• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iosefe

Happy Merry christmas guy!

My dad gave me a Large Bottle of Stella Artois, the gift box with two fancy glasses. i should find a drinking buddy

oh yeah steam stuff...well, i got some stuff, and i hope the next round of sale is decent

Now, this is scary: micro-transactions going from $20 to $15,000, am I getting that right?

x1ImMVY.jpg

For $15,000, they'd better give me at least 3 full-service girls and a penthouse apartment for two weeks in addition to whatever this digital edition entails.

Seriously, that's a lot of money.

Now, this is scary: micro-transactions going from $20 to $15,000, am I getting that right?

x1ImMVY.jpg

cJxHiDO.png

Those are crazy, it includes every ship that will ever release, plus the game is still in the funding state so those big purchases are also to help support the games development, it's like a continuation of high priced Kickstarter tiers. A lot of the prices are really crazy and people buy them but there are a lot of game packages that are fairly priced ($30-$80ish range) that will get you the whole game, access to the Arena Commander stuff and a cool ship.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Please tell me that if these ships are destroyed they're not gone for good.

I'm pretty sure the higher tiered content (15k dollars) have lifetime insurance.

The regular ones usually don't - mine does, because I bought it back when the crowdfunding thing was happening (and it's also the only reason why I bought it).

It was 30 bucks too. It's the shittiest ship, but I won't ever lose it.

Please tell me that if these ships are destroyed they're not gone for good.

I'm pretty sure the higher tiered content (15k dollars) have lifetime insurance.

The regular ones usually don't - mine does, because I bought it back when the crowdfunding thing was happening (and it's also the only reason why I bought it).

It was 30 bucks too. It's the shittiest ship, but I won't ever lose it.

Yep, all those ships come with lifetime insurance, the starter package that $30 comes with like 2 months I think, and you can buy more with in game spacebux when the game comes out.

Khronico

star wars empire at war, any good? Anything like Rebellion? I miss that game :(

Yes, it is quite good, although the space battle half of the game is far better than the land half.

Unfortunately I've never played Rebellion, but looking at gameplay on youtube, I don't think empire at war is like Rebellion. EAW is more of a traditional RTS with focus on building armies to do battle and less about resource management/base building.

about wine bottle sized. moderate. Pelegrino bottle maybe. 75cl

not a huge fan of other beers i've tried. but i hear this is good

Okay, so about the size of two bottles. That's fine. The thing about beer is, unlike wine and spirits, you can't really put the cap back on and expect it to still be good when you drink it later. But most people can tackle two beers in one sitting.

iosefe

Okay, so about the size of two bottles. That's fine. The thing about beer is, unlike wine and spirits, you can't really put the cap back on and expect it to still be good when you drink it later. But most people can tackle two beers in one sitting.

i'll save it for a good day, then

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Merry Christmas SteamGAF!

Remember, if you (or someone you know) gets a Chromebook for Christmas remind them that Enhanced Steam will not let them play Steam games on it. (Today is the day where I get more support emails about that than any other day of the year).

Everyone here is truly amazing and I appreciate each and every one of you. Stay amazing, GAF.

BruteUA

Remember, if you (or someone you know) gets a Chromebook for Christmas remind them that Enhanced Steam will not let them play Steam games on it. (Today is the day where I get more support emails about that than any other day of the year).

I'm assuming that this functionality will be patched into a future release of Enchanted Steam? If not, I'm expecting a refund plus compensation for emotional damages.

Space sims enthusiast have a lot of money.

It's not like they have girlfriends or gym memberships to spend it on :rimshot:

Thanks, thanks, i'll be here all night. Two drink minimum, be sure to tip your bartenders.

But yeah, the Star Citizen packages are totally nuts, but then again we see people buying thousands of dollars of cards to get the highest Steam level, and others who buy as much as they can on Steam just to increase their "+1s", knowing they're never going to actually play almost any of it.

I guess the issue becomes how do you create packages that allow you to milk the whales for all they are willing to spend, and pour that back into development, without making the game *so* dependent on the whales that it becomes utterly un-fun for the unwashed masses buying in at more rational levels.

D3RANG3D

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
-
KjAOaDf.gif
Happy Holidays to all! Hope you got cool games, and if not, hope you win cool games in a giveaway!
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (D3RANG3D, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Viking -- MB-68538B88C89C3637 - Taken by bloke
Total War Rome II DLC -- MB-6A918B12978D0A43 - Taken by Honey Bunny
Company of Heroes 2 DLC -- MB-4BDEF26EA6E0066B - Taken by Decado
Frozen Synapse Multiplayer -- MB-9E1288C43B7E836E - Taken by JoduanER2

Asgaro

Merry Christmas SteamGAF!

Everyone here is truly amazing and I appreciate each and every one of you. Stay amazing, GAF.

XyQOLwo.gif

Volimar

Yep, all those ships come with lifetime insurance, the starter package that $30 comes with like 2 months I think, and you can buy more with in game spacebux when the game comes out.

That's insanity. I love the idea of these kinds of games, but even if I was rich, I couldn't just spend loads of money on a game just for some douchenozzle to come and blow it all away. I'd like to get Starpoint Gemini 2 at some point because I think that could scratch my space sim itch adequately.

That's insanity. I love the idea of these kinds of games, but even if I was rich, I couldn't just spend loads of money on a game just for some douchenozzle to come and blow it all away. I'd like to get Starpoint Gemini 2 at some point because I think that could scratch my space sim itch adequately.

I try not defend it too much but a lot of people just see those 3 packages and lose their minds and immediately right the game off, which is a shame because there are a lot of affordable packages that offer everything you need to get the game, some extra stuff,and a cool ship.

But who knows how that stuff will work out in 2016 when it actually releases proper, I would like to think they would balance that sort of stuff out, like they seem to rebalance stuff every patch now, but I can't say for sure so I try not to shove it down anyones throat because it's not for everyone.

But for real tho, my thirst is real for this game

Articalys

The map is actually pretty small, so you should be able to find your way around it without having to draw a map yourself :) If you do get lost though, someone uploaded a map on gamefaqs including item, exit and boss locations, that might help.
Yeah, I managed to get through it on my own after a little bit, though I had to use an FAQ to figure out where some of the items were that I was missing in the Tower. Which resulted me in having to basically scale the entire thing down and back up again like four times.
And this final boss is definitely complete bullshit. Now I can understand why people were warning others away from playing Ys I first before Oath... it feels like it provides a good foundation for the rest of the series, but some of these game design decisions are really really stupid.

EDIT: Of course, turns out after about only fifteen more attempts this morning I finally succeeded. Still felt heavily like a bit of luck, though.

brassica

Merry Christmas everyone!
I received tons of games from a member here, including some classics independant ones I wanted to play since a long time, like Braid and World of Goo!
This community feels so nice.

Blank!

Yes, it is quite good, although the space battle half of the game is far better than the land half.

Unfortunately I've never played Rebellion, but looking at gameplay on youtube, I don't think empire at war is like Rebellion. EAW is more of a traditional RTS with focus on building armies to do battle and less about resource management/base building.

thanks for the impressions, thinking back, I think I actually played this game before lol.

Khronico

Been busy enjoying christmas break but I figured I aught to throw this out there:

All of you duders are pretty cool. ALL OF YOU.

I've said this before and I'll say it again: even despite the minor drama episodes every so often, SteamGAF is the chillest, most friendly community on gaming side.

I hope you all have a great Christmas!

Lain

Merry Christmas to everyone!

--

I played some more Door Kickers today and I noticed that the game randomly hangs for me. The sounds slows down, the cursor slows down and it lasts for 5 seconds or so. It's quite the bothersome annoyance and I have no idea why it would happen.

Monooboe

Started playing Ziggurat and I'm quite liking it, you were right SteamGAF. I'm not sure however how I will liking to play thru the earlier lvl over and over again, feels like it might take too long to come the same levels that you died on in the end.

Jadax

Plague, Inc is actually extremely fun, who knew? Having a blast creating viruses called "Christmas Cheer" and watching them take over the planet.

Yep, a really fun game - but it gets sort of boring after a while, once you finish all the scenarios.

They need to add some other stuff to it, the ape-virus was a nice touch, but I haven't played it for 4-5 months now because it is basically the same thing repeated every single time :(

But at it's core, I love games like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom