-C5C78A1AD7918AE4 - Taken by redlacs
Jets'n'Guns Gold -- MB-CF339575FD2E3F2D - Taken by darkchewie
Gold Rush! Classic #2 -- MB-AEF39E016C48F2DF - Taken by NingenJanai
Power-Up -- MB-0F2ED0B23CA40FB8 - Taken by KenOD
Melissa K. and the Heart of Gold Collector's Edition -- MB-9C88E822C997DA5F - Taken by Kurt Russell
Lost Civilization #3 -- MB-1B575B6E35FDC144 - Taken by PunishedSnake
Gold Rush! Classic -- MB-F6458405F3388289 - Taken by sensoft04
Face Noir #2 -- MB-AD6DFDD75FF707F1 - Taken by Madridista
Lost Civilization #2 -- MB-B829F34594F36BED - Taken by nja
Platypus -- MB-A4EE2179619B8E9A - Taken by Vuze
Selknam Defense #2 -- MB-86EB399931726E6D - Taken by agniswarm
Platypus #2 -- MB-7CB5BF2B02A2D5E1 - Taken by Andrefpvs
Platypus #3 -- MB-59291BEC91722DCE - Taken by sensoft04
OCEAN CITY RACING -- MB-33C2702A4560AC43 - Taken by Woody Invincible
Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller #2 -- MB-635C8377A0370AA1 - Taken by Kiru
Melissa K. and the Heart of Gold Collector's Edition #2 -- MB-83D00B0483653650 - Taken by NingenJanai
Lost Civilization -- MB-D624C4CDF8128D11 - Taken by redlacs
Face Noir -- MB-C52D01F53E1B91F5 - Taken by Madridista
Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller -- MB-C0AC24E3FCEBB3EC - Taken by Vazduh
Millionaire Manor -- MB-361E96465F88CF1D - Taken by Pudge
Jets'n'Guns Gold #2 -- MB-37E488BA011A2E1A - Taken by GaussTek

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Power-Up was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Platypus was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for OCEAN CITY RACING was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Lost Civilization was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

EDIT: If one of your keys doesn't work, let me know and I'll see if the link went dead for some reason.

Just got the codes for the Squeenix Surprise Box.

Maaan, no Uncharted Raider, no Ligthing's parade 1, having Deus Ex: The Fall instead of something else... I knew I shouldn't have bought this :/

Private demonstration or is Samsung demonstrating the tech at a public event?

It's a public demonstration, actually in a mall, haha. Still, I'm excited to finally see what this VR fuss is all about.

Pachimari

Seriously. Be pals and get this crap off my hands if you don't have copies. I got way too many copies from Indiegala last week -_-

At the very least, some of these have cards you could idle for!
I won 2 of your Face Noir games. I haven't used Face Noir #1, so can you give that away again or is it something I should do?

Edit:
I can't verify my game.

derExperte

holiday cad prices are nearing peak levels and the sale hasn't even started yet ::rubs hands furiously together::

Still not higher than they were a week ago and they'll drop as soon as people get them for voting and buying games (which is already happening but many of course will wait). If I still had some, I'd sell them now.

GaussTek

Oh damn, Sale is about to start. That reminds me that I have to idle for some games with remaining cards.

Yeah, I like to live on the edge.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I am imagining you walking through a server room giving some combination of Bill Paxton's "Independence Day" speech, the William Wallace "Braveheat" speech, and Ash's speech from Army of Darkness, maybe with a sprinkling of Idris Elba from Pacific Rim.

That's surprisingly accurate.

Having busy servers can also be seen as a good sign, no? As in, it means a lot of users are using ES. I know it's not good if it happens but I think you get what I'm trying to say. :)

Yes, of course it's a good thing. I feel bad when the servers get overloaded during the big sales, because a lot of the time that's when users need these features the most. Every big sale I try to account for more and more traffic and it seems like the servers always fall flat despite my planning. So each subsequent sale, I allocate more and more server resources to the API servers thinking it will be enough. I hope this is the time where finally it is.

The Autumn sale this year wasn't too bad - the servers only went down for 30-45 minutes each day when the dailies flipped over. So maybe I'm on to something.

Either way - thanks again to all of Enhanced Steam's Patreon supporters who without their generosity none of this would be possible.

Parsnip

You know, even after hundreds and hundreds of hours spent on various Souls games, Capra Demon is still kind of a pain in the ass.

Top Bottom