• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin1025

Banned
So what's been the most fun game people played this week?

Apart from Titanfall 2, sticking to Steam it's got to be my endless saga into Rainbow Six Siege. One day I won't die early in the round and compromise the squad. One day.

Apart from Titanfall 2, sticking to Steam it's got to be my endless saga into Rainbow Six Siege. One day I won't die early in the round and compromise the squad. One day.

I was LTTP, but Overwatch is just too much fun.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

Overwatch or HITMAN, for different reasons

OW with 2 bros is a blast, frenetic and intense

HITMAN has been a very chill, very satisfying affair

BF1, I'm doing better and better in Conquest than my time in BF3 every day.

But I've spent most of my time on Netflix for the past week, binge-watching shows.

Tizoc

Xanadu Next.
Most fun show I watched this week was Red Dwarf.

kevin1025

Banned
I was LTTP, but Overwatch is just too much fun.

Overwatch or HITMAN, for different reasons

OW with 2 bros is a blast, frenetic and intense

HITMAN has been a very chill, very satisfying affair

I have to break out of my reliability on Junkrat, I can't break myself away from him. Too much fun playing that way.

BF1, I'm doing better and better in Conquest than my time in BF3 every day.

But I've spent most of my time on Netflix for the past week, binge-watching shows.

I'm hoping to jump into BF1 if there's a decent Origin of GMG sale on Black Friday. It's been tough watching incredible videos and streams!

Planet Coaster because building theme parks is cool.

Pokemanz because Pokemanz.

I need to check out more of Planet Coaster. I only watched Jeff playing it in his Giant Bomb Extra Life stream, I need to read up on it more. I played Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 endlessly back in the day.

Xanadu Next.
Most fun show I watched this week was Red Dwarf.

Recent Red Dwarf? I missed out on everything after Series 8, I've been meaning to get back to it.

Anteater

Thanks for the recommendations but I'll have to do with my backlog.

Narrowed down list to select:

• Fallout New Vegas
  • Dragons Dogma
  • Valkyria Chronicles

What are your opinions?

Fallout if you want an rpg with a story, Dragon's dogma is more of an action game with a minimal story

Just powered through Oxenfree in one sitting. What a great game! Goddamn, I just can't handle how good games are right now.

I've been trucking through my backlog, so a lot of games to mention, but I think Crysis 2 was the most fun I've had this week. Leaping over aliens and shotgunning their brains out mid-air never got old.

It's either that or Shadowrun Returns, which I really should wrap up sooner than later so I can get to Dragonfall.

sadblob

Just finished Baldur's Gate 2: EE. The new content is pretty cool and the rebalancing makes it probably a better game than the original (and I consider BG2 to be the best game ever).

kevin1025

Banned
Just powered through Oxenfree in one sitting. What a great game! Goddamn, I just can't handle how good games are right now.

I've been trucking through my backlog, so a lot of games to mention, but I think Crysis 2 was the most fun I've had this week. Leaping over aliens and shotgunning their brains out mid-air never got old.

It's either that or Shadowrun Returns, which I really should wrap up sooner than later so I can get to Dragonfall.

I should really finish Shadowrun Returns as well. I am about two-thirds of the way through! I know a lot of people say to skip it, but I really enjoy the writing and the worldbuilding it has.

I should replay Crysis 2. I played it on Xbox 360, so the PC version all spiffied up could be a lot of fun.

Just finished Baldur's Gate 2: EE. The new content is pretty cool and the rebalancing makes it probably a better game than the original (and I consider BG2 to be the best game ever).

I have had the Baldur's Gate games on my backlog for ages. I wanted to play through them last summer (I played the first hour of the first game) but then the Siege of Dragonspear came into play, so now I'm waiting until I grab that during the winter sale and then playing it all as one massive experience.

Tizoc

I have to break out of my reliability on Junkrat, I can't break myself away from him. Too much fun playing that way.

I'm hoping to jump into BF1 if there's a decent Origin of GMG sale on Black Friday. It's been tough watching incredible videos and streams!

I need to check out more of Planet Coaster. I only watched Jeff playing it in his Giant Bomb Extra Life stream, I need to read up on it more. I played Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 endlessly back in the day.

Recent Red Dwarf? I missed out on everything after Series 8, I've been meaning to get back to it.
Series x and xi were good and fun imo

I should really finish Shadowrun Returns as well. I am about two-thirds of the way through! I know a lot of people say to skip it, but I really enjoy the writing and the worldbuilding it has.

I should replay Crysis 2. I played it on Xbox 360, so the PC version all spiffied up could be a lot of fun.

Crysis 2 cleans up really well. I did have to drop to 1080p to play it maxed at 60fps, and still had some random drops, but it looks pretty darn modern. And it plays heck of a lot better with a mouse/keyboard and with a frame rate above 30 fps.

The game's definitely not a stunning achievement but it's definitely an above average experience. And I'm a sucker for "aliens blowing up and terraforming New York" sort of stuff.

As far as Shadowrun Returns, I just really like cyberpunk and Xcom combat, so I might as well see the first entry out until the end. I'm still having a grand old time.

kevin1025

Banned
Hitman. Just Hitman. Only Hitman.

I bought Rise of the Tomb Raider instead :( I regret nothing, since Rise of the Tomb Raider rocks, but still.

But I'll rectify the decision once winter sale or possibly even fall sale arrives!

I said fun, not TOO much fun!!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
If I remember correctly, no game will be discounted more for the Winter sale than it is for the Fall sale right?

As a Steam Developer, I can tell you that developers/publishers submit the discounts for both the Fall and Winter sale separately. Valve recommend pricing them the same to not make anyone feel cheated, but it's up to the developer/publisher really.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Looks like some modders provided some fixes for the Steam version of Steins;Gate.

s3S5bQA.png
g6muEHx.png

http://steamcommunity.com/app/412830/discussions/0/215439774868934160/
Better typography: Adds word-wrapping to the phone and displays text in a nicer font.
Proper English: Fixes various typos/mistranslations in menu text.
High-quality CGs: Replaces low-quality (more heavily upscaled/compressed) translated images with edits of the high-quality Japanese originals.
High-quality FMV music: For openings and endings, plays high-quality BGM tracks instead of the included low-quality audio tracks.
Karaoke subtitles: Adds styled karaoke subtitles to openings and endings.
Forced texture filtering: Greatly improves visual quality during zoom-ins and at sub-1080p resolutions.
Black screen fix: Workaround for issue where game hangs at black screen when exiting while in fullscreen mode.
Higher-quality videos: Adds subtitles to some translated videos, allowing you to use the high-quality Japanese originals. (Requires manual setup, see installation instructions)

Tagyhag

As a Steam Developer, I can tell you that developers/publishers submit the discounts for both the Fall and Winter sale separately. Valve recommend pricing them the same to not make anyone feel cheated, but it's up to the developer/publisher really.

Ah interesting, thanks!

fallout

I've been playing Pirates! again. I kind of got the itch and it still holds up as a phenomenal game. Would be great if they did another updated version of it, even if it was to just support higher resolutions and make it a bit prettier.

kevin1025

Banned
I've been playing Pirates! again. I kind of got the itch and it still holds up as a phenomenal game. Would be great if they did another updated version of it, even if it was to just support higher resolutions and make it a bit prettier.

That's another one on the wall of shame for me. I wanted to play it for so long, but now that I have a pretty good PC after being console-only, I haven't gotten around to it!

I bought my friend Overwatch for Christmas, hope someone got the hint to get it for me too lol. Steamgaf regularly play overwatch, or nah? I'd love to play with not randoms if possible.

Of course this wouldn't be until closer to Christmas anyway. In Steam related questions, anybody know if PayPal or anybody is doing sales on Steam credit?

Annubis

Hexxat's stuff was great from start to finish. Crazy plot, fun character to have around in your party, and the new dungeon related to her is great. Siege of Dragonspear is closer to that kind of content than the Neera stuff, thankfully.

Having a thief that does not suck balls was a nice change.
Finally could play something else than thief with my main character.

kevin1025

Banned
I bought my friend Overwatch for Christmas, hope someone got the hint to get it for me too lol. Steamgaf regularly play overwatch, or nah? I'd love to play with not randoms if possible.

Of course this wouldn't be until closer to Christmas anyway. In Steam related questions, anybody know if PayPal or anybody is doing sales on Steam credit?

I regularly play, Quartos#1869 if anyone wants to add me!

I play! And by that I mean I play D.Va.

RockinRanger#1570

started playing Splinter Cell: Blacklist...enjoying it a lot (I had started it a couple times in the past but other things always got in the way of me sticking with it)

so far my play style is a mix of Ghost & Panther

Corpekata

Banned
Steins Gate was going good for a while but now I'm like helping this stupid catigrl win a Pokemon tournament and back to only being able to slowly trudge through it.

Deques

Looks like the server for Prime World Defenders has been taken down, which means you unlock achievements or upload scores or whatever you could before. The devs haven't mentioned why it's down or when it will be back. It's suspected that they focus on mobile only now

This kinda sucks for achievement hunters or for those who want to compare scores with each other. And why would they rely on an online server to unlock achievements?
Me myself only got 34 of 134 achievements unlocked

Arminsc

I couldn't play anything but Tyranny, and oh boy is it good...

Hektor

I won't let you leave this thread without explaining to us very thoroughly why in hell would you want a Neverdead port

I'm currently in the mood for weird mediocre games of the ps360 generation and the game looks actually really intriguing from the outside.

Also, guilty pleasure Megadeth

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Eternal having beefy single player modes is so fucking smart. I barely touched multiplayer, im too hooked on these increasingly harder Gauntlets.

This game is so fucking legit, that Elder Scrolls card game is in good hands at least (same devs, Dire Wolf).

Also super into ESO, after fucking around with a bunch of characters because I just liked too many class combinations, I settled on my "dark ranger" bow sorceror now and im on my way to clearing Auridon (which if you played ESO know that its ridiculously big) and almost lvl 15.

Between those, a bit of wow now and then (even tho that one has slowed down a lot, not unexpectedly to be fair) and finishing Fran Bow, I've been playing more videogames than I have in months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom