• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Uhh...
Want to try out Bot Colony, start the game, watch the intro cutscene... come to a login screen (really?) aaand... "please update to the latest version."
What? I just downloaded it.

Nabs

Uhh...
Want to try out Bot Colony, start the game, watch the intro cutscene... come to a login screen (really?) aaand... "please update to the latest version."
What? I just downloaded it.

It looks like you have to switch it to the beta. Thanks for the warning about a 3rd party account, I hate that shit.

Turfster

It looks like you have to switch it to the beta. Thanks for the warning about a 3rd party account, I hate that shit.

Yeah. Once I got to that account bullshit, I couldn't even bring myself to care about actually trying to fix what was wrong with it any more and just deleted it again.
I might try it again when it's out of EA, but... eh, looking dubious now.

---------------

Verde Station is... interesting.
Had to restart it since I didn't have sound effects the first time, and it doesn't lock the mouse to the screen center (boo), but it's... intriguing... and kinda creepy.

putting this up again if anyone is interested (or cares)...

Dying Light In-Game Alienware T-Shirt Giveaway

ibjNGhMlbsE61t.jpg

Lain

Started playing Venetica. First impression is overall good, although the game feels a bit janky and the plot a bit dumb, but there seems to be charm in all this. At least until I talked to a girl that would love to give me a sword in exchange for copper. After I got done talking to her I got stuck looking at this:
I'm not even sure where my character was stuck there.

Quitting the game and restarting brought in a sudden revelation: the UI wasn't showing up at all before, which made me wonder why the game would freeze up at times and I had to hit a button for it to start going again... it was just pop-up info stopping the action, but I couldn't see it.

Performance wise, the game can't maintain a constant 60 fps for me. I don't understand why a game that looks like this one looks performs like this, but I get constant 49fps sitting there doing nothing:
while moving around it goes from 60 to 30. I'm just at the beginning so there isn't even anything big going on.
I would have thought that a 970 with an OC 2500k would make an old game like this have rock solid performances. This is somewhat weird.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
yea

it's super burned

this is what i get for trying to play taxing games when i know this shit might happen

i'm a fucking idiot

:(

With any luck, it's just the PSU. It's entirely possible for it to have died without shorting out the mobo/CPU/GPU. Modern ones usually have some manner of short circuit protection measures. Unfortunately there's no real way to test until you have replacement parts. For now best you can do is check the physical condition of everything.

xBladeM6x

yea

it's super burned

this is what i get for trying to play taxing games when i know this shit might happen

i'm a fucking idiot

Just keep swapping out parts, and keep trying to start it. If nothing works, it's likely your Power Supply. Thankfully, they're not too expensive.
Is it plugged in? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom