• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

Well first time posting in a steam thread so this seemed like a nice thing to do.

Um the games are Fallout New Vegas and Xcom's game of the year editions My bad

Modbot's kinda dumb about images. If you want, you can replace the URL and image with the correct ones. Copy & paste this into your post if you want:

Modbot will still be dumb when making reminder posts, but hey.

Also, welcome.

cyborg009

Banned
Just started Life is strange but whats with the weird chromatic aberration and blur on the sides.

JMThgeH.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
well finally finished jessica jones

oh man that second half was some shitshow right to the very end lol

gotta say, was impressed with the themes and where the show was going right at the middle of it, and the jessica and kilgrave performances are super good, but damn the way they lost their track midway through was a complete disaster

gonna pass on a second season, that's it for me, should've stopped when i started noticing the decline, but hey, what can you do

back to izombie for me, this superhero crap isn't my thing

well finally finished jessica jones

oh man that second half was some shitshow right to the very end lol

gotta say, was impressed with the themes and where the show was going right at the middle of it, and the jessica and kilgrave performances are super good, but damn the way they lost their track midway through was a complete disaster

gonna pass on a second season, that's it for me, should've stopped when i started noticing the decline, but hey, what can you do

back to izombie for me, this superhero crap isn't my thing

I just finished episode 7 where
Jessica goes back to her childhood home that Kilgrave has bought
. I've been a little underwhelmed by it, I want something interesting to happen really. The only really cool scenes so far were Luke
in the bar fight looking completely disinterested
and the scene in the police station where
Kilgrave had everyone holding their guns at each other
and that was kind of ruined by Tennant's hammy acting.

zkylon

zkylewd
I just finished episode 7 where
Jessica goes back to her childhood home that Kilgrave has bought.
. I've been a little underwhelmed by it, I want something interesting to happen really.
actually i think that's my favorite part, specially the following episode

it's all downhill from there, sadly

but yea, i wasn't super into it before, the part you mention was at least really interesting for me (specially how it develops later), and then it went into a whole lot of plot nonsense that to me lost any sort of tension or mystery or anything

it just become a really dumb magic thing that's no longer interesting whatsoever

Parsnip

Started Talos Principle. Seems nice so far.

Just started Life is strange but whats with the weird chromatic aberration and blur on the sides.

You can turn that off from LifeIsStrangeEngine.ini which you'll find from... Documents\My Games\Life Is Strange\LifeIsStrangeGame\Config\ I think. Just search for chroma and turn the setting to false.

This isn't the same as a daily. Daily would imply it ends before the sale end.

Probably did it this way so customers aren't swamped with deals I suppose. Easy to let discounts in a batch and it keeps them coming back to check

vs

Everything on sale day one. Customer spends a few hours than never checks again.

My speculation but I noticed this happening with my wishlist. At first like 4 games had discounts. Now almost half do.

That's fucked up, I hadn't noticed. I thought it was the latter of your post. Now I really don't know when to buy anything.

Teeth

I know this is totally out of left field, but has anyone else noticed that the sound effects and ambient sounds in Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the First Sin are totally jacked?

Like, any time you move around in the menu, the menu >chung< noise cuts out the ambient background effects for a half second longer than the actual sound effect. Some weapon effects also cut out other effects. It's super annoying and didn't happen in Dark Souls 2 vanilla.

There are no sound settings in the game (aside from volume sliders). I've searched around an only found a 2 post thread on the Steam Community boards complaining of the same thing. I'm just wondering if it's my sound setup.

Anyone else have this problem?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Modbot's kinda dumb about images. If you want, you can replace the URL and image with the correct ones. Copy & paste this into your post if you want:

Modbot will still be dumb when making reminder posts, but hey.

Also, welcome.

to be fair the user generated the giveaway with the games "Fallout" and "X-Com". Unless you want ModBot to reply to giveaways with "I can't figure out wtf you're getting on with", he's gonna have to make a guess based on what you give him :p

Soulflarz

Banned
to be fair the user generated the giveaway with the games "Fallout" and "X-Com". Unless you want ModBot to reply to giveaways with "I can't figure out wtf you're getting on with", he's gonna have to make a guess based on what you give him :p

Can we take a vote? Like PSA, it generates a system of humorous responses? :3

No, I play PC because it's cheaper unless the game runs like trash, else I'd use my ps4 for damn near everything.

Caerith

Don't get me wrong, it's a brilliant program. I just mean that as a bot he can't use common sense and figure the user probably didn't mean XCOM 2.

zkylon

zkylewd
which puzzles broke you?
there were two specifically

the one in which you have to use the jammer to jam the door leading to the tetris piece instead of doing the usual laser redirecting fun. this one sucks cos they set you up to waste a lot of time fooling around with lasers like usual and turns out the answer was a really dumb and uninteresting cheese

the one in which you have to do a whole lot of moving bomb dodging and there's a lot of timing which isn't great since i have my movement and camera controls set to slow since the game was giving me motion sickness otherwise. i had to change all of that for this single puzzle and just ended up looking the solution online since i don't like having to start over if i mess up

right after the second one there's another bomb puzzle i youtube'd cos i wasn't gonna be bothering more with these shitty bomb puzzles, but all the rest i was fine on my own

the game has problems, like having to scavenge for things every time and how some puzzles allow you to fuck yourself over without knowing so, but those two puzzles themselves broke the rules the game had set up to the point which really annoyed me and had me go fuck this and closing the game

been smooth sailing since then tho

Just started and finished Life is Strange Episode 1. Wow that was intense.This is the game I need to finish before the Bomb Cast game of the year discussions. I noticed the effects are stronger sometimes compared to others. Maybe it means something. Guess I'll find out.

Just started and finished Life is Strange Episode 1. Wow that was intense.This is the game I need to finish before the Bomb Cast game of the year discussions. I noticed the effects are stronger sometimes compared to others. Maybe it means something. Guess I'll find out.

The effects on the borders of the screen are definitely deliberate. If you do a, uh... max rewind you'll see an obvious example of it.

That said, I can't say I've ever noticed the blurriness of the edges before. Guess I'm just forced into replaying it some day, to further study this phenomenon.

Loading times are one thing I love about PC gaming. I was hoping they would improve on console this generation, but nope.

Yeah, same. To me, anything longer than 20 seconds feels like an eternity. I don't know how console folk can stand loading times beyond that with any regularity. The Wii U's nearly break me, and they're not common at all for the few games I have there.

Consoles should never have abandoned cartridges.

Lomax

Yeah, same. To me, anything longer than 20 seconds feels like an eternity. I don't know how console folk can stand loading times beyond that with any regularity. The Wii U's nearly break me, and they're not common at all for the few games I have there.

Consoles should never have abandoned cartridges.

Consoles are trying to go full digital but we see how well that worked out for Microsoft. It wouldn't surprise me at all though for Nintendo's next platform to be some combo of digital/sd and drop discs completely though.

It's funny because they were on sale on their own store, on amazon and newegg (all digital codes that redeem on steam). I guess you don't pay steam a cut if it's not sold through steam?

Correct. There's no fee to generate/authenticate keys for Steam.
Consoles are trying to go full digital but we see how well that worked out for Microsoft. It wouldn't surprise me at all though for Nintendo's next platform to be some combo of digital/sd and drop discs completely though.

I'm really curious to see where Nintendo goes from here.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Dungeon of the Endless is a game that tries patience and does everything it can to annihilate the player every chance it gets. Crushing even the most hardened of parties under hundreds of spawns flooding in as though every dam crumbled at once... and then, sometimes, it decides to give us this as the final map of the game:

RNGsus works in mysterious ways~

Deitus

What a silly thread. It's not that there are too many games on Steam, it's that Valve hasn't done as good of a job as they could have on improving discoverability.

It's definitely true that there are more games coming out in a year that a person could reasonably play, but those games are coming out no matter what. If games exist, they should be made available on Steam, because then more people have access to them, and Valve can make more money that way.

Edit: I should clarify, that I make exceptions for games that are basically hate speech, and games that are broken or exploitative, which would reflect poorly on Valve for selling. Obviously there is a very real reason for Valve not to sell those types of games (though some of them make it through greenlight anyway).

KarmaCow

Dungeon of the Endless is a game that tries patience and does everything it can to annihilate the player every chance it gets. Crushing even the most hardened of parties under hundreds of spawns flooding in as though every dam crumbled at once... and then, sometimes, it decides to give us this as the final map of the game:

RNGsus works in mysterious ways~

I've been meaning to get back into Dungeon of the Endless. I liked what I played of during the Endless event a while back but yea, it can be crushing early on.

zkylon

zkylewd
What a silly thread. It's not that there are too many games on Steam, it's that Valve hasn't done as good of a job as they could have on improving discoverability.

It's definitely true that there are more games coming out in a year that a person could reasonably play, but those games are coming out no matter what. If games exist, they should be made available on Steam, because then more people have access to them, and Valve can make more money that way.

Edit: I should clarify, that I make exceptions for games that are basically hate speech, and games that are broken or exploitative, which would reflect poorly on Valve for selling. Obviously there is a very real reason for Valve not to sell those types of games (though some of them make it through greenlight anyway).
i dunno, i feel like valve owes it to their users to not sell them shit

and i don't mean shit like this game is bad, i mean shit like copy pasta unity3d/ue4 asset packs, or games that don't work or can't be finished, or games that are just shit in every possible way that a human being would never buy

but hey, gotta hunt them whales, right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom