• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Helpdesk Site: Lots of upcoming games maybe leak, slowly getting confirmed

Nzyme32

The "leak" was basically 50/50 for all titles. Out of the ones that got the most attention the rate was higher but still closer to 75%. The existence of a title in steam database is not proof that it will release on the service. That's a fact. Knowing that it seems crazy to me that people would take another database leak as proof of anything. You might as well flip a coin.

It wasn't 50/50. It was 19/25 games. 24/30 total given the Hardware leaks were likely related to the shitload of hardware Steam released in the following years. That's 80 percent.

We can watch this unfold over the next year anyway. Generally the leaks are 100% accurate, ie these are games that have been added to Steam. Whether they release or are abandoned is another thing, and whether some are operating under pseudonyms is another issue also

Also absence of Sega PC ports

SxZjCwD.png

As in the sequel to PS2 Shinobi, maybe?

RexNovis

Banned
It wasn't 50/50. It was 19/25 games. 24/30 total given the Hardware leaks were likely related to the shitload of hardware Steam released in the following years. That's 80 percent.

Actually the one I was referring to was 92 games of which 63 have released over a year later. That's about 70% (which I updated my oust to reflect). Previous leaks have included 100s of titles. It should never been seen as incontrovertible evidence of a title coming to steam.

Just because a game is included in the database doesn’t mean it exists: many of these games may be old or abandoned projects, tests, or business arrangements that didn’t work out.

The dataminers themselves say that “Everything you read on this site is subject to change, and until there's an official announcement from whomever is making whatever, it's not 100% truth"

When even the people data mining the info are telling you to take it with copious grains of salt then you should probably listen.

wazoo

Nothing from Capcom that I can see, at least on the former Clover front. QLOC owes us an Okami HD port.

QLOC is the porting company for Capcom. After Dragon Dogma, there is no other ps3 game to port, and Capcom is not ps4 ready yet.

So
- port Okami HD
- remove GFWL from Street Fighter x Tekken

- Marvel vs Capcom 3 is more a licence problem

Celcius

°Temp. member
Thanks to madjoki for finding that out.
And thanks to lashman posting some of the leaks.

GRn5mIL.jpg

Guilty Gear Xrd! Yaassss!
I was planning to buy a PS4 after all the great announcements yesterday, but now I realize that everything (except first party stuff) comes to PC eventually these days. :)

SparkTR

Kind of interested to play EDF for the right price. They're fun, especially for the spectacle, but they just get too repetitive for me long term which puts me off buying it for the insane retail prices they want.

Zader

Banned
Danganronpa, yes please.

I've been wanting to play those games for ages but have never had the system to do so

erm why would it be listed as a bundle

i would think square would split them up since bundling them together was a requirement from sony for upports

If half of the stuff mentioned in this leak is true, it really validates my decision to start getting back into PC gaming.

The reason I've been so dedicated to consoles and handhelds over the past decade is that Japanese devs and pubs were pretty much exclusive (the smaller ones anyway, not talking about capcom here)...

But based on this, the market is apparently big enough to support titles as niche as New Little King's Story, which is fantastic. With most of the relevant franchises present and accounted for (and the japanese indie availability on Steam being far superior) its much easier to justify building an new, ass-kicking desktop rig next year. :-D roll on 2016!

Momentary

Banned
It's hilarious that after years of these database entries being leaked and coming true, people still can't seem to grasp that this is legit.

Actually the one I was referring to was 92 games of which 63 have released over a year later. That's about 70% (which I updated my oust to reflect). Previous leaks have included 100s of titles. It should never been seen as incontrovertible evidence of a title coming to steam.

When even the people data mining the info are telling you to take it with copious grains of salt then you should probably listen.

Pretty sure that's more than 63. Some apps are only visible to devs and others were on the store but removed to promote newer games like NASCAR and Football Manager.

It hilarious that after years of these database entries being leaked and coming true, people still can't seem to grasp that this is legit.

At this point I think it's just people hoping their platform doesn't lose an exclusive. Meanwhile I'm foaming at the mouth to double dip on Danganronpa, especially if AE drops on PC. I love my Vita, too.

gamerexq

Neo Member
Why do I have a hard time believing this is true? I know I sound stupid, but the whole thing sounds almost too good to be true.

Can someone tell me why do they think this is more than possible? Why didn't they announce the games already, what's the hold up? Could this be more just a 3rd party developer screwing around? Am I to skeptical? Please, anyone ...

Nzyme32

Pretty sure that's more than 63. Some apps are only visible to devs and others were on the store but removed to promote newer games like NASCAR and Football Manager.

Not to mention the games using pseudonyms of otherwise blank titles like "Unknown title" and "Super Secret Game" etc which obviously no one can identify as having not having come out without knowing the pseudonym.

StevieP

Banned
If half of the stuff mentioned in this leak is true, it really validates my decision to start getting back into PC gaming.

The reason I've been so dedicated to consoles and handhelds over the past decade is that Japanese devs and pubs were pretty much exclusive (the smaller ones anyway, not talking about capcom here)...

But based on this, the market is apparently big enough to support titles as niche as New Little King's Story, which is fantastic. With most of the relevant franchises present and accounted for (and the japanese indie availability on Steam being far superior) its much easier to justify building an new, ass-kicking desktop rig next year. :-D roll on 2016!

I have owned all PlayStation platforms up till the ps4 for this reason as well (though the online fee help me save 400 bucks as well - Fuck that noise). Now there's really no need unless you're into their first party properties. Most of the good stuff ends up on steam.

Truthfully Sony is partially to thank for this as well, what with making what's essentially a low end PC and having visual studio be so intertwined with the development process. Game engine makers also get the nod for decreased complexity in porting material between platforms.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Nobody is saying that the leaks are 100% indicative of an upcoming release, but most of the time they do go somewhere as far as known titles are concerned. Frankly, you're trying awfully hard to downplay the likelihood of the titles listed thus far actually releasing on the PC.

MUnited83

For you.
Why do I have a hard time believing this is true? I know I sound stupid, but the whole thing sounds almost too good to be true.

Can someone tell me why do they think this is more than possible? Why didn't they announce the games already, what's the hold up? Could this be more just a 3rd party developer screwing around? Am I to skeptical? Please, anyone ...

Because people start working on games before they announce them? It isn't that hard to grasp. And no, it isn't a "a 3r party developer screwing around". This leak comes from a new feature from Steam which by mistake allows you to see names that would otherwise be hidden. Unless you think someone was a weird mastermind that was submitting hundreds and hundreds of random stuff into the database (which by definition you can't), naming each one of them at very different dates in hoping they'd be discovered one day?

Not to mention the games using pseudonyms of otherwise blank titles like "Unknown title" and "Super Secret Game" etc which obviously no one can identify as having not having come out without knowing the pseudonym.

Actually you can know which games they were supposed to be by clicking on the links.

Human_me

QLOC is the porting company for Capcom. After Dragon Dogma, there is no other ps3 game to port, and Capcom is not ps4 ready yet.

So
- port Okami HD
- remove GFWL from LOST PLANET 2!!

- Marvel vs Capcom 3 is more a licence problem

Fixed.

Games usually are in development a long time before they are announced and during that time they're already in the Steam backend (usually hidden, except when someone screws up).

Lots of Japanese titles in the leak which were successful and a good fit for the PC (VN, Dungeon Crawlers, co-op shooter, strategy/tactics), and we're seeing more and more Japanese companies jumping on Steam. I could probably list good reasons for most games individually.

Top Bottom