• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Punch Club -- MB-383029B936DBE7FD - Taken by longlivegaming. 11 entrants total.

t1495262996z1.png

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
If a game is going to claim it's in an old 80s home computer art style and gameplay, I want it to actually be in that art style and gameplay. Otherwise just say "inspired by" or "like the games on _______, but made today" or something to that effect.

cyba89

Why are some people so concerned how others spend their money?

Tell your friends to come over to pc. It shouldn't be too hard to convince them once you explain the benefits you get in a game like Destiny. Faster load times, higher fps, M/KB etc. And its not like Bnet hasn't been the largest online gaming community going on decades now. Just being a part of GAF Destiny/Blizzard community here would guarantee you won't be playing alone on pc.

What if the friends don't have a capable PC? Just let them play on the platform they want and don't be so judgemental about it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

What if the friends don't have a capable PC? Just let them play on the platform they want and don't be so judgemental about it.

but then they arent playing how it was meant to be played!

Danielsan

So I ended up auto-renewing the Humble Monthly. Hopefully I can make someone happy with this fantastic game.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Danielsan:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Danielsan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Inside -- MB-97C55AFF97DB8A2F - Taken by claytonlee101. 22 entrants total.

t1495275043z1.png

But it affects me if everyone isn't playing this game at the highest framerate, resolution and settings with the best control scheme. You should force everyone you know to play on PC because it's better than a console.

(Ironically the guy has a Superman avatar and can't play Injustice 2 :lol)

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1366639.

Rules for this Giveaway:

I7Ufybq.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-E20C0312DE814451 - Taken by MaxiLive. 9 entrants total.

t1495276394z1.png

Monooboe

Man, I'll never manage to get my completation level to 30% when games keep adding achivement to my already perfected games and worse when they are tied to DLC.

Never thought I would play Delicious! Pretty Girls Mahjong Solitaire again but I just need to get that one new achivement.XD

Yay, it's my Birthday. Here is a modicum of bundlejunk!

Happy Birthday!

yuraya

But it affects me if everyone isn't playing this game at the highest framerate, resolution and settings with the best control scheme. You should force everyone you know to play on PC because it's better than a console.

(Ironically the guy has a Superman avatar and can't play Injustice 2 :lol)

Informing people about making better decisions in life doesn't have anything to do with concern. Its just giving advice.

And I care about Injustice 2 the same way I care about all other fighting games. The genre has been the same recycled trash ever since it had its 15 minutes of fame in the 90s.

dex3108

Gaming side has been quite the trip these past few days with all the Destiny pc/console discussion. Some of the stuff you read just makes absolutely no sense.

The biggest headscratcher is the double dip mentality. I really don't get it. Especially for those who have a capable pc. I mean why would you torture yourself playing the game @30fps and not just play it the way it was meant to be @60+? Its like some people just deliberately want to flush money down the toilet for a worse experience.

I would maybe understand if D2 is so much different than D1. But fron what they showed (reused assets, enemies, effect, weapons...) i really don't get excitement. Sure you want to play more of the game you liked but if you need to wait for PC version and you have console version of D1 play that.

cyba89

Informing people about making better decisions in life doesn't have anything to do with concern. Its just giving advice.

You're not giving anyone an advice by complaining about how other people "flush their money down the toilet" in the steam thread, though.

You're just pointing fingers at "gaming side" just because some people prefer the console version.

I have owned Alan Wake since 2012, but started playing it yesterday and I think I can understand why some people love it. Didnt really enjoyed it too much before cause I was finding it frustrating (started on normal, which is apparently the hard of X360), but started it on easy now (the original normal mode) and am enjoying it a lot! Just reached chapter 4!

Great writing, story and gameplay! I am very excited to understand whats actually happening with Alan.
Hah! Interesting! I actually find the game good when played on the hardest difficulty, the mechanics just seem a bit redundant otherwise. It has a really unique playstyle to it when you're trying to utilize the flashlight to the fullest, as it passively damages shadow shields as well as has the benefit of blinding them with the focused hit.

Oddly they kind of took out that dynamic for American Nightmare, but also included a crossbow that pierces shadow shields as well.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
If you are going to shit or troll post; please do it humorously.

I just downloaded again Alan Wake. I played a bit but on a subpar machine.

ModBot said:
Instructions for InquisitorAles:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

LawBrakers closed beta #1 -- MB-B1B4A07478C5A43E - Taken by Afro
LawBrakers closed beta #2 -- MB-5D738814F6032C7B - Taken by TsuXna
LawBrakers closed beta #3 -- MB-4ECE967EA1ABDE54 - Taken by electroflame
LawBrakers closed beta #4 -- MB-9DDDD8A6C83F6720 - Taken by Rayge

LawBrakers deserves more love here, you can add me if you wish to play together.

Bluth54

I have owned Alan Wake since 2012, but started playing it yesterday and I think I can understand why some people love it. Didnt really enjoyed it too much before cause I was finding it frustrating (started on normal, which is apparently the hard of X360), but started it on easy now (the original normal mode) and am enjoying it a lot! Just reached chapter 4!

Great writing, story and gameplay! I am very excited to understand whats actually happening with Alan.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it. Alan Wake certainly isn't perfect but I do love the game.
One thing to note is that the 2 DLC episodes are included in the PC version but I don't believe they actually play automatically after you beat the game, you have to manually go into the chapter select and start them.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Glad to hear you're enjoying it. Alan Wake certainly isn't perfect but I do love the game.
One thing to note is that the 2 DLC episodes are included in the PC version but I don't believe they actually play automatically after you beat the game, you have to manually go into the chapter select and start them.

Yeah, the two mini-campaigns are separate options.

jediyoshi

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

LawBreakers Closed Beta -- MB-695C410DC25430A5
LawBreakers Closed Beta #2 -- MB-52CE333514AFB7A0
LawBreakers Closed Beta #3 -- MB-D37E488D4791C74F
LawBreakers Closed Beta #4 -- MB-0502B0B776B28779

🙏

yuraya

You're not giving anyone an advice by complaining about how other people "flush their money down the toilet" in the steam thread, though.

You're just pointing fingers at "gaming side" just because some people prefer the console version.

I'll make sure to give everyone the advice they need once I'm done reading through hundreds of pages of people complaining about 30fps, shit FOV, weak consoles and threads about Bungie being hacks.

Hopefully nobody calls me a concerned elitist once I give my advice. /fingerscrossed

Bluth54

Yeah, the two mini-campaigns are separate options.

Remedy really should patch the game so the DLC episodes just play after chapter 6 ends. I wonder how many PC gamers never even knew the DLC episodes existed.

Sadly it probably wont happen now.

I tried it yesterday and... i wasn't even sure what to do. I kept dying. XD
Shooting and combat are kinda messy. I prefer Overwatch.
It's indeed can be confusing for beginners, tutorial in this game is currently non-exists. Basically, there is 3 current game modes that are very similar to Unreal Tournament modes, Blitzball from LB is Bombing Run from UT, Turf War is capturing control points like UT Domination, and Overcharge is just slightly modified Capture the Flag. So if you never played UT before you probably screwed because there is no training or tutorial, but i think they'll eventually add them once game will reach open beta status.

Characters are more tricky, there is a big difference between them and basically different gameplay style. Again, because there is no proper training mode and youtube tutorial videos kinda sucks, the only way to learn how to play is try every character and find best role for your preferred playstyle. I still can't play good with other characters except Battle Medic, but once you understand some tricks and play few matches with good teams, it's pure joy to play. LawBreakers can be so intense when you lucky to get both your and enemies team who at least barely know how to play. You can easily loose even with huge lead if you would relax to earlier and allow your enemies to regroup and catch up.

So, main LawBreakers problem now is lack of good tutorial for new players and shitty UI (it was improved since closed alpha but still required a lot work). This game is very competitive, and that's why i like it so much.

If a game is going to claim it's in an old 80s home computer art style and gameplay, I want it to actually be in that art style and gameplay. Otherwise just say "inspired by" or "like the games on _______, but made today" or something to that effect.

The closest I've seen to actual 80s computer stuff is "You Have to Win the Game." But most developers didn't do the research, or more likely, weren't even alive in the 80s and don't really have an idea what it was like.

Tizoc

OK fine I'll replay Hollow Knight again someday only this time to get the better ending+try to save everyone.
Yes even Zote.

Nzyme32

OK fine I'll replay Hollow Knight again someday only this time to get the better ending+try to save everyone.
Yes even Zote.

You don't need to replay the whole game, by the way. But it is definitely worth getting the "true" ending since there is a lot more gameplay to go through

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Yes even Zote.

You don't have to replay it. You can just start your previous save again. I'm also not sure you need 100% to get the good ending. You just need certain...items. White items.

edit: did it really take me two minutes to write that I need to go to bed

Endruen

Well, my mouse broke. The right click is constantly pressed now.
Any mouse recomendations? With at least a couple of buttons on the side and ~50€ max.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well, my mouse broke. The right click is constantly pressed now.
Any mouse recomendations? With at least a couple of buttons on the side and ~50€ max.

I have the Logitech G402 myself. It's slightly meretricious in the typical "GAMER STUFF!" way, but functionally fine.

Tizoc

You don't need to replay the whole game, by the way. But it is definitely worth getting the "true" ending since there is a lot more gameplay to go through

Actually I
killed the Nailsmith. Turns out I can let him live so I want to replay and keep him alive XP

BasilZero

I managed to salvage Bloodrayne 1 on PC.

Even though the GOG version is better than the Steam version, playing the Steam version (for the Steam cards and so I can at least have it in my Steam gametime list.

I tried applying some of the fixes that the GOG version had (1.1 version) since the Steam version has 1.0.

Fixed most of the issues.

Changed resolution from 640x480 to 1920x1080 - looks quite good.

FPS went from 200+ to 30 FPS (the console version FPS)

Cutscenes are borked, cant see any cutscene (The CG ones at least) but thats not a issue since there's like 3 or 4 cutscenes total and they are viewable in the "video" folder for the Steam version (which I already watched).

Controller setting at first was messed up but I managed to find a way to get my PS4 controller working but there's a slight right movement by itself...not a big issue.

This game is gonna get a low score from me when I'm done with it for sure I know mainly cause of the issues I experienced with the Steam port. Might play the GOG version just to see how it turns out but not the whole way.

Though I can see why the issues remained since this game came out on PC back in 2003 when PC gaming wasnt really as big as it is now.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of bobnowhere, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 21 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut -- MB-65D019147FAF9B36 - Taken by Orgen. 10 entrants total.
Divide By Sheep -- MB-C51044E78713DDB7 - Taken by rainking187. 11 entrants total.
Gods Will Be Watching -- MB-7FE678B7F5EA11F7 - Taken by longlivegaming. 9 entrants total.
Kentucky Route Zero -- MB-921F622797787E58 - Taken by NeoRaider. 39 entrants total.
Kromaia -- MB-5F03584B5BFE9DEF - Taken by Cels. 7 entrants total.
Night Mysteries: The Amphora Prisoner -- MB-1552FAAF313F500D - Taken by voodooray. 2 entrants total.
No Time To Explain Remastered -- MB-9CCFB6EB6C6F5A2B - Taken by Kssio_Aug. 1 entrants total.
Ratz Instagib -- MB-C605295F4DF8925C - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 4 entrants total.
Road to Ballhalla -- MB-77758C0695B2BEE9 - Taken by claytonlee101. 3 entrants total.
Speedrunners -- MB-D12C45D705744D80 - Taken by purseowner. 2 entrants total.
Steamworld Heist -- MB-9BDFC26100BB05F7 - Taken by White Wolf. 19 entrants total.
Super Mega Neo Pug -- MB-4BBB4E9F82FD255D - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat. 1 entrants total.
The Adventures Of Fatman -- MB-6DCB30B10151B7D6 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 3 entrants total.
The Deadly Tower of Monsters -- MB-65ABA986FF3900C2 - Taken by Jalal. 13 entrants total.
The Land of Eyas -- MB-2A9292C2BCE9E136 - Taken by Eila. 6 entrants total.
The Marvellous Miss Take -- MB-9FD3AA6EE6EBF90D - Taken by Servizio. 10 entrants total.
They Bleed Pixels -- MB-46B9D35336E712FA - Taken by Abomination. 4 entrants total.
Turbo Pug -- MB-B17437A6975A0B11 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat. 1 entrants total.
UnderRail -- MB-4BFF43F2AACC4E55 - Taken by Monooboe. 12 entrants total.
Vitatio 2 -- MB-B5F8406950BC72E3 - Taken by illusionary. 1 entrants total.
Where Angels Cry -- MB-1954D0347EFE666C - Taken by Vuze. 3 entrants total.

t1495327625z1.png

Kudo

Gaming side has been quite the trip these past few days with all the Destiny pc/console discussion. Some of the stuff you read just makes absolutely no sense.

The biggest headscratcher is the double dip mentality. I really don't get it. Especially for those who have a capable pc. I mean why would you torture yourself playing the game @30fps and not just play it the way it was meant to be @60+? Its like some people just deliberately want to flush money down the toilet for a worse experience.

If it's just few days I don't get it either, but if it's anything longer than that then yeah, definitely have to think hard myself too whether to double dip or not.
Discovering stuff in Destiny for first time is magical, and if PC release is delayed until the game is stripped bare, might just play it on PS4.
CDKeys is already selling the PC version for 30€ so it's not going to be full price double dip anyways, but here's hoping they manage to get it release simultaneously.

And Destiny 30fps was not torture until the last raid started dropping the frames.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom