• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Deck buttons have stopped working

Ogbert

Hi everyone.

Pulling my hair out as my Steam Deck has decided to stop working. In short, the four face buttons (X,B,Y,A) have all stopped working. Registers nothing. Triggers are fine, but the steam and options buttons have reversed and are erratic in response.

Tried everything to get it to work, but no luck. Can’t really find anything online.

I’ve just factory reset, but even then I have to use touch controls for setup as the buttons still do not work.

Any ideas?!

Imtjnotu

Should have bought a switch

I'm kidding. That sucks. Couldn't find anything on reddit with the same issue to help

Edit: someone says disabling Bluetooth fixes it temporarily.

Last edited:

Beechos

Sounds like something that happens to like keyboards and stuff with water damage not saying thats what happened to your steamdeck. But thats usually the syptoms i get when i spill water on my input devices.

AndrewRyan

Sounds like a ribbon cable came loose. If you feel comfortable opening stuff up it might be worth taking a look to see if you see something unplugged or loose. Otherwise contact Valve.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
MV5BMjE0MDIzMDM4Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODc4MzczNA@@._V1_.jpg

Top Bottom