• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Acceptance is sloooowly sinking in...

uKXD1I8.gif

xist

I feel like a lesser person for not appreciating VN's but personally I can't see why I'd "play" a visual novel as opposed to reading a book or playing a more interactive game. I tried really hard to like the Fata Morgana demo but failed miserably.

Endruen

I feel like a lesser person for not appreciating VN's but personally I can't see why I'd "play" a visual novel as opposed to reading a book or playing a more interactive game. I tried really hard to like the Fata Morgana demo but failed miserably.

Because they're "books" that aren't in book form.
Some of them have even better stories than most books (I'm looking at you, Umineko).

But it is like a book, just with music, voices and backgrounds.

Endruen

Is someone else having problems buying the bundle or is it just me? It says my card was rejected, but I have enough money.

xist

Because they're "books" that aren't in book form.
Some of them have even better stories than most books (I'm looking at you, Umineko).

But it is like a book, just with music, voices and backgrounds.

Reading a book via a computer monitor doesn't feel right, plus it removes one of the most important parts of a book (somewhat)....using your imagination. I'm far from denigrating the experience because I like the idea in principle as I read a lot but there's too much disconnect for me.

Reading a book via a computer monitor doesn't feel right, plus it removes one of the most important parts of a book (somewhat)....using your imagination. I'm far from denigrating the experience because I like the idea in principle as I read a lot but there's too much disconnect for me.

I think thats why most people like to read VNs on a tablet or sth. like the surface.

Eila

Damn, I had already bought a bunch of those games because I thought they would never bundle them. Live and learn I guess.

Endruen

Nah, imagination still takes place, most of the time you won't see characters doing things other than talking, so everything still gets narrated, and that includes some of the most gruesome scenes from Umineko.

Your card is trying to save you.
My card doesn't seem to like Rain World either, then.

Nzyme32

Humble NSFW bundle?

Holy shit, Humble Bundle is on fire!

Oh my god

L1T9U1g.gif

That's it, I am now a console-only gamer.

---

Greenlight is RIP

[Steam Blog] Closing Greenlight Today, Steam Direct Launches June 13 - https://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791457287600/announcements/detail/1265922321514182595

Since, people just as expected missed this news because of very humble animu bundle. here is image for more visibility:
irNGaw7.jpg

Also looking forward to seeing this. Here's hoping new client makes an appearance too.

Knurek

Best to think of it as a 'radio play'.
You know, those old BBC ones, Hitchhiker's Guide to Galaxy and all that.
Just with more animu.
It's totally okay to not like the genre, it's not like playing VNs is mandatory.
Yet

Tonton

LOL really tempted at the highest tier for Root Double and World end Economica and Fault Milestone 2 is there anything else in there that's worth it

Happy animeing
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

WORLD END ECONOMiCA episode.01 -- MB-5190CD83DA5BD1B0 - Taken by MaxiLive. 5 entrants total.
fault milestone one -- MB-F05910EB42FB394F - Taken by sadblob. 6 entrants total.

t1496775087z1.png

sprinkles

I definitely did not buy this bundle just to get a Steam Key for Root Double because after one year I am still waiting on my 40 Kickstarter Vita port... oh wait I just did.

Ah well, lots of spares, enjoy the Anime!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (sprinkles, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ame no Marginal Rain Marginal -- MB-59F11869F89F9E0F - Taken by dot. 1 entrants total.
Idol Magical Girl Chiru Chiru Michiru Part 1 -- MB-9CFC94B07F741B9E - Taken by data. 4 entrants total.
Idol Magical Girl Chiru Chiru Michiru Part 2 -- MB-F2D25A044A60EA95 - Taken by sadblob. 2 entrants total.
NEKOPARA Vol. 0 -- MB-01D16D909C75C46F - Taken by gurm3n. 1 entrants total.
NEKOPARA Vol. 1 -- MB-1DBE2BAC54A061DA - Taken by Monooboe. 1 entrants total.
NEKOPARA Vol. 2 -- MB-C5E1EFBD3E3C2A63 - Taken by Snakethesniper. 3 entrants total.
Narcissu 10th Anniversary Anthology Project -- MB-31DB63C053C51B24 - Taken by Orgen. 3 entrants total.
Sunrider Liberation Day Captain's Edition -- MB-7D3E38318EC08AE8 - Taken by Hakkelus. 4 entrants total.
WORLD END ECONOMiCA episode.01 -- MB-C085985002CE74D7 - Taken by Reverse Flash. 3 entrants total.
WORLD END ECONOMiCA episode.02 -- MB-B69FDE58BB1A1D59 - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.
fault milestone one -- MB-CE3A3FF0328639DE - Taken by bbd23. 1 entrants total.
fault milestone two side:above -- MB-7F9E778A721D6D08 - Taken by Tonton. 4 entrants total.

t1496785083z1.png

Aaron D.

You know how for the longest time many claimed that The Walking Dead, Gone Home or Euro Truck Simulator 2 weren't "real games"?

It's kind of like that.

Gaming in the modern space is a pretty broad and diverse proposition.

VNs are a unique medium, blending writing with animation, voice acting and soundtrack. I'm not expert with them or anything, but maybe it might help not to think of them so much as games but more like electronic entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom