• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam down with DDOS threat by Phantom Squad on Nov 3

Lmao.

Probably the worst group of script kiddies yet. I heard their next big job was taking down the wifi at their local McDonalds.

Lol well if not for this thread I wouldn't have realised.

I wish this group the same success as lizard squad meaning plenty of jail time

AHA-Lambda

Umm, but why?

If you're going to do this sort of shit why not target like a company that's actually done something?

RK9039

It's down is it?

tumblr_myhqrspQq21shf9jmo1_400.gif

Mozendo

I wasn't kicked off steam since I decided to appear offline, but since it seems Phantom Squad are hardworkers they can count that.

Geedorah

This has to be the most ineffectual DDoS I've ever seen - just logged in and out of Steam for the lulz, and it worked fine ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

low-G

Every time a wannabe hacker kid tweets something it doesn't deserve a thread. (take a lesson from their parents, don't give them any attention)

The Dude

Kids are so fucking stupid these days, I'd beat the fuck out of every one of them given the opportunity

Durante

It's silly enough to be proud of your DDOS'ing when it actually works.

When you claim to take something down entirely for a day and then the result is that it's slightly wonky for a subset of users for half an hour then I lack the words to describe just how silly it is.

alexbull_uk

"This is a serious operation."

LOL. Did anyone even notice they'd done anything? I've been online on steam all night.

Tik115

Neo Member
"Go play on your consoles or something"
*Looks at installed Steam games*
*Counts at least 40 of them which don't require Steam to be online to work*
"....How about you learn to DDoS good?"
*Fires up X3: Terran Conflict*

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Play my consoles? Uh...no losers. I'll just fire up something on Origin, GoG, UPlay, or Blizzard.

Edit: Wait...it's not even down?? Hahahahaha!

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
More like phanthom squad

pi6TFDf.jpg

(Had to reference my obscure namesake one of these days... good enough)

Top Bottom