• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

htZOv99.png

HLepZ0y.jpg

Deadbolt
- More_Badass
After the success of sci-fi roguelite Risk of Rain, Hopoo Games is back with Deadbolt. In Deadbolt, you play as the ultimate harbinger of death, the Reaper himself, in a noir-ish take on supernatural fantasy. Unleash your wrath upon on undead gangs, vampire nightclubs, and more, blending furious firepower. stealth, and otherworldly abilities. Shoot out lights, wield knives, axes, or your scythe to cut enemies down quietly, take cover behind flipped tables and blow enemies apart with everything from pistols to grenade launchers. And if you've mastered the campaign, you can also create and share your own levels.

Karaski: What Goes Up...
- Kurt Russell

The last few years have seen a resurgence of adventure games. A genre once thought dead, or at least dormant got an injection of adrenaline from two sources: Double Fine (helmed by veteran adventure game designer Tim Schafer) and relatively newcomers Telltale. But giving those two fine companies ALL the credit for the resurgence of adventure games wouldn't be fair. Others have also done an amazing job keeping people interested in the genre. People such as the fine guys over at Cardboard Computer or Unbound Creations. Today we'll be talking about a game released by the latter (who also released the most excellent Postmortem: One must die)
Karaski: What Goes Up... is that game. The interesting thing about Unbound Creations is that their games don't focus all that much on puzzles, QTEs or life altering decisions. They instead chose to focus on people and small, personal stories. Karaski is a game about a magnificent airship which has experienced a catastrophic accident. But that's not really it... It's a game about the people in that airship, their motivations, their small quirks and what they did before they got onboard.
As an agent for an unknown organization you must discover what happened to the airship and who's the saboteur (or is it you?!) In order to accomplish your objective you can sneak, talk, intimidate or steal stuff. But there's nobody there to tell you exactly what happened, and nothing is set in stone. Your actions will dictate the ending, and you will decide what happened by yourself, after hearing what the characters have to say, or obtaining the information by other means. It's a game designed to be replayed, and in many ways it works similarly to a choose your own adventure book (or a Way of the Samurai game)
Will you discover what happened to the magnificent airship Karaski? Will you save the ship from certain doom? Or maybe you were the saboteur all along?

Shardlight
- Tizoc
Shardlight is releasing by March 8th and is the latest game from Wadjet Eye, known for their Blackwell series and Technobabylon, a Blade Runner-esque PnC Game.

Shradlight takes place in a dystopian setting, where you play as Amy Wellard Amy Wellard, a mechanic who is forced to take on “lottery jobs” to get a chance at winning a vaccine from the government to treat a wildly spreading plague that has infected her.

Featuring Wadjet Eye's trademark Pixel art, the game received some very positive impressions from RPS, and other Adventure game centric websites.

ASTRONEER
- MRORANGE

ASTRONEER is an early access game, that I would probably lump into the random-generated exploratory genre. While Indie games have been doing ths to death I appreciate the art style and the fact you can transform the landscape in real-time to survive and transform the planet you are on.

Blazblue CPE
- Leafhopper

Blazblue:Chronophantasma Extend continues the insane events of Kagutsuchi to the new area of legend, Ikaruga. Now with much more on the line rivals and enemies have to team up to fight against this powerful force. With new faces abound and some coming out of the shadows to join the fray BBCPE is one of the most diverse fighting games character and mechanic wise. The new overdrive system, introduced in normal BBCP, will allow a player to do more efficient and damaging combos to nullify their opponent with style. With the character count now at 28, there is bound to be something for everyone. With a very sizable story mode, and extra single player modes, someone who isn't up for fighting against the AI can enjoy this game just fine. Finally it is armed to teeth with tutorials and challenges for new players and explaining the story so far for people that have not been keeping up.

The best part about it? This marks Blazblue finally catching up to the console versions of the game as well.

THdtbRc.jpg
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread. The discussion of splitting retail packs is fine though.
  • Do not spam post your steam stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.
  • Examples of good posting behaviour and bad posting behaviour.
  • Don't hype pre-order bundles that you have no idea about.Just buy them!
6DGEBFt.jpg
6DGEBFt.jpg

anvsCf6.jpg

Pm me a recommendation, make sure you request first as someone else might have reserved it.

For the new page with updated Spreadsheetedness!!!

Right then boys and girls seeing as this is a pain in the arse to do in game let's try this...

Google Form to Submit Your Details

**Spreadsheet**

If you need to grab your permalink Steam ID check your profile under Enhanced Steam or on AStats. If you can't or struggle to find it don't worry I'm going to clean up the Spreadsheet before posting it as it's open to the public to make things easier so will more than likely full of rubbish that needs tidying up.

4 but who's counting? Well unless you made a mistake :p

MRORANGE

Thread was early this time ;p

As always PM if you want to write a recommendation.

Mdobot has been linked.

See ya next month.

giphy.gif

ASTRONEER
- MRORANGE

ASTRONEER is an early access game, that I would probably lump into the random-generated exploratory genre. While Indie games have been doing ths to death I appreciate the art style and the fact you can transform the landscape in real-time to survive and transform the planet you are on.
Looks dope.
Appreciate you being so on time this month ...psst, it's a leap year ;)

Arthea

a new thread, this early? that doesn't seem right for some reason

also buy Stardew Valley and play it
you can thank me later

Dr Dogg

Can you at least add this before you vanish for 32 days? Has all of SteamGAF's (well, those who entered) FighterID info for SFV. The excel sheet is there and the Google form Dr Dogg threw up.

Would be useful to add to the OP for coming months, too, I think.

I haven't looked at the unedited version of that in a week. Soz if you've submitted your name and I've not updated it. I'll pull my finger out tomorrow if it needs any attention.

Well that thread is off to a great start!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom