• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

"Just jumping in to say" is a figure of speech to give a heads up that the content of what you're about to say is rather contextless.

"HOLY SHIT" is in fact, not reffering to poo blessed by a priest but rather another figure of speech, usually used to describe that you're rather shocked or surprised.

"Amazeballs" is a neologism, meaning "amazing" or "awesome".

"TFTB" refers to a computer videogame called "Tales from the Borderlands" made by the american videogame dev studio "Telltale" in california.

"TWD1" and "TWAU" stand for "The Walking Dead Season 1" and "The Wolf Among Us" made by the aforementioned studio Telltale in 2012, respectively 2013.

"didn't think they'd be able to do better" is supposed to mean that "I", as in the user Jadax that submitted this post to the NeoGAF Internetforum's thread "SteamGAF" - Steam reffering hereby to the videogame distribution platform Steam by Valve Corp - did in fact not expected this game - "Tales from the Borderlands" - to be even better than the other aforementioned two.

"Boy i was wrong" is an admission of wrongness targeted at young adults, regarding the preceding statement.

"Just jumping in to say" is a figure of speech to give a heads up that the content of what you're about to say is rather contextless.

"HOLY SHIT" is in fact, not reffering to poo blessed by a priest but rather another figure of speech, usually used to describe that you're rather shocked or surprised.

"TFTB" refers to a computer videogame called "Tales from the Borderlands" made by the american videogame dev studio "Telltale" in california.

"TWD1" and "TWAU" stand for "The Walking Dead Season 1" and "The Wolf Among Us" made by the aforementioned studio Telltale in 2012, respectively 2013.

"didn't think they'd be able to do better" is supposed to mean that "I", as in the user Jadax that submitted this post to the NeoGAF Internetforum's thread "SteamGAF" - Steam reffering hereby to the videogame distribution platform Steam by Valve Corp - did in fact not expected this game - "Tales from the Borderlands" - to be even better than the other aforementioned two.

"Boy i was wrong" is an admission of wrongness targeted at young adults, regarding the preceding statement.
wut

Anteater

giphyolsrx.gif

Just jumping in to say - HOLY SHIT TFTB is amazeballs!

Loved TWD1 and TWAU - didn't think they'd be able to do better...boy was I wrong.

Welcome to the club, bro. I was in the same camp as you (minus TWAU). TFTB is TellTale's best game by a good margin.

Curious how Batman will be. That's the only one on the horizon I have some faith in. The Guardians game, unless it goes full TFTB, will be a total wash a la Minecraft.

rtcn63

Everyone must die for Lara to live. Friend and foe alike, for she was chosen to spill blood for the blood god.

She bites a dude's ear off. He deserved it, but that bite was quick and clean, and something that could only come from repeated actions. And fuck me the game crashed.

Everyone must die for Lara to live. Friend and foe alike, for she was chosen to spill blood for the blood god.

She bites a dude's ear off. He deserved it, but that bite was quick and clean, and something that could only come from repeated actions. And fuck me the game crashed.

Revenge of the Tomb Raider |OT| Blood for the Blood Goddess

(Revenge obviously being the third game in the nuTR franchise)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
This is the price you can find the game pretty much everywhere. I'm sure the price will drop like a stone in less than one year, 75% off is so near.

I think he means the end date of the discount

rtcn63

Also the difference between PC games on low and high is that there's more shit floating in the air all aloof. Ashes, flames, dust, nanomachines.

After playing QWUD and going directly into QWUDLY, my mind is completely blown.

I'm thinking about playing either SMEG or K.O.M.B.U.C.H.A. next, any fans of DOOF who can help me decide?

I can tell you that I have really been enjoying the time I've spent with TITS lately. I highly recommend giving TITS a try if you're looking for a break from QWUD.

Hakkelus

Thank

Nzyme32

So I only just watched 10 Cloverfield Lane. Really fantastic movie - especially when going into it with no knowledge of what it is about other than the name and thus a casual suspicion there is a connection to Cloverfield.

However, coming out of it, I want to believe this is a precursor to having Half-Life / maybe even Portal slot into this little "cinematic universe" being built. Next related movie is out in Feb next year, so curious to see how that comes out.

Nzyme32

wait what how when what

what movie??

It is currently called "God Particle" and is due out 24th Feb 2017. Current cast includes:

Daniel Brühl
Elizabeth Debicki
Chris O'Dowd
Gugu Mbatha-Raw
Zhang Ziyi
David Oyelowo

The plot is likely different to what was suggested when they originally announced it back in 2012 but the most recent synopsis from October was:

“Particle” is about a team of astronauts who make a “shocking discovery” and end up fighting for survival in what is described as an altered reality.

It is confirmed to be the next movie in the "Cloverfield" universe - but keep in mind 10 Cloverfield Lane is not a sequel to the original Cloverfield but considered a "blood relative" which would make sense since there is no reference to the original events other than the name of the street / "Lane". It's not clear what this one will be exactly or how they connect

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
So I only just watched 10 Cloverfield Lane. Really fantastic movie - especially when going into it with no knowledge of what it is about other than the name and thus a casual suspicion there is a connection to Cloverfield.

However, coming out of it, I want to believe this is a precursor to having Half-Life / maybe even Portal slot into this little "cinematic universe" being built. Next related movie is out in Feb next year, so curious to see how that comes out.

The director, Dan Trachtenberg did the live-action Portal short. He also directed the Black Mirror episode "Playtest," which has many videogame references.

Nzyme32

The director, Dan Trachtenberg did the live-action Portal short. He also directed the Black Mirror episode "Playtest," which has many videogame references.

Yeah I read up on that after watching the movie. Lots of references and suggestions in the film, but I've yet to see Black Mirror fully so I look forward to getting to that episode.

JvnICTZ.png

Done. Two days, around 7 hours. Linear TPS with mechs. You are on an ice planet and fight giant bug-like monsters. Sounds much better than it actually is. In every single aspect you can feel the budget roots. Writing, story, VO etc. it all is just bad. Gameplay is better but still nothing to boast. Every animation stops you in your tracks, getting in mechs, changing weapon, picking up something. Frustrating at worst, irritating at best. Balancing is off. Your mechs break way too fast while some enemies take minutes of bullet-rain. Same goes for the interesting health mechanic. You collect heat energy from enemies which is your HP basically. This drains steadily. During levels you mostly won't have to care about it but bosses can be very different since you can't collect any heat energy. A few boss-fights became a struggle against the clock because of this. Still, the bosses which all mission ends with are the highlight. They are always different, have their own strategy to beat and generally are exciting.
Overall, I can't recommend this freely. Lack of polish in virtually every department made the completion a hard task. It was barely enough more fun than not that I finished it. Give it a try but lower your expectations heavily.

Parsnip

Played a bit of Steep beta yesterday.

Seems okay.
I wish I could fully customize the character. But I guess it doesn't really matter that much since you are all covered in weird snowboarder gear anyway, but still. I'd like to change the name.

Granjinha

It is currently called "God Particle" and is due out 24th Feb 2017. Current cast includes:

Daniel Brühl
Elizabeth Debicki
Chris O'Dowd
Gugu Mbatha-Raw
Zhang Ziyi
David Oyelowo

The plot is likely different to what was suggested when they originally announced it back in 2012 but the most recent synopsis from October was:

It is confirmed to be the next movie in the "Cloverfield" universe - but keep in mind 10 Cloverfield Lane is not a sequel to the original Cloverfield but considered a "blood relative" which would make sense since there is no reference to the original events other than the name of the street / "Lane". It's not clear what this one will be exactly or how they connect

woah i'm going after this

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Shiiittt

What recipe did you use?

Was it delicious?

MFers I want a kombucha recipe

It's a process more than a recipe.

It'll require you to obtain a scoby, which is basically a mushroom that sits in your brewed sugar-tea mixture and eats all the sugar.

If you're interested, I recommend a kit from Kombucha Brooklyn. It takes a few weeks to make your first batch, but the upshot is that you'll always be making super cheap and fresh kombucha after that.

Hello nice people!
Long time no see... here's a bit of something... hope everything works, good luck!

Please note Assault Android Cactus is a Steam key not an Android port I made nightime! :eek:

Thanks for this awesome giveaway, but I think something went wrong there, there are a couple of games I know I entered for who are still unclaimed and sending a PM to ModBot with an unclaimed game doesn't trigger a reply. Or maybe I fucked up and did something wrong.

Orgen

Thanks for this awesome giveaway, but I think something went wrong there, there are a couple of games I know I entered for who are still unclaimed and sending a PM to ModBot with an unclaimed game doesn't trigger a reply. Or maybe I fucked up and did something wrong.

Maybe that's because you already got a game from the giveaway and you can't get more than one even if they're unclaimed? I don't know

Tellaerin

JvnICTZ.png

Done. Two days, around 7 hours. Linear TPS with mechs. You are on an ice planet and fight giant bug-like monsters. Sounds much better than it actually is. In every single aspect you can feel the budget roots. Writing, story, VO etc. it all is just bad. Gameplay is better but still nothing to boast. Every animation stops you in your tracks, getting in mechs, changing weapon, picking up something. Frustrating at worst, irritating at best. Balancing is off. Your mechs break way too fast while some enemies take minutes of bullet-rain. Same goes for the interesting health mechanic. You collect heat energy from enemies which is your HP basically. This drains steadily. During levels you mostly won't have to care about it but bosses can be very different since you can't collect any heat energy. A few boss-fights became a struggle against the clock because of this. Still, the bosses which all mission ends with are the highlight. They are always different, have their own strategy to beat and generally are exciting.
Overall, I can't recommend this freely. Lack of polish in virtually every department made the completion a hard task. It was barely enough more fun than not that I finished it. Give it a try but lower your expectations heavily.

How does it compare to the first two? (Keep in mind that I enjoyed both of those.)

Xater

How does it compare to the first two? (Keep in mind that I enjoyed both of those.)

That is the first one.

So guess I will be showing up in this thread more often now. I ordered a gaming notebook today (yes I know a desktop is better but space concerns) and that thing has a 1060 in it. Should be good enough for a while. Bought Civ VI as well because I need my Civ. I have not skipped a game since Civ 2. Beyond Earth doesn't count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom