• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyG

Banned
So how do all you SSD users handle games? I've been hearing recently that games run better off SSDs, and so I'm thinking of getting one (going to be installing Windows 10 on one when that releases too).

Do you install and uninstall things constantly? I usually keep my HDD loaded up with games I may want to play on a whim, but I'm starting to think that that's the wrong way to do it. Also, what is a good size SSD to get? I don't think I can afford 1TB, but 240GB? 120?

abracadaver

The game that shall not be named added the PurchaseRestrictedCountries flag for Germany and Australia.

AllowPurchaseFromRestrictedCountries is set to "No"

AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting is set to "No"

This means you can still get it gifted from another country that isn't super cheap right?

Keys can not be activated without VPN now?

Pretty shitty move as the developers said they won't block anything.

rtcn63

I install and uninstall. Don't get less than 240GB, that's what I have, and with Windows and other non-game apps, it fills up quick. With newer games taking 50-100GB+, shoot for 500GB if you can. Crucial SSD's often go on sale.

Anteater

So how do all you SSD users handle games? I've been hearing recently that games run better off SSDs, and so I'm thinking of getting one (going to be installing Windows 10 on one when that releases too).

Do you install and uninstall things constantly? I usually keep my HDD loaded up with games I may want to play on a whim, but I'm starting to think that that's the wrong way to do it. Also, what is a good size SSD to get? I don't think I can afford 1TB, but 240GB? 120?

I just install games on my secondary and use steammover to move them to ssd if I want it to load faster

I have a 240gig but I think it's better to get a bigger one as modern games are mostly 40-50gig these days

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Given "AAA" game sizes these days, 120GB would be too low even if you just plan on using it store the games you're currently playing. 240GB would be better, obviously, but since you also plan on using it as an OS drive I'd go for 500GB.

Edit: Newegg is still clearing out 960GB M500s for $300, if that helps. I bought one myself last month. It offers 894GB in actuality, so I set aside 94GB for Windows and 800GB for Steam.

madjoki

The game that shall not be named added the PurchaseRestrictedCountries flag for Germany and Australia.

AllowPurchaseFromRestrictedCountries is set to "No"

AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting is set to "No"

This means you can still get it gifted from another country that isn't super cheap right?

Keys can not be activated without VPN now?

Pretty shitty move as the developers said they won't block anything.

Yes and yes. I doubt devs can do anything about that really.

Seems I choosed right. I won Malebolgia.

Will check it out later. Thanks Dascu.

Just come back from work and seems like I won too.
I wonder why #2 and #8 was most popular by far.

Thanks Dascu.

Need to sleep now.

MattyG

Banned
I just install games on my secondary and use steammover to move them to ssd if I want it to load faster

I have a 240gig but I think it's better to get a bigger one as modern games are mostly 40-50gig these days

Given "AAA" game sizes these days, 120GB would be too low even if you just plan on using it store the games you're currently playing. 240GB would be better, obviously, but since you also plan on using it as an OS drive I'd go for 500GB.

Edit: Newegg is still clearing out 960GB M500s for $300, if that helps. I bought one myself last month. It offers 894GB in actuality, so I set aside 94GB for Windows and 800GB for Steam.
Awesome, thanks. I'll try to get a decent sized one if I can. 500GB sounds like the sweetspot for me right now, and I can just add another one later if that isn't enough.

rtcn63

Awesome, thanks. I'll try to get a decent sized one if I can. 500GB sounds like the sweetspot for me right now, and I can just add another one later if that isn't enough.

Make sure your PSU has enough connections to handle all the drives you plan to connect to it. I cheaped out on mine, and the cable is too short to reach the other slots in my drive bay. There's probably an extension for it online, I should look.

JaseC

Yes and yes. I doubt devs can do anything about that really.

Valve doesn't police regional availability (e.g. you can buy the uncensored version of Silent Hill: Homecoming on Steam AU), plus the game hasn't actually been submitted for classification here (the USK site doesn't seem to list RC'd games, so I'm hesitant to say it also hasn't been submitted for classification in Germany, too).

madjoki

Valve doesn't police regional availability, plus the game hasn't actually been submitted for classification here (the USK site doesn't seem to list RC'd games, so I'm hesitant to say it also hasn't been submitted for classification in Germany, too).

That's weird then. Game even has german translation according to store page.

Tizoc

Well ladies and gentlemen, Milamber included, if I'm lucky I'll be snagging a PS Quadroople for around $400 later today.
Gonna then give it to a shop to replace the HDD with a TB for $100.

Also Koei Tecmo, pls, gimme discount on Nobunaga game when it releases.

JaseC

That's weird then. Game even has german translation according to store page.

Despite the presence of the AO logo on the store page, it hasn't officially been rated in the US, either. I think the devs are just going hard with the whole "Look how controversial our game is!" marketing angle.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=451739495

088421955827E002451B2A3459CD3BDE05408908

O...kay...

def sim

Well ladies and gentlemen, Milamber included, if I'm lucky I'll be snagging a PS Quadroople for around $400 later today.
Gonna then give it to a shop to replace the HDD with a TB for $100.

Also Koei Tecmo, pls, gimme discount on Nobunaga game when it releases.

what if they drop the price at e3

Dsyndrome

Heard Wolf Alice for the first time today, thought they were from 90's Seattle... way wrong.

No games today unfortunately, been scrubbing toilets and filling in picture holes around the house. I plan play a bunch tomorrow afternoon once my wife heads to Portland. Probably Technobabylon, Ys II, and Wolfenstein: TNO.

Hopefully W3 updates keep the same tempo of being released between 1:00-3:30 AM local on Monday so I still have internet to download it before I have to turn in the cable box and modem.

It won't reflect in mi country since that'd mainly apply in murrica land (no offense).

Besides I'm splitting the cost with my brother, so I'd be getting it for $200 technically :V
Then you'll have to Roshambo for who gets to play, and who wants that?

Tizoc

Then you'll have to Roshambo for who gets to play, and who wants that?

I play mostly on my laptop nowadays anyways, and when I do wanna play on the PS4, he isn't playing on it, and has other stuff to do :p

Gonna see if I can swap out LBP3 for PES 2015.

Khronico

Does anyone here have a wireless keyboard?

I've been having massive lag, disconnection, and sudden burst of input issues with a brand new logitech wireless keyboard I got a while back. These issues only crop up during gaming sessions, and it only affects the keyboard (I have a wireless mouse and it's totally fine). I'm wondering if this is a known problem with wireless keyboards + gaming or if I have a unique issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom