• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I think I have one person in the ignore list, need4speed.
He really was that terrible.
Hahaha me too. I added him one day when it was completely clear he was here just to troll, instead of having a civilized discussion. Can't remember the details, but it must have been something bad because that's the only time I thought of ignoring someone.

Tellaerin

Just beat Risk of Rain for the first time \o/
on easy

Wasn't exactly sure what to do on the last level, just kinda ran around shooting, grabbing loot, activating things and then suddenly bossfight!

That sounds like Risk of Rain in a nutshell (and that's why I love it).

Congrats on the win! I still haven't beaten it (playing on normal), but i'm in no rush. I have fun playing and I feel like I'm getting a little further in each run, so I'll hit the end eventually.

Lol, what are the odds that the lead writer of a cult classic RPG that was released unpolished and unfinished (Vampire) and is praised for its story and choices would go on to work on another unpolished underrated RPG praised for its story and choices (Alpha Protocol)?

The games were actually written by two different people. Chris Avellone worked on AP and Brian Mitsoda worked on Vampire.

Edit: Mitsoda DID work on AP but he quit the project and none of his material was used.

Just beat Risk of Rain for the first time o/
on easy

Wasn't exactly sure what to do on the last level, just kinda ran around shooting, grabbing loot, activating things and then suddenly bossfight!

Now go beat it
on normal!
The last level is very straight forward,
you just need to reach the cockpit and activate the computer, so you only need to move to right.

Divius

Congrats on the win! I still haven't beaten it (playing on normal), but i'm in no rush. I have fun playing and I feel like I'm getting a little further in each run, so I'll hit the end eventually.
I feel like a lot of these roguelikes have an enormous increase in difficulty between settings.

Especially with RoR where you need to explore to get items, but that takes time, and that makes the game more difficult. Such a great concept, but even on normal difficulty the game absolutely kicks my ass.

Dr Dogg

Lol, what are the odds that the lead writer of a cult classic RPG that was released unpolished and unfinished (Vampire) and is praised for its story and choices would go on to work on another unpolished underrated RPG praised for its story and choices (Alpha Protocol)?

Lets put it this way, a game could be the most rushed, broken and buggy thing in existence but if I see Chris Avellone's, Chris Jones', Brian Mitsoda's, Tim Cain's or Josh Sawyer's name on it and I'd buy it day one.

Divius

Now go beat it
on normal!
The last level is very straight forward,
you just need to reach the cockpit and activate the computer, so you only need to move to right.
I'm definitely gonna try! I played it on normal for a couple of hours first, but I kept dying so someone told me there's no shame in switching to easy mode. And yeah the last level is indeed straightforward, but there's a lot of places to explore and get extra items for that final bossfight.

Insane difference between #1 and #2

D6CxxyV.png

Hoos is leading the way on mine as well. Doing some work.

I'm jealous of the amount of time people can dump into that game.

awesome.

I never use "Ignore". I like taking all the stuff GAF slings at my face.

I'm sure there is a gif in there somewhere, right?

I'm definitely gonna try! I played it on normal for a couple of hours first, but I kept dying so someone told me there's no shame in switching to easy mode. And yeah the last level is indeed straightforward, but there's a lot of places to explore and get extra items for that final bossfight.

Eventually you'll need to play on normal to unlock a certain class. Tgere are a lot of useful loot in the last level, but sometimes I already have enough items to take the end boss so I just rush to him.

What's a cRPG btw? I know JRPGs, never heard of cRPGs

Computer RPG

Dr Dogg

What's a cRPG btw? I know JRPGs, never heard of cRPGs

Computer Role Playing Game. Really used to differentiate between table top and pen and paper from the first personal computer based ones. Some early examples are CLOAD stuff and Akalabeth but Ultima is an early example that everybody should have heard of.

Arthea

For some weird reason, it seems I haven't bought Full Bore... bummer
I was sure I did.

edited: the problem with term CRPG that is sounds exactly like C(onsole)RPG, a term that was popular in 80-ies if I remember correctly, there was too much confusion, so we started using WRPG and JRPG instead, and now people hate both those terms, well, maybe not both, but surely JRPG one.

Milamber

Since when did they hate WRPG and/or JRPG?

EDIT: Can we hate PAL and NTSC?

EDIT 2: What about the 110V and 220V guys?

EDIT 3: Nevermind

zkylon

zkylewd
i hate pal and ntsc

they only brought me issues back in 1998 when i was trying to buy pirated ps1 games off some shady pirate game street vendors and they were always all in black and white

never again

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
i hate pal and ntsc

they only brought me issues back in 1998 when i was trying to buy pirated ps1 games off some shady pirate game street vendors and they were always all in black and white

never again

Haha, that or just a scrambled image. Good times. The former owners of one of the local stores in my town travelled to Bali a fair bit back in the day and for quite a while they were selling pirated copies of PSX games they'd picked up while overseas.

Dr Dogg

Hmm, I just started up Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare but I can't get into any matches. How do I install PunkBuster?

I'm not sure if this is still a problem but the version of PunkBuster that came with Modern Warefare used to not play well with Steam. I think the fix was either update it from their site or to run it with Steam closed.

Fake edit: Here's an old thread showing the process just incase it's still the same.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1270009

Anteater

i hate pal and ntsc

never again

who doesn't? if 6th gen taught us something, it was to hate PAL. So ya, we can hate PAL, totally (><)

Haha, that or just a scrambled image. Good times. The former owners of one of the local stores in my town travelled to Bali a fair bit back in the day and for quite a while they were selling pirated copies of PSX games they'd picked up while overseas.

We had a shitload of cross region vhs tapes, consoles and console games back in the 90s it was kind of a nightmare

Milamber

I remember my snes region converter cartridge with 2 slots with back slot for PAL region and front slot for US.

snes_adaptor_3.jpg

EDIT: OT, sorry.

Pachimari

I'm not sure if this is still a problem but the version of PunkBuster that came with Modern Warefare used to not play well with Steam. I think the fix was either update it from their site or to run it with Steam closed.

Fake edit: Here's an old thread showing the process just incase it's still the same.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1270009

I tried with unenabling the steam overlay, but it still gives me an error, that PunkBuster isn't activated. :(
Getting the same error when I have Steam closed and running the iw3mp.exe.

Don't know what to do.

Evrain

I tried with unenabling the steam overlay, but it still gives me an error, that PunkBuster isn't activated. :(
Getting the same error when I have Steam closed and running the iw3mp.exe.

Don't know what to do.
Punkbuster officially dropped support of Modern Warfare, in no small part due to it being easily circumvented. As of today, the only defenses are VAC and server admins.

zkylon

zkylewd
i remember being like ten and running back home with like dino crisis or something and suddenly wtf is this shit it's all in black and white!? or it has like french, german and italian as languages -_-

them street peddlers made a fortune out of young zky's naivety

never gotten the scrambled image thing tho, maybe like displaced maybe? can't remember, i know for sure the ps1 chrono trigger game was in black and white and was the disappointment of a lifetime heh

Dambrosi

Banned
Um, guys?

Do you guys think Outlast will be on sale for 75% in the near future? I was going top buy it this morning, but my fortnightly payment didn't come through like it should have, and I now have no money until possibly the end of the week. Of course, that means I miss the GamersGate sale on the game, among other things. Boohoo, and all that.

However, I did just get my Full Bore and Ku: Shroud Of The Morrigan keys off Desura, so they should be enough to be going on with. But after being stung badly by Daylight being a bit shit, both gameplay and performance-wise (I'm just thankful that I didn't pay full price for it), I was looking forward to a nice bit of survival horror to tide me over the next week or so.

Oh well, I guess I'll just wait for DreadOut. Elastic skirts aside, that game looks cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom