• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sajjaja

That Combat system though!!!

I have a soft spot for Cyanide (the devs) to be honest. Game of Thrones was surprisingly well done in terms of story with its really bland gameplay. Of Orcs and Men story is apparently really good. They are a studio that has great potential.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
So, regardless of the thread title, we're all expecting a sale coming up any day now, yes? I've noticed probably 10-15 indie game titles receive small updates over the last week or so. Usually means impending easter eggs or whatever for the upcoming sale.

This has probably already been covered in this thread, apols if it has.

There is no actual May steam sale. It is a joke relating to the nebulous nature of some of the non-summer steam sales and the OP thinking it would be funny if people kept asking about a nonexistant sale.

Lomax

So, regardless of the thread title, we're all expecting a sale coming up any day now, yes? I've noticed probably 10-15 indie game titles receive small updates over the last week or so. Usually means impending easter eggs or whatever for the upcoming sale.

This has probably already been covered in this thread, apols if it has.

There's supposed to be an Amazon "May"hem sale starting any day now, but there's been no real word on what will be in it or if the new rep has enough pull to get any worthwhile deals.

I have a soft spot for Cyanide (the devs) to be honest. Game of Thrones was surprisingly well done in terms of story with its really bland gameplay. Of Orcs and Men story is apparently really good. They are a studio that has great potential.

They also completely redid and improved the English translation of Mars: War Logs after release, something very few companies would do.

Knurek

Wasn't Of Orcs and Men done by Spiders? *checks wiki* Oh, co-developed by them and Cyanide.

Shaneus

There is no actual May steam sale. It is a joke relating to the nebulous nature of some of the non-summer steam sales and the OP thinking it would be funny if people kept asking about a nonexistant sale.
Ah, fair enough. But in all honesty though, I had figured since I saw a bunch of updates that something is coming up. No idea when updates for games with existing easter eggs were patched, but this could be the first run of them for the next one I guess.

I really want to grab Of Orcs and Men, but GS isn't cooperating with me. Every time I try to check out, I get:

!
Oops!
Oops!
We've encountered a problem processing your order. We have not charged you and your order has not been placed. Please try again or contact Customer Care at 1-800-883-8895.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Ah, fair enough. But in all honesty though, I had figured since I saw a bunch of updates that something is coming up. No idea when updates for games with existing easter eggs were patched, but this could be the first run of them for the next one I guess.

No worries! Usually in the case of prep, JaseC or one of the other Steamdb monitors will bring it up.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Been so busy with work lately and been too tired to game when I find the time. What have I been missing SteamGAF?

Nothing too major outside of a few releases like Transistor and Wolfenstein. Humble Bundle has been less than spectacular recently with daily bundles. We talked about subways a few weeks back. So pretty much the same stuff as usual.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Despite having played well more than ten different playlists and rated them all, I can't seem to get Battlebox Theater's achievement of Theater Critic to unlock. Not quire sure what I'm doing wrong there.

Oh well, a stage called The Floor is Level and a rather fun remake of Super Mario Bros 1 stages were all quite enjoyable even if the others were a bit of a mix. Really great game this, highly recommend it to platformer fans or someone needing a co-op game.

Backlogger

Nothing too major outside of a few releases like Transistor and Wolfenstein. Humble Bundle has been less than spectacular recently with daily bundles. We talked about subways a few weeks back. So pretty much the same stuff as usual.

Sandwiches or underground rail systems?

Really looking forward to picking up Wolfenstein but will probably wait for some price drops. PC gaming has really turned me into a cheap skate even on games I really really want.

I won Knytt Underground but the key doesnt work. Thanks anyway Armoured Priest!

I have a extra sitting around want it?
tumblr_mki10o11ar1r00g3do1_r1_500.gif

zkylon

zkylewd
Hmmm, I usually keep the ring that gives me additional spell slots and the 3rd dragon ring... and then I swap out the ring of blades +2 and cloranthy ring +2 for whatever else I might need (gold covetous +2 for farming, bind ring if I don't want to use a humanity, etc.).
I'm pretty flexible on my head gear -- I'm quite partial to the Hexer's Hood though... though I still want to get the true Aurous set and the Shadow set too. I could see using the helmet from the Shadow set when it suited me and I needed power instead of quantity.
well i just upgraded the crown to +5 no fucking way that thing's leaving my pretty head

i don't know what to spends my souls on anymore, i have like 200k at all times

zkylon

zkylewd
new saoirse is like a flipped human version of my avatar

you know if my avatar was mad at something

maybe it's not that similar

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
new saoirse is like a flipped human version of my avatar

you know if my avatar was mad at something

maybe it's not that similar

Oh my gosh, it's close to my avatar too if it was flipped around and angry
and human
!!

We have, like, so much in common!

No, I know what you mean, a bit but might be pushing it.

Levyne

Banned
Through 4 chapters in Wolfenstein. I have my gripes but it is quite a blast. I can be more thorough but I want to wait until I'm farther in and once the honeymoon period wears off. On the pc front, the fps bottom-falling-out bug (?) to 1-2 fps is annoying but had a stretch where I didn't see it for hours. Enabling AA in the game's console is tedious but easy enough. Great art directions, the textures aren't too offensive to me but I'm not going to tell you they're great. The narrative seems engaging enough yet gives you enough room to breathe with lots of time to yourself to just run, kill nazis, and find secrets.

Consider buying it
at a low price in a steam sale at least.

well i just upgraded the crown to +5 no fucking way that thing's leaving my pretty head

i don't know what to spends my souls on anymore, i have like 200k at all times

I keep buying upgrade materials. I have 99 of all titanite except for slabs in my item box and I have large amounts of it on me as well. I also take trips to the random sellers and buy up all their stock that's limited.

Side note: I'm so irritated, my bonfire #4 in
Shine of Amana
is now at 20 and I still haven't gotten the damn drop I want. >_<

Despite having played well more than ten different playlists and rated them all, I can't seem to get Battlebox Theater's achievement of Theater Critic to unlock. Not quire sure what I'm doing wrong there.

Oh well, a stage called The Floor is Level and a rather fun remake of Super Mario Bros 1 stages were all quite enjoyable even if the others were a bit of a mix. Really great game this, highly recommend it to platformer fans or someone needing a co-op game.

Go to Furbottom's Features. Play the featured playlist. Finish the 9 stages and the time trial... ???? ... Profit.

zkylon

zkylewd
I keep buying upgrade materials. I have 99 of all titanite except for slabs in my item box and I have large amounts of it on me as well. I also take trips to the random sellers and buy up all their stock that's limited.

Side note: I'm so irritated, my bonfire #4 in
Shine of Amana
is now at 20 and I still haven't gotten the damn drop I want. >_<

wtf 20

you're crazy

are you going for that stupid mask right?

Knurek

If you own Out There Somewhere through a bundle or such and have it in your Desura account you should now be able to get a Steam key through Desura's collection page (http://www.desura.com/collection) or the game's key page (http://www.desura.com/games/out-there-somewhere/keys). It's not released on Steam yet so you can't install it, but you can redeem it to your account. No need to email them with proof of purchase.

What is weird that there are two keys there (one for new version, one for old), but I think devs made a slight mistake, as both redeem the same product (I think at least, getting 'product already owned' message).

Isaaaa~ac!
Miriaaa~a!
<3 Baccano!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Jase did Aussies get fucked over with regional pricing yet or has that not happened?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wait the warlock mask? I thought we were friends frost :(

It's mine damn it!

mrgone

What is weird that there are two keys there (one for new version, one for old), but I think devs made a slight mistake, as both redeem the same product (I think at least, getting 'product already owned' message).

Isaaaa~ac!
Miriaaa~a!
<3 Baccano!

I only had the one, but I noticed if you go to the keys page without logging in there are three options all with different prices, Classic Redeem (Steam) which is what I had available, Steam Redeem, and something called Voskhod Redeem (Steam) which is weird and locked. Not sure what's going on there

Cth

These are extras from the Shiny Loot 4 bundle on Groupees

You'll need to go over to www.shinyloot.com to redeem these...Once you've done that, I believe both of these have STeam/Desura keys that go with them.

Thanks for Doorways! Looks interesting can't wait to check it out as soon as I finish up season 3 of Game of Thrones :D (almost forgot about the giveaway cause of it)

Thanks again!

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah -- high dark defense, +2 INT, and +souls? Sounds like something I might actually use, not even taking into account that I have this *need* to get every item. :)
yea i kinda have the collector's compulsion on souls games but i just hate grinding with a passion to actually get everything.

i still remember doing the black phantom katana dude runs on 4-2 in demon's souls over and over again and being one achievement from 100% and having the lizard rng fuck me over

this time i'm being cool about it, grabbing everything i can but not sweating it too much over what i'll miss

Isaaaa~ac!
Miriaaa~a!
<3 Baccano!
isacuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

what is it miriaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

so good

yea i kinda have the collector's compulsion on souls games but i just hate grinding with a passion to actually get everything.

i still remember doing the black phantom katana dude runs on 4-2 in demon's souls over and over again and being one achievement from 100% and having the lizard rng fuck me over

this time i'm being cool about it, grabbing everything i can but not sweating it too much over what i'll miss

isacuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

what is it miriaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

so good

Yeah, I'm not going to lose sleep over not getting the True Aurous set or the Shadow set -- but I figured that one was easy enough to attempt and I might actually use it, so I took a bit of a break from Dragon PvP to try to get it.

Don't even get me started on pure bladestone from Demon's Souls. That and maybe... cloudstone chunks? I ended up speedrunning the game because I couldn't get cloudstone chunks to drop via regular enemies and I knew I would pick up a few in the boss fight of 4-3.

I never was able to get that turban type headgear from being summoned and winning as the 3-3 boss... thank God it wasn't needed for platinum.

oipic

Despite having played well more than ten different playlists and rated them all, I can't seem to get Battlebox Theater's achievement of Theater Critic to unlock. Not quite sure what I'm doing wrong there.

Same for me, Ken - no joy getting that Battleblock achievement to pop, no matter what I do. Have played through Furbottom's Features, plus ten levels of a few different community playlists, and separately rated about 10 more, but no go.

It's a good thing that it hasn't been a chore in any way to pursue it, though - a great game made well, and chock-full of levels and content.

zkylon

zkylewd
Saoirse flipped and de-angried:

sr_mirrorquq42.png

two peas in a pod

Yeah, I'm not going to lose sleep over not getting the True Aurous set or the Shadow set -- but I figured that one was easy enough to attempt and I might actually use it, so I took a bit of a break from Dragon PvP to try to get it.

Don't even get me started on pure bladestone from Demon's Souls. That and maybe... cloudstone chunks? I ended up speedrunning the game because I couldn't get cloudstone chunks to drop via regular enemies and I knew I would pick up a few in the boss fight of 4-3.

I never was able to get that turban type headgear from being summoned and winning as the 3-3 boss... thank God it wasn't needed for platinum.
i went up until ng+ in demon's and was crushed when it didn't drop but figured i'd try it one more time, i was having lots of fun anyways. didn't manage to beat allant again but was about to

then i lost my save in some firmware update thingie and just said fuck it.

similar thing in dks1, i just don't have the patience to collect everything and i was in like ng++ and messed up and used a boss soul to get a weapon i already had and wasn't gonna play the entire game again for that one achievement

specially since after ng+ i feel like it doesn't get too exciting (tho i always enjoy ng+ lots)

Rhaknar

Influx got cards

edit: also new greenlight bundle at groupees. 2 bucks for 8 games, sounds good. indieroyae and indiegla both end in a few hours so there should be new ones of those aswell

Grief.exe

Sold all my Transistor cards today for about a dollar.

Probably would have made that badge, but can't pass up the high selling cost out of the gate and can't justify the cost of buying the cards I would have needed.

This is a gorgeous background from Transistor

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Out There Somewhere -- MB-5C50A3D2DF5309C4 - Taken by topyy
Eschalon: Book 2 -- MB-22B9D1E0698948D2 - Taken by Milamber

Copons

Sold all my Transistor cards today for about a dollar.

Probably would have made that badge, but can't pass up the high selling cost out of the gate and can't justify the cost of buying the cards I would have needed.

This is a gorgeous background from Transistor

I kinda hate Supergiant because I can't stand their games (I guess Transistor and Bastion are similar in gameplay?) but god if I love their art style. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom