• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eila

m18V7Cw.png

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I think I'm going to go with cry.
Thanks to everyone who replied and tried to help out. I guess it's time to resign myself to my fate.

E-mail Gaben, not that anything is going to take out your VAC ban, but maybe they can specify further why you got banned.

I so want to like Endless Legend, but the combat and unit upgrade system put me off every time.

The upgrade system, unless it's been changed recently, is so overly busy. That's one of the things I prefer in Civ V over Endless Legend, the unit upgrading is so simple. If you have a resource and the money required to upgrade a unit, the unit just needs to be in your territory, select it and press U, you're done. It's too granular in Endless Legend with having to create your own categories for upgraded versions of units and having to deal with multiple equipment slots.

Purkake4

Banned
The upgrade system, unless it's been changed recently, is so overly busy. That's one of the things I prefer in Civ V over Endless Legend, the unit upgrading is so simple. If you have a resource and the money required to upgrade a unit, the unit just needs to be in your territory, select it and press U, you're done. It's too granular in Endless Legend with having to create your own categories for upgraded versions of units and having to deal with multiple equipment slots.
This is pretty much it 100%.

Eila

Looks like it keeps the shit framerate. Also wtf, why is it 15:9 like the 3DS? Couldn't get it running 16:9? Wonder if you run it on a 4:3 monitor it's just a giant letterbox.
On top of that the pre-rendered sprites look the same as they did on 3DS. Shame they didn't re-render them in higher resolutions.
But at a least the 3D background objects run at higher resolutions than 3DS. Shame many of them are also 2D and just look blurry. These devs need to learn to keep high-res assets :(

Lain

get hyper light drifter

it's the dark souls of zelda

doesnt explain shit, combat is hard as fuck

It is, though I'm wondering if most of the difficulty I'm finding is because I'm persevering with KB/M. Sometimes I'm killing fools in style, dashing left and right, and sometimes I die at the first dash because I end dashing on the enemies instead of away from them.

Moving everything to a new computer is such a pain.

I could've just imaged my current one to the new one, but it was probably time for a refresh on my Windows install anyway. Being in that weird middle ground of not firmly on one computer or another is always terrible.

You guys weren't kidding about how amazing an SSD is, though.

EDIT: Top of the page -- anyone got any advice on getting Steam to mark games as installed when I move my Steam hard drive across? Last time I moved games I had to manually go and "install" each game for Steam to realize that the files were already there.

zkylon

zkylewd
haha, nice PJs zkylon, did your mommy buy em for ya
actually i only have one pajama set and she did buy it for me

and no it's not pink

my bedheets are tho

? been talking about it here all day with others and there's an active OT / articles in RPS about how hard it is etc

get your head out your anime butt
ahh was busy most of the day and didnt check the thread much

kinda sux it's a really hard game

really hard is not something i care much for

r3n4ud

Sloppy seconds

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

hocus -- MB-7E731792CC162077 - Taken by Kuroyume
Kick Ass Commandos -- MB-FB3F5719003517F9 - Taken by Kifimbo
Herding Dog -- MB-67F771E071526FE6 - Taken by Henry Swanson
The Lost Island -- MB-223E0C8C92589744 - Taken by rainking187
xheRJRF.gif
POSTAL 2 -- MB-2AA6F8F98DCBA8CA - Taken by Regginator
Krai Mira -- MB-016F39AD16412FE1 - Taken by Baron_Calamity

Salsa

Will take another crack at the game tomorrow. Had to play a lighter game, Cally's Caves 3, to stop me from raging lol

gotta go light on the dash with that guy

its like dark souls in the way that if you take it methodical it ends up being not that hard

till that point dash is super cool and all the rage

using it on that boss, tho, you end up overshooting it, and you get to one of the lit platforms and you get fucked

if you just WALK, it works much better

it's a great way to teach you a lesson

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition is actually pretty good. I like all the improvements they did to the interface. Also, it finally took care of the weird and annoying graphical glitches I have been experiencing in all the IE games and could never get rid of (the cursor and/or the fog of war flickering (yes I tried almost everything)).
With the new companions and the fact that the game is required for Dragonspear (which I will get later) I consider it a good buy for $5 (unless it's included in the monthly tomorrow).

(edit) They even put a new class into the game. Not sure I will use it though. I don't want to break the game's balance.

r3n4ud

gotta go light on the dash with that guy

its like dark souls in the way that if you take it methodical it ends up being not that hard

till that point dash is super cool and all the rage

using it on that boss, tho, you end up overshooting it, and you get to one of the lit platforms and you get fucked

if you just WALK, it works much better

it's a great way to teach you a lesson

Thanks for the tip.

Hopefully I can make some progress tomorrow.

data

I've been reading comments about how good Warframe is now (I played it years ago)
Logged in to my account today, it seems that I've been suspended until 2035 (!)

Anyone ever had that happen to them?

Hadn't logged into my Warframe account for what had to be 2 years, got this. Then I messaged support and they lifted the ban for me, saying someone from a different IP logged into my account and the ban was a security measure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom