• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Machines Announced (Multiple manufacturers, 2014, reference design, SteamOS)

Gamerloid

Steam controller

controller.jpg

That looks quite horrible to use but then again it was made so you can play most pc games with it. The buttons in particular look out of place.

Only saving grace is that it is hackable.

I wonder if maybe the controller is what is going to be revealed tomorrow? Some people have suggested that it is BPM related (or did Valve say it is BPM related?) but I can't see how anything BPM related could be worth an announcement. Perhaps some kind of video/music streaming partnership.

BOOYA!!!!!

Bookoo

Skeptical of dual track pads, but really interested to check it out.

However I feel it was pretty pointless to spread these announcements out over 3 days. These type of hype builders never seem to pay off.

Macattk15

That controller looks like shit and I for one would never use it.

I had trackpads ... trackballs ... whatever. Hate hate hate.

Put me down as a "-".

Hakkelus

I was expecting trackballs but these will be better. On onlineshooters these will dominate traditional gamepads, I think. Not sure if this is better than mouse and keyboard though.

FGMPR

Banned
Why are people shitting on this already? How could you honestly know how you would react to it without at least holding the thing in your hands?

So I assume everyone noticed this:

What’s next?
We’re done with our announcements, and we promise to switch gears now and talk specifics over here in our Steam Universe community group. Also we’ll talk soon about the design process and how we’ve arrived at our current prototype. (We’ll post detailed specs next week for our living room SteamOS prototype, too.)

Specs for the Steambox prototype next week!

Top Bottom