• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
There's a Paradox game about antiquity, specially based around Rome, but I've heard it's pretty shitty. I think I'd be offended by 'tech levels' in that one too
EU:Rome is pretty bad and a running joke, so you're right about that.

Been some jokes about Rome 2 being the game teased earlier this year but it ended up being stellaris.

MUnited83

For you.
Exactly. It's just...stupid for me.
You can take PC version for half the PSN price, even less if you purchase that Newegg bundle. But the point is, people are excited for this release ONLY because it contains trophies.
It's the exact, same game it was on PS1, only a bit cleaned up, because it's the PC version of the game.
No additional content, no gameplay tune-up, nothing.
But I can understand, I mean, if you look on Gaming side is plenty of people asking for Remasters of crappy title, way often multi-platform games sold everywhere.

If I'd be a publisher, why I should refuse on getting basically free money for a little amount of work?
If people ask for remasters or re-release with trophies, why should I say "No" if the cost for me is almost zero?

At this point I wonder why Konami didn't just release MGS4 trophy patch in the 25th Year Edition of the game instead of giving it for free to all MGS4 owners like they did.

In a perfect world SE would give FFVII PS4 port for free to all FFVII owners on PSN, but we all know it won't happen.

Another example: PS3 60 GB FAT came with EmotionEngine: Sony decided to remove it because no one wants to play PS2 games.

After a couple of year, Sony start releasing PS2 titles on PSN (remember, they told emulation wasn't possibile without EE: well, they lied). Hackers found an evidence the emulator released with each one of those titles can run pretty much all PS2 games on custom firmware.

Sony released PS4: it comes with no PS3 backward compatibility to lower the cost. People demand PS3 games, Sony release a fucktons of remasters (and the thing is still going). Plus Sony is offering PS2 backward compatibility (and, be sure, it will be ONLY for digital titles, because Sony doesn't want to lose money).

This makes no sense, if not for Sony, which is actually doing a lot of money out of this: if there are so many people desiring to play all PS3 games, why don't you, you know, simply buy a PS3? If I want play Fable 2 so much, if I NEED it, I would buy a 360. It's always worked like this, or, like Nintendo, a platform would offer backward compatibility from the start, but FULL backward compatibility (so, you know, you can actually read discs). Like Sony did with PS1 games, but there was no market for PS1 titles on disc except from collectors, and I bet if Sony introduces PS1 backward compatibility now, it will be digital only.

This argument time and time again makes no fucking sense. Some people didn't have a PS3. Remasters aren't stopping your precious new games from being made. With remasters people can play the games they missed before and have a much better experience in the process. Why the fuck would I play Last of Us on PS3 when they made a extremely better version of the game for PS4?

The more remasters the better.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Nightside -- MB-0DF7D45B2D1D5D22 - Taken by Sarcasm
Sword of Asume Deluxe Edition -- MB-64BCF6ECEEDE791E - Taken by Spring-Loaded
Momodora III -- MB-8384C8C688FE4127 - Taken by maty
Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~ -- MB-5632B867A4657A41 - Taken by alr1ght
Vapour: Part 1 Plus Soundtrack -- MB-49F2E7F61142A160 - Taken by Eila

Beach Bounce -- MB-94D98A7E0192DE87 - Taken by Accoun

pdyGgWo.png
Ah yes, splendid. Literally one hit away from victory.
Now it's personal you bastard!

Eila

Dark souls wasn't too hard as long as you had a great shield tbh, paired the eagle shield with a Uchigatana and I got through the game fairly easily. No need to actually learn how to dodge and parry when you can just block everything.

Zafir

does buying on nuuvem not work anymore? using hola, I get as far as the paypal screen, then a red error comes up on nuuvem.

Some games have two region checks on Nuuvem. One when you add to basket, and one after you've gone through paypal.
Nuuvem now checks to make sure your payment method comes from within their allowed region, so a VPN won't usually help you.

For the few cases where it still does, I believe people have been using flyvpn.
Some games they've added recently don't have the second check. I think it's just certain publishers pushing them to do it. 2k being one pub.

Jawmuncher

Dark souls wasn't too hard as long as you had a great shield tbh, paired the eagle shield with a Uchigatana and I got through the game fairly easily. No need to actually learn how to dodge and parry when you can just block everything.

I'm all about sword and shields in Souls.

Anteater

Finished ethan carter, somehow I missed the mechanic where you can hold a button to show where a missing item is, would've made the puzzles a lot more enjoyable, game is cool. I might actually replay it sometime in the future.

Ludens

Banned
This argument time and time again makes no fucking sense. Some people didn't have a PS3. Remasters aren't stopping your precious new games from being made. With remasters people can play the games they missed before and have a much better experience in the process. Why the fuck would I play Last of Us on PS3 when they made a extremely better version of the game for PS4?

The more remasters the better.

Good for you, everyone has his own opinions, I have mine and I won't change it, even if you expose yours in a though manner.

As I wrote multiple times, for me there are remasters actually worth and needed (Grim Fandango, Resident Evil Rebirth/0), and useless one, money-milking focused (Dark Souls 2 Sins and Sleeping Dogs on PC, just to make two examples).

At least there are still developers/publishers not charging for engine updates/minor upgrades (Ether One, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter etc).

MUnited83

For you.
Good for you, everyone has his own opinions, I have mine and I won't change it, even if you expose yours in a though manner.

As I wrote multiple times, for me there are remasters actually worth and needed (Grim Fandango, Resident Evil Rebirth/0), and useless one, money-milking focused (Dark Souls 2 Sins and Sleeping Dogs on PC, just to make two examples).

At least there are still developers/publishers not charging for engine updates/minor upgrades (Ether One, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter etc).

... it's not about opinions either. I also don't see what PC remasters have to do with it when you were talking about remasters made for platforms that didn't have the title in any form in the first place.

Ludens

Banned
... it's not about opinions either. I also don't see what PC remasters have to do with it when you were talking about remasters made for platforms that didn't have the title in any form in the first place.

I was referring, in my post, mainy to FFVII, a games already available as PS Classic on PSN. But instead of, you know, making all PS1 games playable on PS4 (a thing Sony will do in the future, I'm sure), SE prefers to release a "remastered" of 15€ where the only new real thing is trophy support and some "exclusive PS4 features".
The remasters within different platforms refers to the fact of Sony actually choosing to avoid Cell implementation to "mantein the price low", since "no one wants PS3 games" (yeah, GAF was full of opinions like this), and than throwing out the hell of remasteres (even if they said they wouldn't do it) because people want to play PS3 games.
At least Microsoft is offering backward compatibility.

zkylon

zkylewd
omg just won a bid for fallout 2 big box on ebay

this is tense as fuck, ruined my whole weekend but damn is it gonna be worth it..

MUnited83

For you.
I was referring, in my post, mainy to FFVII, a games already available as PS Classic on PSN. But instead of, you know, making all PS1 games playable on PS4 (a thing Sony will do in the future, I'm sure), SE prefers to release a "remastered" of 15€ where the only new real thing is trophy support and some "exclusive PS4 features".
The remasters within different platforms refers to the fact of Sony actually choosing to avoid Cell implementation to "mantein the price low", since "no one wants PS3 games" (yeah, GAF was full of opinions like this), and than throwing out the hell of remasteres (even if they said they wouldn't do it) because people want to play PS3 games.
At least Microsoft is offering backward compatibility.
Considering the still high price of the Cell, and the fact that manufacturing isn't getting any cheaper with the years, it would make zero sense to include it with PS4 unless they wanted to lose the race by a mile. And the remasters Sony made so far are much better than the original versions. I still don't see the issue. Don't buy them maybe? How is more games running better, looking better and being available to more people a bad thing?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Jessica Jones is pretty meh so far, but it isn't pure shit like Daredevil at least. Please save us Luke Cage.

Narcos more than makes up for everything though. Based Netflix.

Sober

Jessica Jones is pretty meh so far, but it isn't pure shit like Daredevil at least. Please save us Luke Cage.

Narcos more than makes up for everything though. Based Netflix.
I haven't been binging JJ and maybe watching 2 episodes a night and maybe taking a day off inbetween. So I dunno how much of people telling me the show starts to taper off at the halfway point is correct or just an artifact of people just blowing past everything to see stuff happen because they can binge the damn thing.

Although I wouldn't be surprised because I just finished episode 7 and I feel like I'm intrigued but I feel unsure exactly how you can do 6 more episodes with where the characters are at.

Ludens

Banned
Considering the still high price of the Cell, and the fact that manufacturing isn't getting any cheaper with the years, it would make zero sense to include it with PS4 unless they wanted to lose the race by a mile. And the remasters Sony made so far are much better than the original versions. I still don't see the issue. Don't buy them maybe? How is more games running better, looking better and being available to more people a bad thing?

I don't own a PS4 and that's not my problem, I would take one immediately if I'd have the option to play all my PS3 titles on it.
Also, how can you know if the Cell is cheap or expensive? Are you into Sony in some way?
Because a 500 GB PS3 is 170€ right now, so I think including Cell into a PS4 would cost a maximum of 100€ or so, I bet much less than this.
The only reason Sony didn't put it it's to sell remasters, it's an easy train to jump on.
Also, I saw several remasters: some are ok, like Last of Us, others are exactly the same game with minor enhancements, like Beyond Two Souls, others again are even worse than the original release, like Sleeping Dogs.
I don't care what people do with their money, I just find stupid asking for remasters of games released yesterday on EVERY platform like Bioshock, in example.
Those are not 20 years old titles, those are games released like yesterday and a remaster is totally useless, they just look a bit better, of course, maybe they run better compared to the "old" version IF they support 60 fps, but I didn't find Last of Us "broken" because of 30 fps, nor Uncharted titles and so on. Yeah, new version is better, but it was really needed?
It would be interesting to check, if PS4 can run PS3 titles, how much those remasters would sell.

Sch1sm

i can buy from nuuvem without problems
probably because im from south america ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

fuuuu.

VPN doesn't seem to work like it used to last I checked

The dream is dead

dang just tried it was working and then....as I was paying...not available in your region :(

Well. At least you know plenty of South Americans here. You know. Like Salazar. I'm sure they can help. ;)

-------

Had to genuinely question if this was the Steam thread as I scrolled up. Sony, Marvel shows. What.

MUnited83

For you.
I don't own a PS4 and that's not my problem, I would take one immediately if I'd have the option to play all my PS3 titles on it.
Also, how can you know if the Cell is cheap or expensive? Are you into Sony in some way?
Because a 500 GB PS3 is 170€ right now, so I think including Cell into a PS4 would cost a maximum of 100€ or so, I bet much less than this.
The only reason Sony didn't put it it's to sell remasters, it's an easy train to jump on.
Also, I saw several remasters: some are ok, like Last of Us, others are exactly the same game with minor enhancements, like Beyond Two Souls, others again are even worse than the original release, like Sleeping Dogs.
I don't care what people do with their money, I just find stupid asking for remasters of games released yesterday on EVERY platform like Bioshock, in example.
Those are not 20 years old titles, those are games released like yesterday and a remaster is totally useless, they just look a bit better, of course, maybe they run better compared to the "old" version IF they support 60 fps, but I didn't find Last of Us "broken" because of 30 fps, nor Uncharted titles and so on. Yeah, new version is better, but it was really needed?
It would be interesting to check, if PS4 can run PS3 titles, how much those remasters would sell.

Considering how TLOU looked and ran on the original PS3? Yes, it did a remaster. Badly so.
You can read about the high price of the Cell, and how Sony is the only one that actually uses them. The price ain't going to be cheaper than what is now and putting it on a new console that is supposed to sell for 10 years would be the stupidest move Sony could make. The reason is not simply "hurr durr we want to sell remasters".
Yeah, some "remasters" are crap. So what? Doesn't change the fact that many of them are largely superior to the originals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom