• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gods Will be Watching sounds good, but I really wish people wouldn't fall back on that art style. You can do so much with pixels, people. Be creative!

Unrest sounds great. Too bad it doesn't release until late July and I'll probably have forgotten all about it by then.

Murdered: Soul Suspect looks and sounds amazing. Sounds almost too good to be true - makes me wonder what the catch is. Shitty controls? Repetitive gameplay? Am I being too cynical?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
June is just leaving itself clear for the glory that is Shovel Knight.

Because it sure as hell wasn't May, April, March ... :|

At this rate, we probably won't get it until August.

Unrest sounds great. Too bad it doesn't release until late July and I'll probably have forgotten all about it by then.

Oh wow, I didn't realize that it got pushed back. It was slated to come out in late June before, the exact date was June 26th. Looks like it has to be edited out then, unfortunately.

Shame since it's going to arrive near the Sale times, so it'l likely get overlooked by many.

New thread? Yay.

I know this is kinda not the place to do this but I would like more of my Steam-bros on PSN (it feels very lonely compared to Steam).

Feel free to add me on Steam/PSN/Uplay: MadrugadorDG

zkylon

zkylewd
Divinity: Original Sin is the AAA of my heart.
i'm still confused why you're so hyped about that game

i mean i have it on my wishlist and shit but u know, i don't really care for multiplayer in my rpgs and nothing else so far has looked specially interesting

tho i haven't been paying attention to be fair

Tellaerin

100%
Mr.
Orange Juice ITT. Good stuff, man.

Really like how peoples' picks are bringing titles I wouldn't have known about to my attention. Gods Will Be Watching, in particular, seems like my kind of thing.

Wonder if we ought to look into setting up a SteamGAF-curated storefront if and when that becomes possible...

New threads so quickly nowadays...

We're monthly now. : )

saunderez

Edit: Fixed.

QWVhdqQ.png
Don Bradman Cricket 14.....FINALLY. Been waiting what feels like years to play that game and even though it doesn't seem like it ended up all it should have been I'm still excited.

Phinor

So much garbage coming this month. By garbage I mean great games like Sniper Elite 3 that I've already pre-ordered because sometimes you just enjoy a bit of garbage.

Divinity: OS will actually be interesting and not in a garbage way. Proper decent budget PC game that looks to be of very high quality. Do we have any idea how well it has sold so far?

Sober

Gods Will be Watching sounds good, but I really wish people wouldn't fall back on that art style. You can do so much with pixels, people. Be creative!
I believe it is the same devs that did Sword and Sworcery?

Either way I played it at PAX this year and the art style does work for it. Any higher fidelity and they'd either have to dial back on how the scenarios work or take longer to finish it I think.

Durante

i'm still confused why you're so hyped about that game
==>
tho i haven't been paying attention

But in all seriousness, even disregarding the coop, it's an incredibly ambitious large-scale party-based isometric tactical CRPG with a depth and breadth of systems and environment interaction we haven't seen in the genre since Ultima 7. It also features a turn-based battle system with free movement, which is far too rare. And from the current state of the pre-release it appears to actually live up to its promise in almost all aspects.

There hasn't been a game like this in ages.

How could I not be hyped?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Hello new thread, I shall call you GAF home.

Also good to see Unrest get notice. interesting game.
The developer is a member of this board too.

New thread? Yay.

I know this is kinda not the place to do this but I would like more of my Steam-bros on PSN (it feels very lonely compared to Steam).

Feel free to add me on Steam/PSN/Uplay: MadrugadorDG

Always good to have friends. My U.S. account is KenOD and it still has friend slots needed to be filled.

MRORANGE

Quickly added the game to the OP:

1001 Spikes
- SalsaShark
"1001 Spikes (formerly known as Aban Hawkins & the 1001 Spikes) is an enhanced remake of the Xbox Live Indie Game Aban
Hawkins & the 1000 Spikes by 8Bits Fanatics. The new version is being brought to a variety of systems by Nicalis.
In 1001 Spikes, players begin as explorer Aban Hawkins searching for his missing archeologist father and the treasure of Ukampa in
South America. Players will run through the temple ruins while avoiding deadly traps. 1001 Spikes can be played single-player or with
up to four players in co-op and versus modes. The game includes more than 100 stages, two dozen unlockable characters and
multiple endings."

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Replies from the previous thread:

You're still in my good book RionaaM (though you should have bought a WiiU). I hope you're only after PS3 exclusives as the gowning trend of late ports on Steam pretty much has reduced my consoles to the utility cupboard.
Nah, Wii U doesn't interest me, at least not for now. I tried it twice, because a friend owns it, and while I did have fun, I don't feel I need one at the moment. If Paper Mario 5 gets released there I'll change my mind.

And yes, I want a PS3 for the exclusive titles. Everything that also has a PC version I'd rather play there, but there are a bunch that didn't make it, plus Sony has several first (or second, I don't know) party games that I want.

When it hits sub-30fps, you'll notice. Dragon's Dogma is barely playable for me. :(
Trust me, I've grown playing games at sub-20 FPS (I think). As long as the game doesn't freeze, I can deal with it :p

Salsa

Quickly added the game to the OP:

1001 Spikes
- SalsaShark
"1001 Spikes (formerly known as Aban Hawkins & the 1001 Spikes) is an enhanced remake of the Xbox Live Indie Game Aban
Hawkins & the 1000 Spikes by 8Bits Fanatics. The new version is being brought to a variety of systems by Nicalis.
In 1001 Spikes, players begin as explorer Aban Hawkins searching for his missing archeologist father and the treasure of Ukampa in
South America. Players will run through the temple ruins while avoiding deadly traps. 1001 Spikes can be played single-player or with
up to four players in co-op and versus modes. The game includes more than 100 stages, two dozen unlockable characters and
multiple endings."

thanks baby

Arthea

Deadly Premonition looks nice? Well, that's unexpected event of the day for sure.

edited: also good work MR Orange as always.

Salsa

friendly reminder that there's a bunch of cheap ($20ish) Steam Keys for Murdered: Soul Suspect on Ebay thanks to an AMD promotion with new cards, batman style

Should I play SSF4AE now or wait for Ultra?

Also, I have KB/M and controller, seems like controller is the only way to go for games like SF4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom