• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
43811828.jpg

Seriously, time to vote if you haven't already!

kionedrik

Is there a reason why Wolfenstein 2009 isn't on steam? It's really weird seeing the old DOS games and the 2001 attempt at a sequel and not this one.

Also, anyway to buy it?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I haven't played many games from 2016, but what the hell.

Give 5 points to Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen, 4 points to Stardew Valley, and I'll call it a day.

PS, I'll need that in the form of a PM for it to be tallied

Is there a reason why Wolfenstein 2009 isn't on steam? It's really weird seeing the old DOS games and the 2001 attempt at a sequel and not this one.

Also, anyway to buy it?

"Technical reasons" also known as weird corporate bullcrap.

Maybe you can get a physical copy (non Steam)

Also, anyway to buy it?

Licensing issues. I think Activision published it, so they probably own the game itself without the Wolfenstein license, so to get it released again, Acti and Bethesda would need to strike a deal.

jshackles

So tonight's presentation will go like this

The Top 3 DLC will be revealed, followed by Top 5 Early Access games. Then the main event, the top 10 Games on Steam. The top 10 will start at 7:00pm as promised, so we'll be doing the DLC / Early Access before then.

All as voted on by you, the NeoGAF Steam community. There is still about 30 minutes left to have your voice heard.

t1484611200z4.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Also, anyway to buy it?

"Anymore"

It was on steam once upon a time.

kionedrik

"Technical reasons" also known as weird corporate bullcrap.

Maybe you can get a physical copy (non Steam)

Licensing issues. I think Activision published it, so they probably own the game itself without the Wolfenstein license, so to get it released again, Acti and Bethesda would need to strike a deal.

Thanks for clarifying it. I remember playing a bit, maybe a demo, back then and finding it decent, and considering how much I loved TNO and TOB it's sad that I can't go back and play the beginning of the current narrative arc.

Granjinha

Never, ATLUS convinced SEGA to abandon their port strategy. They haven't been able to convince SEGA to kill their PC franchises, but they are trying really hard to.

funny thing about this is that total war is a stronger and better selling franchise than anything SEGA Japan does

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

One minute five second hype line starts here
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, back to games... I admit I kind of want to reinstall Prison Architect. It hit me last night that PA is basically Dungeon Keeper 3. It's all about management, controlling needs, and taking care of your underlings.

I'm going crawling back in hopes that this is true.

jshackles

Voting for our GOTY is now closed. There were 161 entries this year, not bad!

Reveals coming soon. 5PM PST for DLC, 6PM PST for Early Access, and 7PM for GOTY.

Be sure to stick around.

Regginator

So tonight's presentation will go like this

The Top 3 DLC will be revealed, followed by Top 5 Early Access games. Then the main event, the top 10 Games on Steam. The top 10 will start at 7:00pm as promised, so we'll be doing the DLC / Early Access before then.

All as voted on by you, the NeoGAF Steam community. There is still about 30 minutes left to have your voice heard.

t1484611200z4.png

Reveals coming soon. 5PM PST for DLC, 6PM PST for Early Access, and 7PM for GOTY.

Be sure to stick around.

Come on, Deus Ex MD :D

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member

Be sure to stick around.

Sleep vs SteamGAF GOTY
hX5VfJ1.gif

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Looking at the 2015 SteamGAF awards, I still think the Summer Monster clicker game was robbed

jshackles

Just a teaser:

There were 151 games that received valid votes.
There were 43 DLC on people's ballots in total, and
There were 60 Early Access titles that were nominated.

gngf123

I just realised one of my votes was invalid because I just wrote Momodora instead of the full name for Momodora 4 (Reverie Under the Moonlight).

Shit.

Momentary

Banned
I don't see why Berseria couldn't have had better everything even on the base PS4. The game can't be that taxing. The game isn't a looker, so I don't know why they couldn't jazz things up a bit for that console. Makes me glad that this game is hitting PCs man.

I spent some time today using Kal's TSFIX and ReShade to see what I could come up with. I used HDR and Level on the ReShade side. The game also supports AO, but MXAO crushes performance.

It's hard to even find PS4 screenshots of this game. The artifacts in this are bad, but the colors are what I'm trying to show here.

(1080p comparison in the links.)

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/197442

This one is from a Caayn who posted up a pic in the console screenshot thread.
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/197443

Don't know why they couldn't have spent a little bit of time doing that for consoles. I just couldn't stand the washed out colors in the demo. I had to do something. I've never used ReShade either so that took a little bit of time with multiple fix trying to use one d3d9.dll.

jshackles

I just realised one of my votes was invalid because I just wrote Momodora instead of the full name for Momodora 4.

Shit.

Don't worry - I actually went over everyone's vote by hand and matched up the things that didn't exactly match the Steam store name.

In cases like this where there were multiple games that matched "Momodora", I gave you the benefit of the doubt and assumed you meant the one that released in 2016.

Nabs

Don't worry - I actually went over everyone's vote by hand and matched up the things that didn't exactly match the Steam store name.

In cases like this where there were multiple games that matched "Momodora", I gave you the benefit of the doubt and assumed you meant the one that released in 2016.

Good shit. I was worried about that.

gngf123

Okay that's really helpful! Thanks.

Looking forward to seeing this list.

jshackles

Well, let's get things started with the DLC vote. This category had the lowest voter turnout, which just meant that every point mattered. Also, some of these quotes will be taken from the Steam store page which just means nobody wrote a blurb about this particular game from our community.

Without further ado to the festivities, I introduce DLC #5

9StpYGG.png

MRORANGE

Guys, relax.

Me and Jshackles usually rig the voting beforehand so your votes don't really matter.

This years winner is No Mans Sky.

The other two people that voted for it, y'all did good. Superb mini-expansion to CK2.

Paradox has been on fire with mini-expansions for CK2, actually. Way of Life and Reaper's Due both fleshed out the game in really intelligent ways. The former helps to shape a character's development (giving you better control over, say, how long a character lives, or how well they rule, or fight, etc, as well as giving more agency moment-to-moment) and the latter turned plagues and maladies into legit gameplay mechanics, rather than essentially-random nuisances.

CK2's something real special.

Congrats to Paradox. Even though I haven't played the expansion, I got it when it came out and understand it to be one of the best for Crusader Kings II. Hopefully I'll get around to digging into it sooner rather than later.

jshackles

Arulan

Congratulations to Paradox. I've put in a lot of time into Europa Universalis IV and Hearts of Iron IV, but have yet to try Crusader Kings II. I bought The Reaper's Due during the sale, and am looking forward to trying CKII. At some point I'd like to participate in the Paradox-GAF multiplayer games, assuming those are still a thing.

jshackles

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I spent some time today using Kal's TSFIX and ReShade to see what I could come up with. I used HDR and Level on the ReShade side. The game also supports AO, but MXAO crushes performance.
I kinda prefer the original colors for it. If anything I would like to see them with outlines kinda like Symphonia did but maybe not as thick.

If only I figured out how to play the main game.

Start in Ireland in 1066 with a single province and move on from there. It's a very good "tutorial location," because of how isolated and slow-moving things are there for the first couple decades. You will naturally be introduced to concepts like army management, succession, dukedom and kingdomhood, espionage, diplomacy etc. as you conquer Ireland and grow your dynasty and demesne.

The thing to remember is that you don't actually need to play perfectly 100% of the time. There's a great deal of fun to be had just rolling with what ruler you have, letting their traits and histories guide your decisions--it may be an imperfect way to play, but it sure makes the game interesting.

CK2's really special in how such basic mechanics, like opinion, traits, and events, can shape NPCs into genuine characters in your own dynastic narrative. It's really cool and super fun.

I think CK2's release was the moment when Paradox grew into a league of their own.

FLD

So, I take it the images aren't broken for anyone else then? FFS, I swear imgur hates me for some reason. I haven't been able to upload stuff reliably for months now and the entire site's been down for me since yesterday. Doesn't seem to actually be down but I just get this message

{"data":{"error":"Imgur is temporarily over capacity. Please try again later."},"success":false,"status":500}

when I try to go to it. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom