• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
The Total War series is on sale. Should I bite on Rome II (I heard it had issues) or just go with Shogun 2?

You should, they fixed most of the issues and added lots of free content. Shogun 2 is the better game though, at least for the moment

Majukun

Kind of bugs me that Harley and Red Hood are preorder exclusives for Arkham Knight. Cosmetic preorder exclusives are one thing, but entire characters with unique gadgets, weapons, and abilities that everyone misses out on if they don't preorder from select retailers is really off-putting.

only solution is "don't buy the game,at all,maybe when it's at sale 80% off,maybe"

otherwise you have to accept they are robbing you and deal with it

Anteater

look what i'm playing guys

thecrew_2014_07_22_05lyjjd.jpg

the crew

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Kind of bugs me that Harley and Red Hood are preorder exclusives for Arkham Knight. Cosmetic preorder exclusives are one thing, but entire characters with unique gadgets, weapons, and abilities that everyone misses out on if they don't preorder from select retailers is really off-putting.
only solution is "don't buy the game,at all,maybe when it's at sale 80% off,maybe"

otherwise you have to accept they are robbing you and deal with it
And in the case of Arkham Knight, "wait for the GOTY edition" also applies.

Shadownet

Banned
GMG is having a sale on all Batman stuff. Shall I bite on Arkham Orange Season Pass? Or just get Cold Cold Heart?

Is Arkham Origin Blackgate or Scribblenauts Unmasked worth it?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (KillerDark, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Thief Gold -- MB-D1C98E1D44E87AC0 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 3 entrants total.
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin -- MB-5056F22D52AEF70B - Taken by Vuze. 3 entrants total.

t1406127035z1.png

Enjoy!

GMG is having a sale on all Batman stuff. Shall I bite on Arkham Orange Season Pass? Or just ge4t Cold Cold Heart?

Depends on if you want a ton of skins like a normal batman nerd (it also has some extra challenge maps). Your call, it's your $2.50.

I would not recommend anyone buy Arkham Origins Blackgate.
Scribblenauts is probably worth it if you like Scribblenauts or DC comics.

The Total War series is on sale. Should I bite on Rome II (I heard it had issues) or just go with Shogun 2?

Where?

Shadownet

Banned
Depends on if you want a ton of skins like a normal batman nerd (it also has some extra challenge maps). Your call, it's your $2.50.

I would not recommend anyone buy Arkham Origins Blackgate.
Scribblenauts is probably worth it if you like Scribblenauts or DC comics.

I'm not crazy about skins. I'll probably just grab Cold Cold Heart. Probably. Are they done making DLC for Origin?

AsylumX

Wow... What a day. I woke up, 2 booster packs on my inventory, a couple of crazy giveaways here. The world likes to do a lot of shit when I'm doing nothing...

Sub Zero

GMG is having a sale on all Batman stuff. Shall I bite on Arkham Orange Season Pass? Or just get Cold Cold Heart?

I'd recommend the Season Pass, the new challenge maps are fun and more skins are always welcome in Batman games

Scribblenauts Unmasked is great even if you don't know a lot of stuff about the DC Universe. It's also harder than other Scribblenauts games which is a good thing

However nobody should spend money on GMG unless it comes from free rewards credit

Shadownet

Banned
I think the PayItForward rule is the best thing Stump came up with for Modbot. This way everyone is giving away a game. Though there should be a rule that if you haven't given a game away before the raffle is posted. You're not qualify nonetheless. That way, people won't give away $1 game just so they can be eligible.

I'd recommend the Season Pass, the new challenge maps are fun and more skins are always welcome in Batman games

Scribblenauts Unmasked is great even if you don't know a lot of stuff about the DC Universe. It's also harder than other Scribblenauts games which is a good thing

However nobody should spend money on GMG unless it comes from free rewards credit

I love how you told me to get them yet at the end tell me to not spend money on GMG :p

---

@Huggie:Black Plague and all that. Rats are dangerous man.

Anteater

How do you like it so far?

I already uninstalled

I've only driven around for around an hour and did a few missions/quests/races, it reminds me of one of those old mmo racing games I've played many years ago with a mix of burnout paradise. I didn't like the handling and physics but I can't tell if it's just the car I was driving.

The world is huge and pretty detailed, I kind of like that, I mostly just ignored the other stuff and was driving around because of that, but it's incredibly rough due to it being beta. It felt like there were a lot of judders with the framerate at 60fps.

I haven't done any of the multiplayer stuff though so that portion of the game could be fun.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Soooo today is my birthday!! And I had an exam too this morning. I don't know how, but I passed it! So now I can enjoy my birthday more!
LET'S PARTY.

Happy birthday and congrats!

XBLIG doesn't work like that. You can release anything on XBLIG, as long as you pay the fee and meet some requirements. No one bothers trolling it since there's a fee.

I've got trouble believing that last sentence after having seen the average quality of something on XBLIG.

Tizoc

Haha!
ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Thief Gold -- MB-795C540012A70931 - Taken by nature boy
Daikatana -- MB-FC522B17DA55C29B - Taken by freshVeggie
Anachronox -- MB-58C994015EFB6CC1 - Taken by didamangi

Wonder if I need to PM Modbot again to enter Shadownet's giveaway >_>;

hitoshi

God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates man. Man destroys God. Man creates dinosaurs.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (hitoshi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Dino D-Day -- MB-D06B5460ACB61F14

Haha!

Wonder if I need to PM Modbot again to enter Shadownet's giveaway >_>;

Not as far as I'm aware.
The way stump explained modbot's selection process was that it only checks the qualifications as it selects the winner.

So it pulls a name -- corrosivefrost -- see it's on the manual block list.
Ok, so he didn't win.
Next name -- joeGAFer123 -- he hasn't given away a game since he won last.
Next name, then.
Ok, Tizoc. Yes, he's given away 3 games since he won last (providing someone claims those giveaways above), he's not on the black list, ok, it's his. Send him the PM then edit the last post for the giveaway to show him as the winner.

Sub Zero

I love how you told me to get them yet at the end tell me to not spend money on GMG :p

I'd rather buy you full priced copies of these games from the steam store/other sites than have you give money to the GMG jackasses. You can't imagine how much I hate them

Shadownet

Banned
Not as far as I'm aware.
The way stump explained modbot's selection process was that it only checks the qualifications as it selects the winner.

But what if Tizoc is on my blacklist?

I'd rather buy you full priced copies of these games from the steam store/other sites than have you give money to the GMG jackasses. You can't imagine how much I hate them

You rather I spend more money than I already have? :p why you so cold Sub?

And I think I have an idea how much. Don't worry I'll join your cause. GMG won't get a dime from me. Lol

Volimar

how exactly do you get booster packs?

Have games, be a high level. Wait................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................for ages.

Hugstable

Banned
Seems to have been unclaimed since the last time I did it so might as well give it out to someone again if they want it.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Hugstable, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dead Island Epidemic -- MB-376B4C2F063BCFFD - Taken by MTE. 1 entrants total.

t1406128056z1.png

inm8num2

how exactly do you get booster packs?

To be eligible for a game's booster packs you need to have gotten all your card drops for that game.

Depending on your Steam level, you'll get a random booster every now and then. I think the rate of booster drops to a particular game is tied to how many badges other users have crafted for that particular game.

edit - from the FAQ:

How can I get a booster pack?
Once you have received all of your card drops, you become eligible for a booster pack, which is a set of 3 trading cards that may include both basic and foil cards. Booster packs are granted randomly to eligible users as more badges are crafted by members of the community. Make sure you log in to Steam each week to maintain eligibility.

Once eligible, your Steam Level increases your rate of receiving a booster pack drop:

Level 10: +20% increase in your drop rate
Level 20: +40% increase in your drop rate
Level 30: +60% increase in your drop rate
Level 40: +80% increase in your drop rate
Level 50: +100% increase in your drop rate (i.e. the rate has doubled)
Etc.

Clearing the cellar.
ModBot said:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (freshVeggie, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Bounty Hounds Online Beta -- MB-E4DB1A8861D81810 - Taken by Demon Lizardman
ulgzbKC.png
Instant Dungeon! (Desura) -- MB-D323D8BC230D733B - Taken by S1n1st3r
ulgzbKC.png
Agapan (Desura) -- MB-350D69B9AB21F978 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Hacker Evolution Untold -- MB-65592C19C044F98E - Taken by Purkake4
ulgzbKC.png
Blob from Space (Desura)- -- MB-5220C1F432EF99B1 - Taken by cardinalmind
Paradigm Shift -- MB-27EB5055178237FE - Taken by Aitor
Killing Floor (Guest Pass) -- MB-5B40A66C12533D2D
ulgzbKC.png
Station Eris (Desura) -- MB-68D0302AEB4649D6 - Taken by Catshade
Gun Monkeys -- MB-96D55A53C02A9D69
ulgzbKC.png
Stoorm (Desura) -- MB-1C08E95DBB43F701 - Taken by Henry Swanson

maty

Woke up and saw this in my inbox

:D

Nietzsche in the house, too deep for mah videogamez :p

Will install when I get home. Thanks corrosivefrost!!

Here is something in return for steamGAF

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bornlivedie, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed -- MB-A9D8AA76DFA904B0 - Taken by alr1ght. 24 entrants total.

t1406138255z1.png

Kinda random but I got the mobile game Ninja Village by Kairosoft a few months ago and then after playing Total War: Shogun 2, I was really amused by the similarities. Ninja Village is like a simplified 8-bit version without the strategic battles (as if you auto-resolved them), but with more city-building elements. Needless to say, I enjoyed them both.

f18qIwMgmknuMKewlyKolLd9noeIEiGr_L3vfKSSuNhMEcHMCHoheHEI4VJBE8LHOwM=h900-rw

Ha, rookie mistake. Forgot to change Block Stories name and ModBot blocked the user story, ha.
Well, here it is. Block Story.
ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (freshVeggie, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Block_Story -- MB-CFC8004C8A4ACA58 - Taken by Jørdan

Strider

Just realized I've been on Gaf one year today O_O

Anyway I am so so close to picking up Transistor even though I know I should just wait for a sale. I lack self control :/

Beelzebubs

Just realized I've been on Gaf one year today O_O

Anyway I am so so close to picking up Transistor even though I know I should just wait for a sale. I lack self control :/

It's supposed to be an amazing game, I don't see there being major discounts on it til winter sale so pick it up now! Buy it with keys it should be cheaper.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bioshock -- MB-F6EBA6262A258286 - Taken by Dusk Golem
For the one person that doesn't have it yet

t1406139095z1.png

Sub Zero

So are you saying Shogun 2 now and Rome II later? Or Rome II now since they fixed most of the issues?

I think it really depends on which setting you like most. Rome II has a much larger scale than Shogun 2 with hundreds of different factions, unit types etc Shogun 2 is a smaller but tighter and more refined experience. It's also cheaper to get Shogun +all DLC than base Rome II if I'm not mistaken

I'd personally go with the Gold Edition of Shogun 2 and wait for Rome II to be done with all it's DLCs and expansions. There are still a lot of them on the way and by the time all of them are out Rome II will probably be a completely different game and hopefully better than Shogun 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom