• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam logo on Final Fantasy XIII portal site

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnrealEck

Funny, I just made a post about how I think FFXIII would sell quite well on Steam and that they should bring over the later FF games to PC.

I also quite liked Lightning. Probably because she's not the typical whiney brat teenager you find in many JRPGs.

Toth

I'd love to see LR running better than the PS3 version, which wasn't even that bad. It's a great value ala FFXHD if they release as a set. FF13's battle system is worth it alone.

orochi91

What does this mean for consoles though?

I know many who would buy a PS4/XB1 for a FF/MGS/KH game, but if they are
coming to PC than that negates any reason to jump to next gen consoles :/

Shepard

This is one of the things that I kinda expected but kept telling to myself: -No way it's gonna happen!
This will make other Japanese devs pay more attention to the pc market, sooo, hurray!!

ZeroX03

Banned
Damnit devs, stop throwing your shovelware on Steam! What happened to a curated market of quality games?

/s

but kind of not

Aselith

Square just shot themselves in the f-

Square just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about console gaming culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in pc gaming where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in consoles, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the console gamers, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXIII for any system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel FFXIII for steam or you can kiss your business goodbye.

I'll see my own way out :/

mdubs

Banned
Every time that parody post pops up, someone new finds out about it.

Muppet's legacy shall never die.

MtZ9N.gif

Somnid

Well the problem here is that no console sells in Japan so to even justify investment they have to diversify to PCs, tablets and phones.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It's plausible.

Running Dive-In is way easier from a PC version so if one exists, why not release it?

DQX had a PC port shortly before its Cloud release.

I'm not that big of a Final Fantasy fan since I like other RPGs like Dragon Quest and Tales more.

And Final Fantasy XIII is one of my least favourite Final Fantasy games. But I still think this is neat and I'm really excited for it. Because it means that Square Enix is bringing more new games that don't already have PC ports or are on Unity to Steam. That's really great.

That means all sorts of great things can happen. Maybe Square Enix will bring all their games to Steam. That would be so great.

I didn't like the gameplay very much in Final Fantasy XIII. But it was kind of cinematic and the story was kind of okay. And it was very pretty. Now since the game is going to be on the PC, people will be able to play the game in 4K. Even if Square Enix don't give 4K resolution options, I'm sure fans will find a way to mod and put it in there. And since it's on Steam fans could request it and Square Enix could add 4K in with a patch or something.

There's all sorts of other mods that could be neat, too. Someone could add mods to give the game more sidequests or be less linear or something like that.

But more than anything I'm excited to see more new games from Square Enix on Steam. The last new games from Square Enix that were on Steam were The Last Remnant and Final Fantasy XIV.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

Type 0 HD is coming out next year. And nobody is going to buy an Xbox one or PS4 for "Lighting trilogy" to start with.

Omega

Banned
add cards and you have my money Square.

i bought 7 and 8 for nostalgia reasons. i won't buy 13 for nostalgia reasons.

BasilZero

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS if true.

Time to double dip ;)

Also whats going on!? First FFIV and now this (assuming if its true :eek:).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom