• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Deck+PC owners. How much do you use your PC after recieveing your Deck?

gaming time is spent on...

• Total voters

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
The switch lite kinda ruins my steam deck.
I still love it.. but the switch lite is so much better in my hands
This is ironic because I didn't like the feel of the switch lite, (especially when using its Dpad) but I prefer the decks feel now. We are opposites

rm082e

The deck has been additive for me. I use it when away from the house. I think I've used it to play a game in bed a few times, but that's not a common thing for me.

OverHeat

« generous god »
JdVvDZB.jpeg

My daily indie gaming session 😂

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
Past couple of months I’ve gotten rid of my 3070 Laptop and upgraded to an RTX4080 model. And just built a high end gaming desktop, paired with a new OLED monitor.

Leaning towards selling my OLED deck…hard to play with compromised power and performance when I’ve got much more powerful hardware.

Sleepwalker

I had a deck and gave it away to nephew who doesn’t have a pc. Gaming on it sucked. It’s heavy, screen was terrible with low res and IPS glow. And playing all games on low is nonsense.
Now I am considering portal. It at least streams high quality games from ps5 and got much better ergonomics. Deck was very heavy and had short battery life.
That said it was good for older games and steam operating system fixes ton of pc problems

The portal is worse than the deck streaming wise imo.

hinch7

Don't really use mine unless its for long travels away and vacations. That and sometimes when family is over. Its an invaluable piece of tech for those purposes.

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Love the Steam Deck and it gets tons of use, but I also still use my PC a lot. I use the Deck for travel and for indie/retro style/pixel art games. But for graphically impressive games I’ll choose the PC any day.

Nintendo Switch was the real loser. I don’t think I’ve played a single game on Switch since I got the OLED Steam Deck at launch.

El Muerto

I work from home so i really dont like sitting in front of my desk all the time. It's nice to play my games in any room of my house. I got a dock in my bedroom and living room so i can game on the tvs if i wanted too.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Deck is for older games + emulation (non shooters, WoWs, RTSs). Or at best a second run on a new game that run good enough.

Last edited:

Denton

I only use Deck when outside home, travelling, or in office - exactly as I intended. When home, I am on PC TV combo.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Deck is for older games + emulation (non shooters, WoWs, RTSs). Or at best a second run on a new game that run good enough.
Steam Deck is the backlog machine. It's making me play some old games that otherwise I wouldn't have bothered with if it weren't for the system.

DanielG165

My PC is still very much my main device, with the Steam Deck being complimentary. The latter is only really good for casual gaming, whereas my tower has significantly more grunt, more utility, and more versatility.

SoloCamo

I have a clear demarcation:

PC : Heavy duty games (heavy in terms of required system power, graphics, physics, FPS combat, etc)
Steam Deck: Light games which can run on a potato (and hence run well on the Deck)

Which ends up meaning i play all my small/indie/cosy games on the Steam Deck, which is perfect for me. If i want to play a big, graphically intensive, AAA title, then i use my powerful PC and large monitor to get the best experience out of it.

This except instead of a Deck I have a laptop with near identical enough performance - Ryzen 7 4700U APU (8cores 8 threads) 32gb cl20 3200mhz. I do the same with older or easier to run games and just use my laptop and save my desktop for the games that need better hardware.

Top Bottom